RWBY

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I was being nice to the show. Don't make me talk about Nora, or else my generosity will be undone.

Actually, you not liking the show seems like the ideal character for this thread now. Not everyone has to like a certain character, so it's the perfect balance.

Well, that was awesome.

Lots of funny moments (particularly with Jaune falling into Ruby and then Weiss, besides Nora being Nora), awesome choreography (Nora surprised me with catapulting Jaune and for everything else she did), and great teamwork. Launching Ruby as a missile and her using the momentum to drag the Giant Nevermore up the mountain was badass.

I wouldn't have made Ruby the leader, but whatever. Awesome episode.

Launching Ruby as a missile and her using the momentum to drag the Giant Nevermore up the mountain was badass.

All I thought when I saw that was, "EPIC DECAPITATION!!!"

I wouldn't have made Ruby the leader, but whatever.

Okay, who would you have made the leader?

Outside the obvious fact that, as the main character, Ruby was going to be the groups leader I think she is the best suited for the job. After all she was the one who came up with the plan to defeat the Giant Nevermore- no one else did.

I just remembered when I first saw the previews I had thought that it'd be like a twisted Grimm Fairy Tales where each of the main girls represented one of the fictional story characters. Like the stories were being retold in a different sense.

Ruby- Red Ridding Hood

Weiss- Snow White

Blake- ????

Yang- Goldy Locks

But instead I'm getting a monster hunter academy fighting an evil organization. (T_-)? Why didn't I notice this earlier

Easy answer..........you laughed at the first episode and completely forgot.

And it's good enough so far, to me, for someone's first attempt at making an animated series.

*nods*

Ruby- Red Ridding Hood

Weiss- Snow White

Blake- ????

Yang- Goldy Locks

Erm... Weiss as Snow White? Sorry, but that just makes no sense.

I'd say something like his:

Ruby - Red Riding Hood

Weiss - Kida Nedakh (Atlantis)

Blake - Belle (Beauty & the Beast)

Yang - Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)

Finally, a long, satisfying episode where stuff happens, great animation and battles occur, everyone gets to be a badass, and Weiss says something cool! But am I the only one who wasn't really impressed with Nora? I thought she was kinda generic and didn't really stand out much, but maybe that's just me.

And it's good enough so far, to me, for someone's first attempt at making an animated series.

You...don't have any idea who Monty Oum is, do you? And even then, this is Rooster Teeth's second series. First was Red vs Blue.

Okay, who would you have made the leader?

Outside the obvious fact that, as the main character, Ruby was going to be the groups leader I think she is the best suited for the job. After all she was the one who came up with the plan to defeat the Giant Nevermore- no one else did.

Mains aren't always the group leader though.

I was thinking Blake since she seems the most cool-headed, but then again we don't know that much about her.

Well, that was awesome.

Lots of funny moments (particularly with Jaune falling into Ruby and then Weiss, besides Nora being Nora), awesome choreography (Nora surprised me with catapulting Jaune and for everything else she did), and great teamwork. Launching Ruby as a missile and her using the momentum to drag the Giant Nevermore up the mountain was badass.

I wouldn't have made Ruby the leader, but whatever. Awesome episode.

I noticed.

Tumblr reblogged a tweet from RT explaining that.

You...don't have any idea who Monty Oum is, do you? And even then, this is Rooster Teeth's second series. First was Red vs Blue.

I do not. I do know of course know about Red vs Blue. However, that was more using the codes that were already made for Halo to make a funny series out of them. With RWBY they are completely making it from scratch.

That is why I call it their first animated series.

Mains aren't always the group leader though.

Example?

I was thinking Blake since she seems the most cool-headed, but then again we don't know that much about her.

Blake seems meh-ish to me but I think it's just because we don't know much about her.

Roxas, why do you hate RWBY?

OK, I'm gonna say this....so no one kill me for it!

We need guys in this show to counter-balance the ladies here. AND FOR THIS REASON ONLY!!

Cosplay...I mean, who wants to see like 5 Jaunes or 10 Adams and what not.

Blake seems meh-ish to me but I think it's just because we don't know much about her.

Which makes her awesome. She's mysterious and a flippin' ninja! xD

Plus, I'm sure Monty will be giving us episodes that give us character backstory later on.

We need guys in this show to counter-balance the ladies here. AND FOR THIS REASON ONLY!!

I agree. Which is actually surprising since I generally lean towards having more female characters than male characters. I'm pretty sure we've got our entire cast right here though . . .

Info on Weiss's family company, a lot about Blake, how Ruby's mother died, and how she and Yang became sisters probably.

Indeed. Also more information on how the Hell dust actually works would be welcomed (^^)b

Archived