[SR09] God Phoenix Gearfried

image2.png?w=1334&ssl=1

God Phoenix Gearfried
Level 9 FIRE Warrior Effect Monster
ATK 3000
DEF 2200
You can only use each effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) Banish 1 Equip Spell you control or in your GY; Special Summon this card from your hand.

(2) If this card attacks, at the start of damage calculation: You can equip 1 face-up monster on the field to this card as an Equip Spell (max. 1) with this effect.
● It gains 500 ATK.

(3) When a monster activates its effect: You can send 1 face-up Equip you control to the GY; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

Remember when these type of boss monsters at the very least required 2 targets in the grave (BLS, CED ... Ultimate Conductor) and could not substitute from the field ?

(i) Easy as heck summoning conditions.

(ii) Non targeting non-destruction removal without triggering floating effects

(iii) The obligatory negate Monsters, Spell/Traps or just everything clause on a Structure Deck Boss monster (or just flip everything with Ultimate Conductor)

... Oh and hey, just because it was not Stacked enough, it is also a level 9 monster.

Aww, I was hoping for Gemini support. Equip Spell support is pretty cool, but this doesn't really feel like Equip Spell support, it's just Isolde support more than anything. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the rest of the Structure Deck is like...

Also, Konami should slow down with their Level 9 fetish.

To be fair, Level 9 had been basically forgotten about for years compared to Level 7, 8 and 10. Now if only Level 11 would get some support... My Tierra deck would like that!

[...] To be fair, Level 9 had been basically forgotten about for years compared to Level 7, 8 and 10. Now if only Level 11 would get some support... My Tierra deck would like that!

Yes, however that is the exact reason they could get monsters like True King of All Calamities and World Legacy Monstrosity.

Question: If this card is equipped by a monster that already has an effect when equipped like say... "Dragon Buster Destruction Sword", would this card's effect override that one?

Anyways, I'm honestly a bit surprised at the overreactions.  Yes, this card is really good, but, I mean, haven't most of these R bosses been pretty ridiculous?  This seems on par with the other bosses, if admittedly a little easier to summon.

Based on this card alone, I'm thinking "Valkyrian Knight" and "Blue Flame Swordsman" are probably gonna be reprinted in this structure to enable Battle Phase shenanigans.  Phoenix Blade probably would be in here too if it wasn't banned in the OCG.  I wonder if we're gonna get a Warrior-specific Premature Burial?

Question: If this card is equipped by a monster that already has an effect when equipped like say... "Dragon Buster Destruction Sword", would this card's effect override that one?

Anyways, I'm honestly a bit surprised at the overreactions.  Yes, this card is really good, but, I mean, haven't most of these R bosses been pretty ridiculous?  This seems on par with the other bosses, if admittedly a little easier to summon.

Based on this card alone, I'm thinking "Valkyrian Knight" and "Blue Flame Swordsman" are probably gonna be reprinted in this structure to enable Battle Phase shenanigans.  Phoenix Blade probably would be in here too if it wasn't banned in the OCG.  I wonder if we're gonna get a Warrior-specific Premature Burial?

Well Spellcasters did get their own version of A Warrior Returning Alive so thats a potential maybe right their. Though if Warriors do get anything along that line I hope more so for them a Warrior specific A HERO Lives that locks you into Warrior monsters for the turn (to avoid Link shenanigans with things like Knightmares.)

Isolde can both search this, and mill the equips needed to get it off

It's way too funking easy to summon is the general feeling

• 2 weeks later...

Archived