Joke and Overpowered Cards

The Nyx Avatar

Long day yesterday and I couldn't respond. It's also gonna be a pretty long day today, but I've at least had the chance to think about these.

I'm usually all for talking about the hypothetical strength of your cards if printed irl, but I think everyone else already has those bases covered. Generally, they do too much, and they do so in an extremely effective way.

It's pretty clear that these are support cards for Tearalaments and Branded. Both decks allow you to turbo into Corviknight which lets you summon Winda (or Invoked Caliga) on your opponent's turn without having to run the appropriate monsters -OR- getting locked yourself.

Tears cannot make either card reliably by themselves (i.e. you cannot use the Tears' GY effect to fusion summon either card), but since Tears are fairly splashable in any fusion or GY oriented strategy, you can easily mix them with Shaddolls or Zombies or, heck, even Darklords to give them the right materials to summon these. And these cards ARE worth jumping through hoops to summon just because of their power level.

Branded has a much easier time using these and can benefit off of the high level one's tag out effect much better than Tears can (tag into any of the Albaz Fusions besides Lubellion). You can even fuse right back into GM Corvi using Albion as a field wipe during the opponent's turn.

Of course, these can be used to counter those decks via Super Poly, but Starving Venom already tends to cover that, and the quick effects of these cards force you to dedicate more extra deck space to Fusions if you wanna counter Fusions (which is inefficient, unless you are also running Branded/Tears).

...which ultimately brings me to one question: why make OP support for strategies that are already meta?

If you want to, that's fine, I suppose. But it kinda makes discussion feel pointless since we're all simply addressing the elephant in the room.

• Like 1

262844788_GenericRivals-of-AetherFighter(3).thumb.png.75bdd06900429ed24d4f174706c4a2b0.png

Effect: If this survives battle 4 times against a monster, send that monster to the GY.
Whenever this targets a monster for an attack, instead of calculating the victor of the battle normally, roll a die and call it. If you are 1 or less from your call, the ATK of this card increases by 100 x the difference in levels during the Damage Step only; otherwise, you may decrease the ATK of this card by 500 during the Damage Step only, and if you do, this does not get destroyed as a result of battle for that battle.
Whenever a monster targets this for an attack, flip a coin and call it, and if you call it right, you may decrease your choice of ATK OR DEF by 250 if possible and if you do either, this can not be destroyed as a result of battle for that battle nor the next battle.

1942bbf6e67a.jpg

Koraidon, Heroic Dragon Bike
Level 4 EARTH Dragon Synchro Effect Monster
ATK 2000 DEF 1500
1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
You can only use the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd effect of this card’s name each once per turn.
(1) If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can add 1 of your Warrior, Beast-Warrior, or Dragon monster that is banished or in your GY to your hand. 
(2) During your opponent's Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can target both other 1 monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls; return them to the hand.
(3) If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your GY, except "Koraidon, Heroic Dragon Bike"; Special Summon it in Defense Position.

e9e25c6600b1.jpg

Koraidon, Warrior from the Past
Level 8 EARTH Dragon Synchro Effect Monster
ATK 3000 DEF 2500
You can only use the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd effect of this card’s name each once per turn.
(1) If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can add 1 Warrior, Beast-Warrior, or Dragon monster from your Deck to your hand. 
(2) During the Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can target 1 other monster you control; destroy all monsters your opponent controls during the End Phase of this turn with an ATK equal or less then the targeted monster (even if this card leaves the field). 
(3) If a other monster(s) you control is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can target 1 monster in your GY; Special Summon it.

5fa3fa4057be.jpg

Miraidon, Cybernetic Dragon Bike
Link -2 LIGHT Machine Link Effect Monster
ATK 2000
BL, BR
2 Effect Monsters
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can add 1 of your Cyberse, Thunder, or Machine monsters that is banished or in your GY to your hand. 
(2) During your opponent's Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can target both other 1 monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls; immediately after this effect resolves, Link Summon using only those monsters. 
(3) If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your GY; Special Summon it in Defense Position.

81e02f0cc1e6.jpg

Miraidon, Cybernetic Dragon from the Future
Link -4 LIGHT Cyberse Link Effect Monster
ATK 3000
T, L, R, B
2+ Effect Monsters
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can add 1 Cyberse, Thunder, or Machine monster from your Deck to your hand. 
(2) During the Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can target both other 1 monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls; immediately after this effect resolves, Link Summon using only those monsters. 
(3) If a other monster(s) you control is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can target 1 monster in your GY; Special Summon it.

Edited by Zefra Zamazenta
  • Like 2

@Rayfield Lumina @Kokoroshi @Loleo @Blue Arcana @Redro @Dokutah Can you please give these cards a review and tell me what you think of them and if you do could you tell me what Decks would play these cards, also from now on I said That Custom card Threads I make are now gonna be reduced to once or every few months or so.

They arent bad actually, but I've noticed a pattern in their effects that they dont need for what their meant to do.

- The Synchro 4 and Link-2 shouldn't be able to float on destruction, because no matter the situation (minus banishing), its free advantage for existing, especially since they can recover ANY of their respective Type monsters (recovering from banished is also pushing it a bit).

- The recovery of another monster being destroyed and searching ANY of the respective Types on the Synchro 8 and Link-4 is also a complete no-no imo even tho its obviously meant to enable their own effects, specifically for Koriadon, cuz that gives D-Link more ways of thinning the Deck than they already do. Literal only thing keeping from being too abusable, is it being EARTH instead of DARK since that means, you'll have to commit to him first before anything else (In theory).

9 hours ago, Blue Arcana said:

They arent bad actually, but I've noticed a pattern in their effects that they dont need for what their meant to do.

- The Synchro 4 and Link-2 shouldn't be able to float on destruction, because no matter the situation (minus banishing), its free advantage for existing, especially since they can recover ANY of their respective Type monsters (recovering from banished is also pushing it a bit).

- The recovery of another monster being destroyed and searching ANY of the respective Types on the Synchro 8 and Link-4 is also a complete no-no imo even tho its obviously meant to enable their own effects, specifically for Koriadon, cuz that gives D-Link more ways of thinning the Deck than they already do. Literal only thing keeping from being too abusable, is it being EARTH instead of DARK since that means, you'll have to commit to him first before anything else (In theory).

There not like other boss monsters who has negates or protection or gives your monsters protection I made these like boss monsters but without the negates and protection you want me to nuef these 2017/2016 power level its 2022.

14 hours ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

There not like other boss monsters who has negates or protection or gives your monsters protection I made these like boss monsters but without the negates and protection you want me to nuef these 2017/2016 power level its 2022.

I didnt even say anything about them, nor was that the problem. The problem is how much advantage they generate for searching/recovering anything of their Types, I repeat ANYTHING of their Types and floating on destruction.

On 8/3/2022 at 8:38 PM, Zefra Zamazenta said:

1942bbf6e67a.jpg

Koraidon, Heroic Dragon Bike
Level 4 EARTH Dragon Synchro Effect Monster
ATK 2000 DEF 1500
(1) If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can add 1 of your Warrior, Beast-Warrior, or Dragon monster that is banished or in your GY to your hand. 
(2) During your opponent's Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can target both other 1 monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls; return them to the hand.
(3) If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your GY, except "Koraidon, Heroic Dragon Bike"; Special Summon it in Defense Position.

e9e25c6600b1.jpg

Koraidon, Warrior from the Past
Level 8 EARTH Dragon Synchro Effect Monster
ATK 3000 DEF 2500
(1) If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can add 1 Warrior, Beast-Warrior, or Dragon monster from your Deck to your hand. 
(2) During the Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can target 1 other monster you control; destroy all monsters your opponent controls during the End Phase of this turn with an ATK equal or less then the targeted monster (even if this card leaves the field). 

5fa3fa4057be.jpg

Miraidon, Cybernetic Dragon Bike
Link -2 LIGHT Machine Link Effect Monster
ATK 2000
BL, BR
2 Effect Monsters
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can add 1 of your Cyberse, Thunder, or Machine monsters that is banished or in your GY to your hand. 
(2) During your opponent's Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can target both other 1 monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls; immediately after this effect resolves, Link Summon using only those monsters. 
(3) If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your GY; Special Summon it in Defense Position.

81e02f0cc1e6.jpg

Miraidon, Cybernetic Dragon from the Future
Link -4 LIGHT Cyberse Link Effect Monster
ATK 3000
T, L, R, B
2+ Effect Monsters
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can add 1 Cyberse, Thunder, or Machine monster from your Deck to your hand. 
(2) During the Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can target both other 1 monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls; immediately after this effect resolves, Link Summon using only those monsters. 

The big ones (Level 8 and Link-4) can float into each other indefinitely, and the Link-2 and 4 have an effect that literally gives you advantage and removal for zero cost (I guess it depends on your Extra Deck, but I doubt you'd run that in Decks without generic Links -- imagine using this effect to snipe their Halq by Libk Summoning with it into your own Halq, hilarious). The Level 4, ironically, sounds like something that could exist on paper. Maybe if it was a Level higher and the materials were a bit more specific. Blue also mentioned the advantage you get from just summoning them, and straight from the Deck in the big ones' case. They're beyond just busted, if you ask me, but since that is the topic of the thread, isn't it okay?

Also, the Level 8 can target a boosted monster you control (Accesscode?) for mass, non-targeting (not targeting their monsters, anyway) removal. Crazy. I love it -- reminds me of Armed Dragon but better. In fact, Koraidon actually reminds me of an Armed Dragon... Coincidence?

I do think they could be made even more busted if they could float when leaving the field, period, instead of when destroyed, though. That way you get advantage even when Link/Synchro climbing.

Unfortunately, I'm not that well-versed into specific Decks, but I'm sure that the Link ones could fit into pretty much anything, considering the L2 can recycle any Cyberse you've previously used, and the L4 can search for a particular Cyberse key piece, though I cannot think of any right now. The Synchros, on the other hand... I don't think they're bad or anything, but even with their insane advantage generation, their searching and recycling isn't as universal as the Links' (many Extra Deck staples are Cyberse, after all).

Apologies for coming in uninvited, by the way, but these looked really interesting and I wanted to chime in.

Edited by Aníbal Salazar
  • Like 1

4f8f5fdeea04.jpg

Hydreigon the Brutal Dragon of Darkness
Rank 9/DARK/Dragon/Xyz/Effect
3 Level 9 monsters with different names
You can only control 1 "Hydreigon the Brutal Dragon of Darkness".
Once per turn, if an opponent's Xyz Monster activated its effects this turn, you can also Xyz Summon "Hydreigon the Brutal Dragon of Darkness" by using 1 Xyz Monster your opponent controls as material. (Transfer its materials to this card.) 
(1) Thrice per turn (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card; banish 1 card on the field. 
(2) Once per turn, during your End Phase: You can target 1 card either player's in the GY; attach it to this card as material.
3300/3300

See I neufed it

So I love the anti-xyz idea behind this, but it is absolutely busted. Not only do you Kaiju away an opponent's monster, but theb you get THRICE per turn quick effect banish, and recover 2 materials at each end phase, so that next turn you can continue to banish? If it didn't recover it's material I would've been willing to accept since there's a limitation, but this is ridiculous. 

My suggestion would be remove the end phase material recovery and change it to twice per turn. It would still be an insanely good anti-xyz monster, but can actually be considered fair.

Another suggestion would be instead of a generic banishing effect, why not continue the anti-xyz theme? Something like meklords ability to equip synchros, maybe it can attach an opponent's xyz monster and transfer its material to itself? Also the summon should be a quick effect that way you can disrupt the opponent's xyz plays.

Absolutely love this card, but I do have to agree that it's absolutely busted -- Accesscode + Underworld Goddess in a single Xyz package, but with built-in, infinite recursion? Either the recursion must go, or the alternate Summoning condition must be changed, but considering that they must activate an effect in your turn (I don't see a Quick Effect tag for that), maybe it isn't as borked as it might appear on first glance?

The recursion most certainly has to be reworked in some way, though. Even if Summoning this card normally seems like a shore (unless you cheat it out with the alternate Summoning condition), once it hits the field, you get infinite banishes on your turn. Maybe it can be an "Once while face-up on the field" thing, or even that it could either banish or use its recursion that turn, but not both?

There's also making it a purely anti-Xyz weapon, but I'm not really sure how to go about that without completely killing this card's potential.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aníbal Salazar said:

Absolutely love this card, but I do have to agree that it's absolutely busted -- Accesscode + Underworld Goddess in a single Xyz package, but with built-in, infinite recursion? Either the recursion must go, or the alternate Summoning condition must be changed, but considering that they must activate an effect in your turn (I don't see a Quick Effect tag for that), maybe it isn't as borked as it might appear on first glance?

The recursion most certainly has to be reworked in some way, though. Even if Summoning this card normally seems like a shore (unless you cheat it out with the alternate Summoning condition), once it hits the field, you get infinite banishes on your turn. Maybe it can be an "Once while face-up on the field" thing, or even that it could either banish or use its recursion that turn, but not both?

There's also making it a purely anti-Xyz weapon, but I'm not really sure how to go about that without completely killing this card's potential.

Look at replies down below your Quote. I had to tackle 2 message with 1 Opioton.

18 hours ago, KH911 said:

So I love the anti-xyz idea behind this, but it is absolutely busted. Not only do you Kaiju away an opponent's monster, but theb you get THRICE per turn quick effect banish, and recover 2 materials at each end phase, so that next turn you can continue to banish? If it didn't recover it's material I would've been willing to accept since there's a limitation, but this is ridiculous. 

My suggestion would be remove the end phase material recovery and change it to twice per turn. It would still be an insanely good anti-xyz monster, but can actually be considered fair.

Another suggestion would be instead of a generic banishing effect, why not continue the anti-xyz theme? Something like meklords ability to equip synchros, maybe it can attach an opponent's xyz monster and transfer its material to itself? Also the summon should be a quick effect that way you can disrupt the opponent's xyz plays.

How bout no that will make it compete garbage this card is suppose to be a Reverse Zeus that Summons its if that relies on your opponent playing Xyz monsters and they must activate it during the user turn otherwise that's how you play around it to its like Zeus instead of an Xyz having to battle Hydreigon thinks about them activating their effects and that's the opponent's monsters and uses only 1 Xyz monster your opponent controls this helps to get rid of cards like AA-Zeus and the Rank 8 Exosisters and the new upcoming Purey Xyz Monster Example Expurey Noir would Usually be a blasted pain to deal with but with this card it counters that I will how bout this I make the recursion once during the user End Phase rather then both players End Phases and I make it attach only 1 material from the GYs at a time.

I wont touch the banish 3 times per turn effect cause he has 3 heads Hydreigon that's like saying he can only use 1 head okay maybe attach 2 each turn during both players End Phases might be a little to OP so I will just make it limited to only its User's End Phases and only attach 1 card from either players GY instead of 2 I also might add a discard cost to the effect and I won't touch the stats cause 3300 ATK/DEF because he has 3 heads its a pun I also might not touch the Alternative Summoning Conditions okay tell me what you think based on my replies does that sound like a good idea?

So its a Good counter to those cards including FS0 Utopic Draconic Future which is also a pain to deal with I'm not going to make an ED monster to deal with each type Like Fusion. Synchro, or Links, etc only Xyz gets the counter it would be petty stupid of me to just make a Fusion Monster to let you use your opponent's Fusion Monster as material via Contact Fusion or Synchros Summon using opponent's Synchro's as material, etc. However I always wanted to make an Xyz monster that has something Similar to Zeus Alternative Summoning Conditions but in a different way instead of your Xyz monsters battle this turn and you use Xyz Monster you control how bout I make a reverse version of that that's also easy to understand like your opponent actives their Xyz Monster's effects during your turn and you use an Xyz monster they control to Summon this card its also dependent on the formats like 1 format can be a good format for this card and maybe you know Konami Suddenly Releases a New pack to Power Creep all META and Anti-META Xyz based Decks out of the format and Suddenly Next Format Hydreigon is Suddenly thrown over out of Everybody's ED because the META doesn't call for any Xyz Decks that format Hydreigon is Suddenly no longer an Staple to be an anti Xyz and no longer META or ROUGE Relevant and is only played in Decks that can make level 9s then Xyz into this RANK 9 using 3 monsters with different names and Suddenly this card is not so good this card replaces VFD in Virtual World Decks since Hydreigon is not a 1 sided Mystic Mine Floodgate but yeah it does banish 3 times I think that makes up for the card being kinda hard to summon due to its Awkward Rank or Over Reliance on it or you hoping for your opponent to play Xyz monsters and/or the Deck Favors Xyz over Fusions, Synchros, and Links and your opponent must activate the Xyz Monsters effect during your turn which they can choose not to to play around Hydreigon or have a Hydreigon of their own and steals your Hydreigon with their Hydreigon and I know the card kinda seems unfair to banish 3 times on a Quick effect and with its recursion on both players to maybe I can limit it to during the user's End Phase and limit it to only attach 1 card to it as material instead of 2 materials and maybe a discard cost to use the effect it also slows down the recursion every turn and well still make the card viable and its not like Hydreigon has Negates, Floodgates, or Protection on it.

That's my take on how I take options and how to Nuef my cards I'm not trying to offended sorry if I did But I don't like Neufing my cards down to the ground of Konami is printing cards like Finner and Byssted monsters but I will try to take your options into Consideration but we probably can come up with some sort of compromise and if you ever want to come back to this thread I have archived this thread and all of its messages on the Wayback Machine.

https://web.archive.org/web/20220818044452/https://www.cardmaker.net/forums/topic/416320-hydreigon-the-brutal-dragon-of-darkness/

You know what? I think the Hydreigon is completely reasonable if the recursion effect was slightly limited (probably reload during your EP).

In terms of reasonable deckbuilding, the card is at best a side deck pick, and while extremely powerful, the card is entirely dependent on the opponent (who will reasonably need to expect such a card). Outside that, it's kinda like a modern take on DAD, which is a pretty nice touch.

Of all of the designs that were put here, I really don't think this one deserved to be tossed in joke & OP.

• Shiba Inu 2

46 minutes ago, Redro said:

You know what? I think the Hydreigon is completely reasonable if the recursion effect was slightly limited (probably reload during your EP).

In terms of reasonable deckbuilding, the card is at best a side deck pick, and while extremely powerful, the card is entirely dependent on the opponent (who will reasonably need to expect such a card). Outside that, it's kinda like a modern take on DAD, which is a pretty nice touch.

Of all of the designs that were put here, I really don't think this one deserved to be tossed in joke & OP.

I really only move it here because Zefra has zero intentions on changing the card for balancing reasons.

He's not looking to improve. He just wants to show off. Rendering any and all criticisms you give of his cards null and void

• Sad 1

On 8/16/2022 at 11:48 PM, Zefra Zamazenta said:

3e3b6d6b4496.jpg

Hydreigon the Brutal Dragon of Darkness
Rank 9/DARK/Dragon/Xyz/Effect
3 Level 9 monsters with different names
You can only control 1 "Hydreigon the Brutal Dragon of Darkness".
Once per turn, if an opponent's Xyz Monster activated its effects this turn, you can also Xyz Summon "Hydreigon the Brutal Dragon of Darkness" by using 1 Xyz Monster your opponent controls as material. (Transfer its materials to this card.) 
(1) Thrice per turn (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card; banish 1 card on the field. 
(2) Once per turn, during the End Phase: You can target up to 2 cards in the GYs; attach them to this card as material.
3300/3300

I'm honestly surprised this card was moved here for once, it's a hard to summon boss monster that acts as a counter to other XYZ. I would probably make the slight changes that the second effect is only during your end phase or only 1 card and the thrice per turn effect targeted the card it banished. In the future I would love to see some cards that exist nowadays that you believe your cards are of comparable power level to to help balance these around "pushing the meta".

I will also say this card also might just be used as a generic rank 9 Xyz in the future.

1 hour ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

I really only move it here because Zefra has zero intentions on changing the card for balancing reasons.

He's not looking to improve. He just wants to show off. Rendering any and all criticisms you give of his cards null and void

Didn't see this before making the comment.

Edited by Loleo

To be honest, I did come to the conclusion that the alternate summoning condition was probably fine, and that you probably would never summon it normally. My only gripe with it was the indefinite recursion, because if the opponent doesn't outs this on their turn, their board would just get cleared up the next turn, unless they got a pretty good negate.

My suggestion is still to make it so the (1) effect and the (2) effect can't be used both on the same turn, nothing else, really.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Animav said:

To be honest, I did come to the conclusion that the alternate summoning condition was probably fine, and that you probably would never summon it normally. My only gripe with it was the indefinite recursion, because if the opponent doesn't outs this on their turn, their board would just get cleared up the next turn, unless they got a pretty good negate.

My suggestion is still to make it so the (1) effect and the (2) effect can't be used both on the same turn, nothing else, really.

1 effect that turn and only once that turn will kill it way to hard I would rather have cost on the 2nd effect If I had to chose and make it attach only 1 card and limit it to the End Phase only it still slows down the card.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

1 effect that turn and only once that turn will kill it way to hard I would rather have cost on the 2nd effect If I had to chose and make it attach only 1 card and limit it to the End Phase only it still slows down the card.

I don't think "and only once that turn" was part of the suggestion. It would be "you can only use 1 effect of this card"

7 hours ago, Redro said:

Of Corse and I fixed the 2nd effect if that effect is way too OP then I slowed it down by limiting it to attach 1 and only during its user's turn. And thank you for kinda taking my side on this approach I'm still experimenting on how I nuef my cards without completely hard restricting them.

1 minute ago, Loleo said:

I don't think "and only once that turn" was part of the suggestion. It would be "you can only use 1 effect of this card"

I still think it would hurt the card can you come up with a cost for the 2nd effect then?

I don't think it will hurt the card's that much, since it effectively means it remains inactive every other turn. On the flip side, if it could only recover materials <Or> banish [up to] thrice on the same turn, you could pretty much allow it to recover 2 materials whenever, like it was on the very first effect.

It might sound like much, but that way it is effectively always live, and it gives the opponent a breathing window if they don't have a way to get rid of it after it was first Summoned. And even if you don't have access to its banishes, that thing is still a 3300 body that can run over pretty much anything unboosted, so I doubt you would suffer that much anyway.