Fairy Tail

No, I think Fairy Tail's about to enter its final arc ala Naruto and Bleach. 

There'll be a big thing with Zeref, then Natsu will find Dragneel, then all will be swell.

[spoiler=Today's chapters]

Damn, that double-spread of the castle's interior was really well drawn. Good job on that one Mashima.

The art really stood out to me this time overall, especially with those color covers. 

As for the content, Natsu being the king was lulzy, Ultear's passing was pretty sad, and the refurbishing of the Fairy Tail guild was awesome.

Basically we got lots of feels and it all looked good while doing it. Good stuff.

And I'm also interested in the fact that the manga's finally started addressing the relationship between Gray and Juvia rather than it being a gimmick.

Looking forward to what's coming up.

His name is Igneel.

[spoiler=Thoughts]ABOUT DAMN TIME THEY MENTION TARTAROS.

I didn't like that they didn't even attempt to follow up on Natus stealing the king's crown. In fact, I think it says quite a lot that I was enjoying the chapter until Natsu showed up. Probably because I expected Natsu to lead to silly stuff, while some of the actual character development was interesting. I'm glad that Yukino is getting loved by everyone, but I still hate that we're supposed to feel bad for Sting. Even those other guys rom Sabretooth are supposed to be good now. I know Minerva and her dead were terrible, but come on, we're supposed to root for everyone who isn't Rogue and Frosch because those two are gone now? What a load.

Poor Ultear. I wish Gray got the chance to talk with her one last time.

I gotta say that the resolution with Ultear was great, and totally made the chapter(s) for me. Those of you who read my earlier rant should know why. Overall, I thought these last three chapters were nice. Much better than what has become the norm for Fairy Tail. Did anyone else mistake Zeref for Sasuke for a moment when they gave a close up of his eyes and what not? Come on Fairy Tail, finish strong!

Agree that these were better than a lot of the recent chapters. Hiro is a great artist (if you look at what he posts on twittery you'll see it), just he draws WAY to much fan service. At least he kept it to the covers.

The final bit of the 3 chapters was really interesting. I'd say we have about 2 more big arcs left, so the series won't be over until it hits at least 500 chapters.

Edited by Flame Dragon

And Tartaros will be hyped up as the strongest Guild, have a group of top-ranking members collectively referred to by some special name, but they're not important right now because we need to watch a low-ranking member kick the ass of one of the Dragon Slayers (Admittedly, I will cheer if that means I get to see Sting tossed around like a rag doll), before the counterattack happens where everyone starts beating up Tartaros easily, culminating in Natsu getting a new power-up to defeat the arc villain. And then plot happens.

Oh, and I forgot about Acnologia. Like I said, Tartaros probably worships him.

How is it a sequel? I can only assume they mean like how they did it in Naruto, but they stopped mid arc. What the hell.

Anyway

http://readms.com/read/fairy_tail/341/1982/1

http://readms.com/read/fairy_tail/342/1983/1

My first words when seeing the new chapters "O god damn it Hiro"

Ok, seriously, Hiro is beating us over the head with breasts. O lord.

Edited by Flame Dragon

He isn't even trying to be clever with covering the naughty bits, he's just not drawing them.

I think everyone was expecting Warlot to be silly in spite of how powerful he's supposed to be. Not like we get enough of that from Bleach. I liked that he was a founder of Fairy Tail, and it was cool seeing a younger Purehito.

Rather surprised that he's bringing back the Moon Drip. Wonder if he's trying to increase the focus on Grey, considering what happened to Ultear.

Of course Minerva. And of course he introduces a Dark Guild that is not Tartaros, even though they were not being very subtle when talking about the underworld. At the very least, can Succubus Eye please work directly for Tartaros? She's a newbie in Succubus Eye, so if Mashima really wants her to be a recurring antagonist, I hope she works her way into the upper ranks of Tartaros.

Edited by Phantom Roxas

I just don't see how Minerva can be intimidating. Erza already beat her. And that was when he had a screwed up leg and already took down a power house.

Still, this arc seems like its going to be setting up a bunch of stuff so I can't wait to see what happens. Also like how they are bringing back a bunch of stuff from the past.

I despise how Hiro ended the dragon war. All the hype of Cobra returning and he did NOTHING. Laxus and Wendy were gonna team up too, would have been amazing. But no, he had to rush it.

Agreed. He ran through that final battle WAY to fast.

Maybe he rushed the finale so that the rest of the arc could be animated.

I think it was more so he saw how much it had dragged and just wanted it to end. Shame since side from the characters themselves we didn't see anything of note of the dragons. Well, side from the one making Lucy lose all her clothes but.........yea. 

I hate these treasure hunters.

Yep pretty much. Then again, I have hated every character that favors a specific word like two of them do. I am ready to kill the 'super' and 'duuun' guy. The sniper guy, Drake or was it Draco, is okay with me. But their overall idea isn't very appealing.

And what is with this new guy's magic? Able to make them kids again? I am smelling something fishy.