Fairy Tail

I actually loved the chapter...well I hated it...but not the actual chapter, I hate what happened, but thought that the execution was nicely done. Let me explain.

Ultear decides to sacrifice her life, or we assume so, in order to pull back the clock. She uses this forbidden spell, in hopes that her last act can make up for all her past sins. But, she sees that her life is only worth a minute. So we have to assume that the last thing she will ever think, is that her life is not even worth that of another, which is why the time magic only put her back a minute. While in truth, her life was worth many, saving a number of people from falling battle and it was because of the number of lives she saved why the time magic only worked for one minute. So in truth her life was worth the lives of many, but she is unaware of this and will die thinking that her life was worthless. Am I making any sense? The reason that I hated it, is because the idea of someone dying with that being their last thought is so sad, and it inspired emotion within me. So that is why I love/hate the chapter. 

Seems like Mashima basically looked at the Invasion of Pain arc and tried to think of his own way to do something like that, but not do exactly that.

No clue how rewinding time somehow made it so that the minute that transpired became a simple vision, but whatever.

I honestly like this A LOT more than the Pain arc. There it felt anti-climactic. Here it felt set up. Again, I saw this coming last chapter and knew because Ultear had time magic should would likely use it to sacrifice herself to save Grey. 

As for how they knew what was going to happen, it works imo. It might be because I've seen that kind of thing done before, but it felt like because something did technically happen that people would have a sense for it should time go backwards. Its hard to explain, but yea, I thought that worked.

I hate to say it, but with any luck, FT will be ending soon. 

While I'm not 100% on this, I think its still pretty popular in Japan. Sure, Hiro can end it while it still is popular, but I think atm it will likely stay around for another 200 chapters or so.

And yet we still have yet to see Tartaros. I forget, is this supposed to be the Dragon King's Feast?

Well, side from them what else don't we know anything about. I think its just what happened on 777. And yes, it is. 

6 chapters in 2 weeks is insane. How the hell did he get to pull that off?

AND with color pages in each one.

I don't think FT is ending yet since they still need to face off with Zeref and Acnologia, but I'm positive the final arc's about to start.

That chapter was a little too abrupt, but I want this arc to end already anyways, so whatever.

6 chapters in 2 weeks is insane. How the hell did he get to pull that off?

AND with color pages in each one.

I don't think FT is ending yet since they still need to face off with Zeref and Acnologia, but I'm positive the final arc's about to start.

That chapter was a little too abrupt, but I want this arc to end already anyways, so whatever.

In general the last few chapters just felt really forced. At least it seems that all the damage that happened from the dragons isn't going to go away, even if that doesn't make any sense. 

Think Cell Saga from DBZ to explain how the effects of time takes place.

In DBZ it was clear that Trunks created a new time line. He is from one and the main story is from another. My problem with this is how does the damage from the dragons stay if the dragons never came. The whole different time lines logic doesn't work here imo.

Because that would create a time paradox where, if the destruction caused by the dragons never happened, then technically the Gate wouldn't have been destroyed either, and if that wasn't destroyed, then the dragons would be able to come to this time, and if they didn't come to this time, Natsu wouldn't have been able to crash one into the Gate, so the Gate wouldn't have been destroyed, and if the Gate wasn't destroyed, then the dragons would be able to come to this time.

recursion.jpg

NATSU-KUN, DENWAAAAAAAA.