ALD - YCM Revolutionary Artists (accepting people)

Sleepy

[quote name='Fuzzie' timestamp='1294263251' post='4913977']
The day you posted that sleepy was my first day back. X_X

Anyways, I got the chord for my printer, but now I have to install the software, which...broke... X_X
[/quote]

Lol I think I am no stalker ^-^ (not while I'm conscious at least)xD

Saikano. For me its the end of [b]Winter[/b] vacations =D

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Fuzzie' timestamp='1294457441' post='4919174']
Yeah, we live in a different place. I still don't understand how it can be different seasons in different places. XD
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/sfyrv9.jpg[/IMG]

A brief explanation.
In the same way turning a face of the planet away from the sun generates a decrease in temperature and light for a short period of time, creating day and night,
over the year period (thanks to the inclination of the Earth), a part of the planet(either north or south) is facing away from the sun during a somewhat extended period of time (winter). Not receiving the rays of the sun as directly as the other section.
When the Earth travels to the "back of the sun" (half a year later in the Earth's rotation), that tilted position of the earth keeps pointing in the same direction, and being in the other side, not the other hemisphere is hit by the rays. (The north pole's candy cane pointer is facing the same way)

The part of the Earth that is getting the most [b]Direct[/b] rays, is in [b]Summer[/b] at that time.
The part of the Earth that is getting the most [b]Indirect[/b] rays, is in [b]Winter[/b] at that time.
The parts in between (not as cold or warm) are [b]Autumn[/b] and [b]Spring[/b].

---------------------------------------

Thanks to the fact that the Earth is a Sphere, and following the "Direct rays in some spots per season" thing I just said. The middle line of the pic of that planet I drew takes half and half [b]day and night[/b] in a pretty balanced manner.
Although the more you get close to the North or the South, the one that is currently [b]Summer[/b] will be tilted towards the sun. Very rarely being able to not-face-it. Making a 6 month-day. The other pole in the same way, will have a 6 months long night.
The rest of the world in between the a pole and the middle line will just be the gradual change. And that is why nights are longer on Winter and days are longer on Summer.
BTW, Santa Claus's stroll night (I mean 24th December) is the longest night of the year ^-^

The axis of the Earth is also not always in exactly the same direction, but it also spins in a circle, but that cycle takes about 26000 years to complete (if I remember correctly) so it shouldn't matter to us =P (I have gone out of topic of my initial explanation anyways so, lets just say that's another story)

I haven't played my PS2 legitly in a long time. I broke it out once or twice the last few months, but just because my little brother wanted to play it.

Anyways, I'm taking a trip to DC Saturday, so I'll be gone from then until Tuesday. Not like this place needs to be watched over anyways. Not many come here any more. Just us ALD veterans.

EDIT: Just a coversation starter here...

So I and currently being a slave driver to my CD Drvie and making it burn seven of my music CDs that I never put on my computer so I can transfer them to my MP3 for my trip.

If you want to know, the CDs include:

Kingdom Hearts Soundtrack
Kingdom Hearts 2 Soundtrack
Titanic Soundtrack
A few '80s/'90s CDs
A Kelly Clarkson CD

So as a conversation starter...anyone want to talk about their favorite CD? Or am I stuck in the last century? Does anyone even buy physical CDs anymore? Discuss.

WE NEED A NEW GIMMICK!!! LOL

Anyway, how are you guys doing?
CD's? I don't buy music CD's anymore unless they're things I want to collect.
Good Example on the KH Sountracks, Fuzz. I like DVDs and Blu-ray.
But I only rent them. Which puts me to a topic that few gamers can relate to...

Do you remember Monster Rancher? On the PSX? How many CDs did you test out? XDXDXDXD

Archived