YCLoveMaker Hotel: We Love You All to Death~!

What like group planning an RPThat could be exciting depending on the ideas that come up. So what you looking for here? I'd assume some sort of action oriented RP given the discussion.

More or less.

I've been trying to make this role play for a while and I just never have the time for it.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I would imagine. You've only been planning it for the better part of five-six years at least.

Well I have it planned out, the only thing I needed was the list of super powers. I had it, once, but when my computer crashed I lost all of the data. It's over 1000 words long so I did NOT want to go back immediately to do the list again. So I put it on the back burner . . . . where it sat . . . for way too long.

I've got the list now, but I'm waiting until "the right time" to make it public.

Also, if you do post the fight here, Blind will be on your ass so fast, you wouldn't even be left with taxi fare.

I don't even know what that means (O_e)

Oh, that's cool then. So what's this other idea on your mind then?

Well I've been thinking about this as far back as after I had finished the ideas for Struggle of Powers II. In fact around the time everyone started trying to think of a forum-wide role play I had the groundwork for this role play.

But let me stop beating around the bush and answer the d*mn question (XD)

Ahem!

*puts on music*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RVIgZRRlmk&list=PL7065726FE717C5DA&index=69

It is the dawning of a new age. A revolution is at hand which many are willing to accept. Inventions, technology unseen throughout Orai's history, has become a reality in a world which was once, according the myths and legend passed down over the centuries, solely dominated by the magical and the Gods.

In this world you must seek out your destiny. There are many paths from which you may choose, many classes, and many ranks which you can acquire throughout your journey.

Will you become a King and rule with an iron fist?

Will you become the mightiest in all of the world, second to not even the Gods themselves?

Or will you seek out the legends you have grown up with and seek to prove them true?

That is basically the tag-line for the entire series. It'll be called "Tales of Orai", Orai being the name of the world, and very much like Struggle of Powers (I & II), it will be an "open world" role play where each individual gets to make their own story with an overarching story that will lead to an ultimate conclusion.

Orai has been set up to be a world where magic does exist, though not to the extent it was, and high grade magic is completely impossible; this is the reason behind the advent of technological inventions. Yet the most advanced technology that exists within Orai is pure steam-powered. So late 1800s to early 1900s. There are six major countries in the mainland of Orai, with other countries on separate continents and even uncharted lands. Each country has it's own way of government as well as things like religion and so on . . .

I plan on giving each person who is interested in playing two choices:

1. You may either make a new character born in Orai
    This will give you an advantage of knowledge of the word the second choice would not give you, thus making moving throughout the world easier.

OR

2. You may use a character you have previously used in another role play, though tweaked to work within the role play
    While you may be stronger, sometimes, or have technology that might otherwise not exist you not only stand out but you cannot repair anything you "brought with you".

So what do you think Andx?

Well it's definitely true to your style. Large world that offers a lot of freedom in character creation which has a nice appeal to it. The idea of letting formerly used characters be incorporated sounds interesting as well.

Only issue I could see would be execution since you're trying to let everyone do their own thing while there is an overreaching plot. It would require knowing where you want the plot to go and how to cleverly tie people's paths together and such all back to that central point. By no means impossible just potentially difficult.

Well it's definitely true to your style. Large world that offers a lot of freedom in character creation which has a nice appeal to it. The idea of letting formerly used characters be incorporated sounds interesting as well.

Only issue I could see would be execution since you're trying to let everyone do their own thing while there is an overreaching plot. It would require knowing where you want the plot to go and how to cleverly tie people's paths together and such all back to that central point. By no means impossible just potentially difficult.

Well considering I've had this done in Struggle of Powers shows I've managed to accomplish it. Though I believe for this I will want more than one Co-Moderator.

I don't see why the idea of doing it here is even being discussed. We've always done it in Chatzy and it's worked out well for the most part (excluding all the clusterf*cks.)

I've been wanting to master all the elements like Broken, but considering the lack of opportunity to test the results, I don't see much of a point.

Isn't chatzy kind of redundant? I see a longer time period-based reply system, like a PM or Thread being a lot better, especially for beginners or people trying to get better. 

It works either way. The benefit of Chatzy is the practice of quick thinking and improvization skills. However, long-based RPs aren't time-dependant and doesn't require a certain amount of people to be on for a short time-span.

What I am basically saying is that the fight will be treated as spam and he will finally permalock the Hotel as it has been on its last warning for quite some time now.

Yeah I know what you mean. I just kind of wanted the nostalgic of having the fight be back in the Hotel again. We used to role play a lot in here and it was almost it's own living role play with absolutely no goal save for what we wanted at the moment.

We've always done it in Chatzy

Must . . . . not make . . . . Dae is . . . . a wh*re joke!!!!

(Oo)

F*CK!!! (XD)

Isn't chatzy kind of redundant? I see a longer time period-based reply system, like a PM or Thread being a lot better, especially for beginners or people trying to get better. 

Like Thar said Chatzy is more for the spontaneous role play fight, more akin to the type of fights we have, than a regular role play.

And sorry for disappearing everybody. I was finishing up some unpacking among other things the past few days.

OH SH*T! You disappeared!?

Hold on and let me call of the search party . . .

LOL just kidding (X3)

I guess I'll make a life update of my own: Just finished my second day at my new job, and I'm feeling right at home. Everyone's very laid-back, the boss is super nice, and there's a sushi bar across the street. 8-hour shifts have never felt so relaxing.

I guess I'll make a life update of my own: Just finished my second day at my new job, and I'm feeling right at home. Everyone's very laid-back, the boss is super nice, and there's a sushi bar across the street. 8-hour shifts have never felt so relaxing.

I've been at my job for so long I've actually seen my bosses come and go. I remain. Whenever someone asks if I ever leave I just stare at them with a blank face and say, "No. I am eternal, I will forever remain here."

Because in the inevitable day that he murders somebody with an umbrella sword and is given the death sentence he'll be easier to replace.

Also general incompetency.

Anyway, summer break started. Gonna work on getting a second job for the summer.

At the moment though I'm just waiting for my dad, his girlfriend, and her sons to leave so I can watch Oldboy.

And they haven't made you the boss because?

Well, I've been working at my other job for over two years now, and I haven't gotten a raise OR a promotion.Though that's mainly because I have no interest in becoming a customer service associate because F*CK customers.

You know what else is funny? After years of trying to apply for a stocking job, I still don't work back there despite my obvious interest. Thing is, even though they've needed more people to compensate for the workload, they hesitate to pull me back there because they don't wanna "take what little the front-end has." This was the same week that we hired like 5 new cashiers who get TWICE as many hours as me... each.

I'm hoping that my other job can hire me full-time as they've told me it's possible. When that happens, I'm quitting the grocery store business for good and moving on with my life.

And they haven't made you the boss because?

Because in the inevitable day that he murders somebody with an umbrella sword and is given the death sentence he'll be easier to replace.

Well ther is that . . .
But to be honest I really don't know why they haven't put me in a higher position. So I always answer is, "They're afraid of giving me any authority. "

Speaking of the umbrella sword, less than a week since I got it the thing broke.

Archived