RWBY

Episode 6 best moment: "Boop" *pokes*

Yes.

If I remember correctly, Blake just used a sword in her trailer. But in this episode, she used this "sickle whip".

The weapon transforms. The transition is very fast though, the sickle form is the pistol form while the sword form is the default.

Since none of them displayed the use of pure aura use, I'm guessing Lie Ren would be the best at pure aura manipulation. He seemed to be using actual martial arts stances, too.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nopenopenopenopenopenopenope. No matter how funny, I can't become attached to Jaune.

I know nothing good will come in the future.

How can you not love Vomit Boy?

oet8s.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion

Here you go. I thought you both could use this.

God damn, is there ANYTHING about this show that you don't consider pure sh*t? Hearing you make comments about it is just plain depressing.

I think it's because he just had completely different expectations for what Weiss the show would be like and he's finding it really difficult to adjust to what it is. Maybe we just had the advantage of already expecting the show to be like this since we knew how RT and these guys are. Although, to be fair, he mostly just sh*ts on Weiss because she isn't shy and cold and super fast and wait, really?

I may have been disappointed with Weiss, yes, but that's because she's a horrible stereotype. As for what I think about the rest of the show, Jaune is awkward in an unfunny way, the framerate on this episode was noticeably worse than any other episode (Although that could be Crunchyroll's fault), Nora slurping the pancake in an earlier episode was like "I'll take a pancake, and eat it!", Yang's "Don't touch the hair" thing isn't all that interesting, and there was an overuse of outlines in the previous episodes while Ren was battling the snake. The list goes on.

I'll name a couple examples of who Jaune faintly makes me think of: Ron Weasley, Grover Underwood, and Armin Arlert. Now, Armin is the most badass of the three, but what I'm getting at is that I think Jaune is meant to evoke the role that such a character plays in a main trio. You got the hero, you got the girl, and you got the awkward best friend. Jaune, however, is nowhere near as endearing as the other three, and that's just symptomatic of this show's main problem. It feels like Rooster Teeth watched a number of shonen anime like Soul Eater and thought "I can do that too!", made character archetypes that seem to be popular, and got a story with characters with personalities that feel like the most extreme versions of the cast of My Little Pony.

But back to Weiss, when she said "I'm not perfect!", I felt a moment of sympathy, thinking that maybe she didn't think so highly of herself, but then she immediately adds on "At least, not yet", and I wanted to strangle her, because to me she's showing that she is determined to wipe out her own redeeming qualities.

I may have been disappointed with Weiss, yes, but that's because she's a horrible stereotype.

Define "horrible." Stereotypes can be subjective too, you know.

As for what I think about the rest of the show, Jaune is awkward in an unfunny way,

Again, subjective. While your opinion stands against Jaune, other people love him for that same reason. It sounds like you're trying to justify it as an overall standard of what NOT to find funny or adorable. Either that, or you just can't accept the fact that he's likable in his own way.

the framerate on this episode was noticeably worse than any other episode (Although that could be Crunchyroll's fault),

As Shradow said, the RT site shows it in MUCH better quality. Heck, do you stream Crunchyroll on your computer? Cause when I do, HD can't play for sh*t. I usually only watch shows from there on my PS3 or my phone.

Nora slurping the pancake in an earlier episode was like "I'll take a pancake, and eat it!",

Well YEAH, I mean, she indeed EATS THE PANCAKE. As for the "slurping" part... why should it be a moment of shun? It's supposed to be anime-esque, and while being hyperbolic in its style of people doing stuff, this is new for them to actually execute with proper balance of what's realistic and what's anime.

Yang's "Don't touch the hair" thing isn't all that interesting, 

I guess I can agree on that, but still, it was exciting for some if not most people.

and there was an overuse of outlines in the previous episodes while Ren was battling the snake. The list goes on.

"Phantom's list of nitpicks for why RWBY is stupid and people are stupid for enjoying it"

It feels like Rooster Teeth watched a number of shonen anime like Soul Eater and thought "I can do that too!",

Or, you know, they just wanted to compensate the writing for the budgeted animation. I see no reason to bash them for it.

made character archetypes that seem to be popular, and got a story with characters with personalities that feel like the most extreme versions of the cast of My Little Pony.

You're wrong, there. The MLP cast has much more defined personalities and roles than RWBY, let alone more fleshed out.

But back to Weiss, when she said "I'm not perfect!", I felt a moment of sympathy, thinking that maybe she didn't think so highly of herself, but then she immediately adds on "At least, not yet", and I wanted to strangle her, because to me she's showing that she is determined to wipe out her own redeeming qualities.

As much as I hate to argue, I really can't stand this kind of nitpicky attitude towards every recurring element that other people enjoy in contrast to you. It just makes you look like you're trying to make us feel stupid for liking it, which I don't appreciate. At all.

Eh, I'll admit to talking to people that have influenced by attitude towards it. It's just weird talking with people who universally hate Jaune and then going to people who like him. With Weiss, though, I just don't like "rich jabroni" characters, so Weiss came across as just another example.

With the slurping of the pancake, that was in regards to the animation. However, if you think I'm being nitpicky about the animation, look at this.

The frame quality only dropped for two scenes, so I'll see if it looks better on the Rooster Teeth site.

I wasn't insulting the characters of MLP, because I'm aware of how developed they are. I'm referring to taking choice bits of those characters and making them the sole characteristics of the characters in RWBY. For example, I've only seen the first three episodes of MLP, but I was prepared to hate Rarity. Surprising, I found myself liking her, and if we're supposed to have characters who insist on acting all proper, I wouldn't mind if they were a bit like Rarity. Weiss didn't have the sense of likability Rarity had.

Anyway, if you like it, fine. Just at least acknowledge it was flaws.

You know what I wanna know? I wanna know what was sooo special in Jaune's transcript that allowed him enter a school far above his level. Glynda mentioned it, so I hope it'll be explained pretty soon. His inexperience isn't just comic relief, it's also unnatural since there'd be no ordinarily logical way for a guy like him to get into a school like that, so I wonder what - just what - made him accepted. Is there some kind of skill of his that none of us know about yet, or something?

Oh, and I'm still waiting for Weiss's characterization that Monty Oum keeps mentioning. I mean, there are elements here and there, what with her self-assurance when she was about to face the monsters in combat and her growing sense of fear when Ruby disappeared, but nothing obvious yet, nothing to suggest that she's being rebellious against her family yet. I wonder when anybody will notice the scar over her right eye.

But anyway, apparently the first season of RWBY is going to last sixteen episodes.

Archived