RWBY

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But anyway, apparently the first season of RWBY is going to last sixteen episodes.

So it's five episodes long, got it.

Roxas, Weiss is a Tsundere. Give her some time. Besides, I done some reseach, and I actually feel sort of sorry for her.

Her being a tsundere does not help. Oh, and you did your research? So you had to look through supplemental materials to feel sorry for her, rather than just looking at what the show conveys to us? If they couldn't be bothered to include sympathy for her in the actual show, why should I feel sorry for her?

16 episodes, not 5. This would be too boring to count it as full length episodes anyway, because if it was full length episodes, it would be a lot more boring than it already is.

At least that's the way I feel, considering I only find it interesting at all anymore because I put it with the "comedic shorts" pile of stuff that may or may not actually be that funny.

If they could have improved on it by giving it more time to devolop with extra time or something, then maybe, but if it was basically the same only longer in total, or just these episodes squeezed together into 5, it doesn't sound as thrilling as even this is, imo. Which doesn't sound good. At all.

Her being a tsundere does not help. Oh, and you did your research? So you had to look through supplemental materials to feel sorry for her, rather than just looking at what the show conveys to us? If they couldn't be bothered to include sympathy for her in the actual show, why should I feel sorry for her?

Not every personality facet is revealed about a character starting off. Going by your counter, we're only about an episode and a bit in. I'll assume what he learned from his research will eventually be shown in the show. You just don't seem to want to give it time to do much of anything before criticizing it for what it hasn't done yet.

Anyways, when this thread stops being "Phantom Roxas taking the piss on RWBY", call me.

1. Monty said Weiss is rebelious.

2. She is the heiress to her family's company.

3. She sings about how lonely she is in her trailer.

4. She is at a school to become a Huntress, instead of training to manage her family company.

5. Her parents have questionable business partners and practices.

I can imagine she's rebelling because she isn't planning on taking over the company, and as a result, her family doesn't want anything to with her. She has no friends, as we can see. She's wanting to be perfect in a sense so she can do what she feels she needs to do to get people to actually care about her, and be her friend. She's lonely, because she has nobody. However, her family's reputation makes people leery of her. She's a Tsundere. Add this all together, Roxas.

Not every personality facet is revealed about a character starting off. Going by your counter, we're only about an episode and a bit in. I'll assume what he learned from his research will eventually be shown in the show. You just don't seem to want to give it time to do much of anything before criticizing it for what it hasn't done yet.

Anyways, when this thread stops being "Phantom Roxas taking the piss on RWBY", call me.

If they released episodes less frequently, which would allow them the time to make the episodes longer, than I wouldn't be so annoyed by the lack of things actually happening. However, in terms of length, I suppose it would be better to compare this show not to stuff like Soul Eater, but either an animated movie, an OVA series, or dare I say it, an abridged eeries.

I'll admit I chuckled at Yang saying "There's a girl in trouble!" That was a legitimately funny scene involving Jaune, although I guess that technically still counts as me not liking Jaune, since it was a joke that came at his expense.

1. Monty said Weiss is rebelious.

2. She is the heiress to her family's company.

3. She sings about how lonely she is in her trailer.

4. She is at a school to become a Huntress, instead of training to manage her family company.

5. Her parents have questionable business partners and practices.

I can imagine she's rebelling because she isn't planning on taking over the company, and as a result, her family doesn't want anything to with her. She has no friends, as we can see. She's wanting to be perfect in a sense so she can do what she feels she needs to do to get people to actually care about her, and be her friend. She's lonely, because she has nobody. However, her family's reputation makes people leery of her. She's a Tsundere. Add this all together, Roxas.

Just because Monty said it doesn't mean it's okay. Include it in the show, and I'll believe it. As for why she's at the school, wasn't it because she's supposed to be excelling at as many things as possible? If that's just a lie, then that could play into her character development, but right now we're all just making assumptions. I'm aware that she sings about her loneliness in the trailer, and my entire problem with her is that I have yet to see her character match with what we saw in that trailer. However, being reminded of the allegations against her family seemed like she was offended that someone would dare insult her parents, not that she didn't want to be reminded of what her family does. If she's tsundere, then not only is she hiding her nice side, but she's apparently done a damn good job of hiding her resentment towards her family, especially because, need I remind you, she was happy that Blake recognized her as the heiress. She clearly values her family connections, which would make no sense if she was as rebellious as Monty insists she is.

tl;dr:

1. Jaune is funny when he's being a punching bag.

2. Weiss' has, at best, many contradictory elements to her character.

3. Maya > Poser.

But anyway, apparently the first season of RWBY is going to last sixteen episodes.

Book One of RWBY is set to be at least ten episodes long. Not season one. Book Two has an undetermined amount of episodes, but will air after a mid season break after Book One.

Roxas, you get after Weiss for not being how she was in her trailer....

Ruby in the trailer: BAD-ASS.

Ruby in the show: Childish.

Blake seems a little bit more quiet and calm than in her trailer too. Yang is pretty much the same.

Further proving my bias about Weiss. However, I think Blake was pretty much the same, it's just that we haven't actually seen Adam in the show proper yet, so we don't know how she'd act when he shows up.

I'm not all that familiar with the actors, so do you think he would fit with what little we know of Crow?

Unless there's been more info given on him behind the scenes, the only things I know about Crow is that he's an uncle, meaning he's male, and that he's a teacher who can use a scythe.

Now that is what this show should be like. Great fight scene, and Weiss finally had the moment of niceness that I've been asking for. Jaune didn't annoy me nearly as much, mostly because Nora's antics were more prominent, and I also notice that Nora is supposed to be Thor. Finally, we actually got plot, thanks to the extended length of the episode.

Archived