YCLoveMaker Hotel: We Love You All to Death~!

I thought it was, but he doesn't post often enough that I could be 100% certain.

Still sort of was.

Didn't I do that in one of our matches?

Lora did. It was random and dumb but it was surprising.

D*mn it . . . . i should've rigged it to explode or something.

That's not really your thing.

I also like earth. I like all the elements really, since there's just so much you can do with even just the one.

I don'rt really care for indecisive people.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a matter of being indecisive, it's a matter of just not limiting yourself to one option. It just feels so stagnant to operate on one set all the time; well, at least for me it does.

In terms of you I'm more or less joking around since you at least seem to have some of the competency required to expand a bit in your arsenal although at points you do overdo it by a fair bit.

To me though, I guess I prefer the idea of a less grand theme and then expanding upon it rather than just skipping to something like mastery of all 36 elements, transforming into ponies, summoning flesh golems, and being a clown or anything else that just sounded sort of cool at the time..

Fine Desu. Though I don't know of any Earth master that will train me...

Jesus Christ, be your own man. Train in the mountains or some sh*t.

Oh no, not summoning. I've just been making battling Flesh Golems since, well, it's fun. I've been battle testing them and so far only 3 of the 7 have seen the light of battle. 

I sort of want to fight one sometime.

Do any of you think that I'd make a good RP fighter someday?

No, not really. That wasn't hard. Turns out Broken's a lightweight.

Come on, Desu. Don't tell me you've never wanted a mentor in order to gain valuable knowledge.

I really haven't. Never felt I needed one.

I'm not going to answer your question Striker.

Maybe Desu. I didn't make them to be overly powerful, but enough to be a decent challenge at least.

That's probably good because all things considered I'm still probably the most underpowered here.

Do any of you think that I'd make a good RP fighter someday?

This is a bit of a tricky question because it depends on a few things.

We could write a whole novel over what the definition of good is but I wouldn't want to attempt that here. But if by good you mean someone who can enjoy the fight they're in while following all of the rules of an RP then it's nothing horribly difficult. The tricky part is just the nature of RPing.

RPs tend to either let the players control most everything or let the creator control a lot of things and give the RPers "turns" in a more D&D type of style. In the former case, likely what you're more used to, everything is pretty spontaneous until the creator comes in and directs the plot a little. So you post something for a fight, then your opponent responds and you really have no idea what the other person is going to pull. But it is safe to assume that both of you will want to win. This is where it gets easy to be "bad" at RP fighting. Because in the desire to win god-modding easily comes into play. And that can be as simple as dodging everything thrown at you to suddenly gaining new powers you never informed anyone about to win. Either way, not so good.

The latter case of a more controlled RP is much more simple. Usually the creator will ask that you and your opponent collaborate about the fight before actually doing it. So you plan it out and one of you posts it all out in one single post that contains the fight. In this case it's incredibly hard to be a bad RP fighter since you're more writing a story together than playing your character in a fight.

So long story boring, good tends to be a matter of following the rules and taking hits when it would be reasonable to.

So will you ever be a good RP fighter one day? Sure, I don't see it being beyond your capabilities to really focus and follow the rules and make a reasonable fight. Now opportunity is a whole other matter considering the activity of the RP forum here.

What rooms are not occupied? I want room 200. If not, 182.

Welcome!

Oh, and if, Striker, you want to fight, take me on. We can set up in the Roleplay section. Usually the best way to get better is to put your ability to use. 

Should I leave it as a one-on-one between you two, or can I join in?

Screw that! Fight here!

Yeah I don't think threads like that have been well received in the past. But that might also be due to very poor quality in the posting, posting OOC for it in IC and other such issues.

And Jake obviously only wants it here so he can intervene and fight everyone himself.

That is why I suggested another, but Jake wants activity and the way to do that is to promote people posting. It is rather stupid, though, since he knows what has happened in the past.

I'll risk it.

Yeah I don't think threads like that have been well received in the past. But that might also be due to very poor quality in the posting, posting OOC for it in IC and other such issues.

And Jake obviously only wants it here so he can intervene and fight everyone himself.

You be quiet Andx! OH! I've never fought you now that I think about it . . .

If no one wants to fight how about spit balling a role play idea?

If no one wants to fight how about spit balling a role play idea?

What like group planning an RP?

That could be exciting depending on the ideas that come up. So what you looking for here? I'd assume some sort of action oriented RP given the discussion.

Archived