I'm here for the community

Horu

A valuable lesson to learn is this. On this site, I don't need to be a mod to have the final say of how shit goes here. Notice that I stayed silent and only posted once yesterday and activity here died. This is why I have the final say. This is why YCMaker listened to me. I have been here long enough that I could've simply asked for the mod status anytime I felt like it. The thing is I don't want it. I like meeting the community on equal ground. No fun in reporting somebody like a little bitch because their post hurt my feelings. Like I said before, if you don't like my content, grow up and move on. If you wanna step into my discussions, get thicker skin or see yourself out. I can make a perfectly valid point with silence alone. And silence is something that can't be censored. A single day is all it took. Since I announced my break and remained out of the forums and status bar, activity ceased to exist. You can't be a mod on a site with no activity. So again, my threads and statuses are a safe zone for users. I will handle them how I choose. And Nyx, as my friend, you should respect this. If YCMaker, Flame Dragon and Enguin can respect this request, you should too. So I will make it clear. I am back for the time being. I will do the things I promised and my threads/statuses will remain a safe zone. So since this is my thread, I will conduct any discussion that happens here as I choose. If I need a mod, I will simply give you a shout out. But this thread is for anyone who has something to say. This isn't just a safe zone for me. It is for everyone. I promised to be here until the card maker was released. Just had to leave a reminder how much say I have here even without status. Remember, it was Rayfield, Godbrand, Winter, Nyx and Me that restored activity here. Did anyone think I asked for Nyx to be a mod simply out of friendship? That isn't why I elected Nyx. I chose him because I knew he had the time to dedicate that I soon wouldn't have. I explained this already though. Enguin got his spot simply because he asked. Nyx got the spot because the community backed me on this decision. I'm sure everyone that agreed Nyx should be a mod had a different reason for doing so. Whatever that reason is doesn't matter to me. I chose Nyx because the only person more deserving of being a mod than me also declined the position and I had to think somebody that would have time to be here everyday and remain active beyond the release of the new card maker. Nyx was my pick for the long run. Although, funny thing is, Nyx seems to have developed a bias against me since becoming a mod. Maybe it's more related to the fact that I don't abandon certain friends that he doesn't quite approve of. Whatever the case may be, I was somewhat of an outcast in the old group because I refused to turn my back on a friend. Although, I'm glad Rayfield is understanding and chooses to remain a good friend to me.

40 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Listen. I don't play favorites. I'm just trying to keep this forum in order.

I've messaged other users when they were doing things they shouldn't be doing. Like posting content in the wrong sections, or spamming, or multi-accounting. I am not targeting you.

Okay. Fair enough. I understand you have a job to do. You are part of the community and you are welcome to whatever discussion I choose to open. But if I am unable to handle the users in my statuses and threads, I will let you know. The above is just something I needed to get off my chest. About 4am this morning, I came back because I knew walking out on the community wasn't the right thing to do at this point. Yes, I do need a break but I also promised I would be here until the card maker was released. While I intend to be mostly silent, I will post if I have something to say or I don't agree with something. I realize that I trusted you to be a mod and Flame Dragon did take me up on that. I will need you to act the part moreso in my absence too. My break will likely start in late May or early June and I'll likely be away for a couple months. I'll try to come in whenever I'm not tired or too exhausted to care. But that will all depend on wether or not I'm able to stay awake. Hell, as it stands, I'm barely able to stay awake through the entirety of a 10 minute video on youtube. Yesterday, I had to stay away and I'm sure Rayfield explained more in detail why I stepped down from the project and everything on discord.

As I stated above. This thread is a safe place for everyone to vent. That way they can say what they need to say and move on. Not really a discussion thread. More of a "speak your piece and move on" thread. 

2 minutes ago, Nobody Really said:

Okay. Fair enough. I understand you have a job to do. You are part of the community and you are welcome to whatever discussion I choose to open. But if I am unable to handle the users in my statuses and threads, I will let you know. 

Well, there really is not stopping other users from joining in on your threads and status updates. What you could do however is make a Discord server and invite the select users you want. And if you don't like Discord, you can always make a group message on this forum, inviting only the users you want. And in turn, leave out the users you don't want. It's easy!

7 minutes ago, Nobody Really said:

Yes, I do need a break but I also promised I would be here until the card maker was released. While I intend to be mostly silent, I will post if I have something to say or I don't agree with something. I realize that I trusted you to be a mod and Flame Dragon did take me up on that. I will need you to act the part moreso in my absence too. My break will likely start in late May or early June and I'll likely be away for a couple months. I'll try to come in whenever I'm not tired or too exhausted to care. But that will all depend on wether or not I'm able to stay awake. Hell, as it stands, I'm barely able to stay awake through the entirety of a 10 minute video on youtube. Yesterday, I had to stay away and I'm sure Rayfield explained more in detail why I stepped down from the project and everything on discord.

Well don't push yourself. Just because you're beta testing the card maker doesn't mean you are obligated to be here. There's plenty of users who signed up for beta testing, with varying results of activity. Some haven't even been online for days. 

You won't do anyone a disservice by taking a break for a couple of days. You're only human. It's okay to take some days off to cool down, collect your thoughts, or deal with real-life stuff. So don't worry about it.

2 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Well, there really is not stopping other users from joining in on your threads and status updates. What you could do however is make a Discord server and invite the select users you want. And if you don't like Discord, you can always make a group message on this forum, inviting only the users you want. And in turn, leave out the users you don't want. It's easy!

I already have tons of group convos open in my messages but I'll work on the discord server when I have more time.

Well don't push yourself. Just because you're beta testing the card maker doesn't mean you are obligated to be here. There's plenty of users who signed up for beta testing, with varying results of activity. Some haven't even been online for days. 

This I have noticed. Just have to point out little things and make suggestions as far as the card maker goes. 

You won't do anyone a disservice by taking a break for a couple of days. You're only human. It's okay to take some days off to cool down, collect your thoughts, or deal with real-life stuff. So don't worry about it.

Thanks for the understanding on that part. I chose to stay away yesterday for good reason. Mostly to sleep (this will eat the majority of my downtime in June btw) but also I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone I felt I didn't have to or simply felt like they didn't deserve my time.

4 hours ago, God Emperor Cow said:

this might be the funniest and saddest thing i've read

8 minutes ago, Zamazenta said:

So sad but true... :( Visit https://www.duelingbook.com/ the people there are more Toxic.

Since my return, I have been the center of any major activity here. I just find it funny that I left for literally a day and all activity on this site died.

Mm.  Activity on here will wax and wane.  You don't have to feel like you need to take on everything yourself Horu.

As for your particular insight as to the lack of activity a couple days ago, it seems pretty straightforward: opinions that are against the popular opinion is going to artificially spawn activity regardless of who is saying it.

Still, the type of politically charged content (even stuff that's only tangentially political) should probably stay off the status bar since... well... debates on one side or another can give a negative impression for new people if they see the status bar as representative of the forum.  Would you actively want to join a site if the first opinion you see is politically against what you believe in?  For some, it might not matter, but if you want to focus on growing the forum/fostering activity, the status bar should probably remain neutral.

Again, please make sure you're taking care of yourself..

There's no point in the "ban me for a while" option if you request to make it partial due to still wanting to check the page. If it isn't a total lock from the site, asking for ban assistance becimes just a waste of time for the mod.... and it better be at least a full 7 day week. This "I'll be checking" throws the rest of the efforts on the trash. Do you wanna rest or not?

The fact you really think "I just had to phone mah man Flame D real quick and he'd have thrown the election thread on the trash an' elected me" is your level of influence is so unreal. I'll ask you then, why don't you ask him to come corroborate? Because honestly the first thought that comes to mind is "What a load of bullshit xD ". Care for a jaw-dropping demonstration? I'd ask him myself but you are CLEARLY the influential one so have at it.

Sundays are the most inactive day of the week in terms of online activity in pretty much any site, to the point the artist communities say they are " throwing their art in a black hole" by posting it in such a day. If you wanna prove how much activity you represent you should go away for a more tangible amount of time, and especially not almost exclusively Sunday. 24 out of the 30 hours youvwere away were Sunday. Throughtout you were still shown online at the member list, and yet there still managed to be activity, I'd know because I was part of it at statuses xD

Mind you, I support and am all in favor on you going away xD indefinitely

My lunch break ended so I actually couldn't address one more thing I wanted to:
That's a weird take on the story with "I sided with my friend when nobody else would" but really it is more like
Horu: "that one friend of mine was causing distress and destroying progress work made by the entire team, and getting worse every time but I preferred to side with him over my other friends in the group that were the actual victims in this. After all, I never really cared about that project I was a part of, child's junk am I right? that's why no matter what that one friend of mine did to them, nothing of consequence in my eyes could be lost from there. Fuck their childish work of weeks, it's not like one of them had to scout through 99 pages of discussions at YCM PMs to recover lost progress because my friend deleted it on a whim one afternoon. Ho ho ho, he was just playing around, and no one understands him. This'll help me look a lot more virtuous if I can reword it later on".

^There, that's more laccurate.

Archived