ALD - YCM Revolutionary Artists (accepting people)

Sleepy

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I'll just post this unfinished thingy just to keep this active...
[spoiler=Behold... whatever it is...][IMG]http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo285/Envoy_of_Infinity/10-10-09_2030copy.png[/IMG][/spoiler]

I've been considering advertising this thread again in my sig. I know last time I did it, it led to fights with people from outside the club, but now most of our members are inactive, so we should be less delicate with who can join and who cannot. We need some people to keep this thread alive in case the older members want to return...

[quote name='Cōyōté Stárrk' timestamp='1296318025' post='4971320']
No, no. I mean Kongou's drawing club. It's on the first page.
[/quote]

hmmm... haven't heard of it. Then again, haven't been here very often....
*goes to check*

sigh...
damn, we are two years older than them but they are having so much more success >.<"

Somehow feel irritated by that post Dx
Its like saying that we are the noobs that didn't check for an already existing club when we have been around since November 2008 (check link for previous thread at first post)
in any case, no grudge to your or anything....

--------------------------------------------

To tell the truth, its been long since I gave up on the idea of trying to get new members here, or trying to get back the former members, or even having some of the current [size=3]"[/size]members[size=3]"[/size] to come visit once in a while.
Good thing we have been self-sufficient so far.

EDIT:
@Saikano:
that sounds like a good plan actually. I'm pretty much bored with my current sig already anyways.
Should each of us make a different advertisement sig, or should we be uniform? =0

EDIT 2:
I did updates to the first post. They are not very big and notorious ones but look up for details.
Fuzzie, I deleted that monthly rule you wanted me to delete. I actually was going to do it sooner to experiment but haven't been keeping track of things lately. School absorbs my time.

So there's something I've been considering for awhile now, and I think it's time I bring it to the table. I'm just not sure how.

I know the fact that the ALD is no longer thriving is very depressing, and we ARE hanging in there, but...I think that we should rename this the "ALD Veteran's Club" or the "Veterans of the Arcane Legion of the Divine," the ALDV or VALD. The days of the ALD's involvment on YCM is over. We've spread to DA, youtube, and more. Everything is far more laid back than it was once before.

I know you are probably agianst saying that the ALD's time is over, but...we don't have to be done yet. We can still post here and pretty much do everything we originally aimed on doing, but at a more laid back pace, and in a friendlier and less depressed and hopeless environment.

You don't have to answer right now, so think about it. Please.

[quote name='Fuzzie' timestamp='1296524617' post='4977909']
So there's something I've been considering for awhile now, and I think it's time I bring it to the table. I'm just not sure how.

I know the fact that the ALD is no longer thriving is very depressing, and we ARE hanging in there, but...I think that we should rename this the "ALD Veteran's Club" or the "Veterans of the Arcane Legion of the Divine," the ALDV or VALD. The days of the ALD's involvment on YCM is over. We've spread to DA, youtube, and more. Everything is far more laid back than it was once before.

I know you are probably agianst saying that the ALD's time is over, but...we don't have to be done yet. We can still post here and pretty much do everything we originally aimed on doing, but at a more laid back pace, and in a friendlier and less depressed and hopeless environment.

You don't have to answer right now, so think about it. Please.
[/quote]

I think I like how the club name is (abbreviated... when its complete, I feel weird reading the word "divine" xD )
I think we should follow Saikano's idea ^-^

ok I probably DID sound kind of depressing at some point of my previous comment, but I did not mean it like that.. =/
I haven't had the time to do anything... school keeps me 1000% busier than before >.<"

*REMINDER:
Fuzzie's "activity" is still up written in the first post (you know... the one were we made a yugioh card in our style... in case anyone forgot about it)
Not that we don't already draw things in our style every time we draw something but..........

[u]Anyways[/u] (I just noticed I like using that word a lot), I want to start a discussion about activities in this club...
Not to offend but, the current one... our anniversary project was very similar so, its like we already, kind, did it...
Shall we post a new one? any ideas/suggestions? (NOTE: we don't have to erase the current one to create another)

I... guess we can have the "sig" project for advertisement regarded as an official club activity and posted in the first post. ^-^

Sleepy, you pretty much just disregarded everything that I just said. And people being busy is exactly the problem.

I will keep an active watch of the activity here throughout February, March, and April, and whether we should change.

I know that this may seems like giving up the ALD, but we wouldn't be. We could still do anything we wanted to. Please, I want more feedback on the idea. And by feedback, I mean adressing it directly. If you would rather pm me your position on the matter, then feel free.

-----

Anyways, please remember to register on http://yugiohald.createmybb3.com/index.php if you have not yet.

It will be depressing if we just try to stick to the old glory and extend it until nothing is left.
I say looking for new members is a good idea. Maybe allowing more members in this thread and keeping the ALD forum for us the older ones (because I don't think someone else will join...)

I'll add a banner with a link to this thread until we decide...

[quote name='Saikano' timestamp='1296582617' post='4978926']
It will be depressing if we just try to stick to the old glory and extend it until nothing is left.
I say looking for new members is a good idea. Maybe allowing more members in this thread and keeping the ALD forum for us the older ones (because I don't think someone else will join...)

I'll add a banner with a link to this thread until we decide...
[/quote]

lol that is correct. That forum only has about 5 members, and all non-mods in there never got to write a comment in the site. I haven't checked that place in a while myself... I'll check on either sunday or friday... or actually draw something scannable for people to see. Maybe not the manga, maybe not the adverticement, but maybe just... something.

I know I'm not putting up a good example. Actually, I'm most likely the worst example in here about the thing I'm about to suggest, but I think we should start posting drawings more often. Just to put the mood in here.
I have the feeling that if we DO attract new possible members, they will do the same as the last 2 "new members", which just posted that they wanted to join but never ever commented again. Due to the lack of movement we currently have.
It doesn't matter if the images are incomplete, unfinished, in bad condition, or even if we have already seen them in past years.
The above is not the only reason, but I also would like to expand our gallery a little more, but posting stuff here is pretty much the only sign that I have permission to copy/paste someone else's work into the club's first post's gallery.

@Fuzzie:

I honestly don't think that a name change would do much here. If anyone gets a drepressive attack and starts being negative, that would happen either way. If that doesn't happen, it means we conquered our club's past xD
Also, veteran sounds old to me. Lets keep it fresh. If we add "Veterans" to the name, we are effectively closing the doors because all the members are supposed to be "veterans". Leaving name as is, we have an uncertain future, which is better in my opinion.

I would love to speak a little more with you guys but at the time of writting this long comment, I am supposed to be writting a 1 page paragraph describing a quality of a classmate in my English class. In addition to a 3 page descriptive essay. Also, studying for a math test the day after tomorrow, preparing what is needed for a Biology lab tomorrow, and revising my Biology (lecture) test from yesterday. Not to mention I need to still finish 3 more yugioh mat drawing commisions that have already been paid since last semester.

Okay. If you guys are willing to push forward with our vaious projects and be somewhat involved in the club's contests, then I am willing to continue the ALD as is.

FYI sleepy, I feel obligated to tell you that writting is not a word. It is writing. ;)

I've been doing nothing lately, as I had the day off today and I already have tomorrow off due to weather here. We are said to prepare for a blizzard, and after trudging through a sea of snow banks around my house, I believe there is a strong possibility of a blizzard.

Hey everyone, I'm back :)

Anyway I couldn't help but notice you are bored Fuzzball, missed you by the way. I have a project for you if you are interested. You see GaijinManga is doing a gaming section on the site for later this year. Sense you are a idea guy I thought you could help us with ideas, concepts, game mechanics and play. What do you think?
So far we want to do a tower defense game based on Bloodstained. We also have ideas for a fighting game and a card game.

Also can I join your club @_@?

[quote name='Fog38' timestamp='1296697162' post='4983751']

Anyway I couldn't help but notice you are bored Fuzzball, missed you by the way. I have a project for you if you are interested. You see GaijinManga is doing a gaming section on the site for later this year. Sense you are a idea guy I thought you could help us with ideas, concepts, game mechanics and play. What do you think?
So far we want to do a tower defense game based on Bloodstained. We also have ideas for a fighting game and a card game.

[/quote]

By the time you read this message, your name will already be in the member list. I doubt Fuzzie would say no xD

[quote name='Fog38' timestamp='1296697162' post='4983751']

[/quote]

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

*flips out*

I haven't talked to you in forever! Yesh, I'd be willing to help any way I can.

[quote name='Fog38' timestamp='1296756863' post='4984933']
yay.

Hey Sleepyhead, haven't talked to you in a long time. Your are still looks amazing. What have you been up to?
[/quote]

I've been mainly fixing my time management problems and restlessly working on school work. Not really much that is worth talking has happened to me lately ^-^
Good to see you again =D

I need to schrink my elephant sig somehow... I think it might be longer than the screen in sertain computers Dx
I'm amazed how it manages to evade mod warnings... maybe because I haven't been moving around the forum that much for they to notice xD

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBALL!

lol it's awesome to see you also, been forevea.

Yeah if you want to help that would be awesome. :) What we need right now is the concepts and how the game would work. So like mapping out the levels and stuff.

Sleepy: lol Sleepy, fugitive from the mods. XD

[quote name='Fog38' timestamp='1296852645' post='4987454']
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBALL!

lol it's awesome to see you also, been forevea.

Yeah if you want to help that would be awesome. :) What we need right now is the concepts and how the game would work. So like mapping out the levels and stuff.

Sleepy: lol Sleepy, fugitive from the mods. XD
[/quote]

My basic idea is that the "turrets" that attack the enemy/defend the towerare the charaters. It starts off with only Rain, but when you rack up enough points you can "summon" her friends such as Naru to help her (as Naru seems to know some basic spells).

Archived