Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Phantom Roxas

Who I would like to see that could actually appear:
Wreck-It Ralph ( unlikely, but would be interesting )

>makes a list of most likely characters to appear
>lists a character that they state is obviously not likely to appear

the contradictions

Also I'm pretty sure that Mewtwo will make a return in this to advertise X/Y, most probably with some kind of form change mechanic to be a neat character / show off his Awakened stuff. I'd love to see him come back honestly.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who heard something about Travis Touchdown a while back? I mean, if it happened it'd be pretty neat, I don't think No More Heroes was that obscure either.

I don't know about anyone from Nintendo, but I remember Goichi Suda who worked on No More Heroes said he wouldn't mind seeing Travis in a Smash Bros. game. Plus, he also worked on SSBB (credited as Suda51 in SSE's credits). Combined with the fact Travis Touchdown seems like he would fit perfectly into the Smash Bros. world, I could totally see him being added. And with Snake, there's already precedence for characters from M-rated games being in.

So yeah, Travis seems like a good choice.

Honestly, I find the classic Mega Man... at least, the least interesting, too. But for me the way that trailer showed him makes him look like he might just be one of my mains. Although recently I've been tempted to just go random many times. I don't actually believe it, but I might be getting a little tired of Brawl. So finally getting info on this feels like a semi-miracle. =D

Wreck-It Ralph ( unlikely, but would be interesting )

I could actually see this happening. He is featured in Sonic All Star Racing Transformed, but I am not sure if that hurts his chances or helps them, or is indifferent. But he seemed to make an impact as far as ratings and public opinion is concerned, I never saw the movie myself. But I could see it happening.

I think Mewtwo is wishful thinking. Not saying I don't want it, but I'll believe it when I see it. 

Also I'm pretty sure that Mewtwo will make a return in this to advertise X/Y, most probably with some kind of form change mechanic to be a neat character / show off his Awakened stuff. I'd love to see him come back honestly.

The Pokemon Roundtable seems to suggest they didn't want to put Newtwo in.

If sonic actually comes back, I hope he brings tails with him. that little guy needs more screen time.

I like the new characters, villager looks like a klepto, and the fit chick seems to be a (semi)yoga style combatant. megaman was hoped for since melee, and it's wonderful to see him show up to the series.

That trailer was sick.

Megaman coming to Smash Bros is sick.

The Villager looks sick to play.

Wii Fit Trainer is just hilarious, I love it. I'm definitely going to have fun trying her out.

Love the game's new look and focus on primary colors; it feels very Nintendo, if that makes sense.

I like how they seem to have reduxed Bowser a bit; I had trouble using him in Brawl and I'm hoping he'll be more streamlined for these games.

Stages look good, the fighting and characters look good, I'm very psyched.

The best part?

2014 release. I was expecting 2015 or something, so this is just awesome to hear.

As for changes, I hope they don't take out Lucario. He's one of my mains.

Instead of removing people, I say redux them. 

Seriously, Roy, Pichu and Dr. Mario were all only slightly different from their originals (removing Mewtwo was dumb even if he did suck, Lucario was similar, but different enough where he felt distinct) where at least Brawl clones had some more distinction.

Mewtwo should come back and be like Zelda/Shiek by being able to transform into his new form.

I just realized though.

We won't be able to use Gamecube controllers.

So I'm going to have to make a serious adjustment in playing this series...

One thing, the only similarities between Mewtwo and Lucario are their standard special and I think their falling speed, it's not like they had a ton of similarities going between them.

Also, used the Wiimote + Nunchuk since day one of Brawl. :3

The worst case scenario is not being able to use Pro Controllers and being forced to use Wiimotes.

Now, you may be thinking, why on earth would Nintendo do that?  Well, we couldn't use them with NSMBU. :/

Seeing as how we had FOUR options last time, and because it will sell Pro controllers, I don't see them not including the option.

It being on the 3DS just makes me go saxderfgnfbnhjgbgbh so much want. IDGAF about Wii U right now, so I'll be getting it for 3DS anyways, but seriously Portable Smash Bros is amazing.

I'm thinking with Mega his different weapons are just different moves, like Hard Knuckle is his heavy down air, Spark Shock is his Up Smash, and whatever, just to make it easy.

Also, the Yellow Devil at the End of the Trailer. Just a stage hazard, or possibly a Story mode boss?

The one thing I'm hoping for this is that ROB stays in. He and Kirby are my mains, and I'll probably use Mega here, and maybe the Pokemon representative, if I like which they choose. But really, ROB was my favorite character in Brawl, and I will be so sad if he's left out.

It being on the 3DS just makes me go saxderfgnfbnhjgbgbh so much want. IDGAF about Wii U right now, so I'll be getting it for 3DS anyways, but seriously Portable Smash Bros is amazing.

I'm thinking with Mega his different weapons are just different moves, like Hard Knuckle is his heavy down air, Spark Shock is his Up Smash, and whatever, just to make it easy.

Also, the Yellow Devil at the End of the Trailer. Just a stage hazard, or possibly a Story mode boss?

The one thing I'm hoping for this is that ROB stays in. He and Kirby are my mains, and I'll probably use Mega here, and maybe the Pokemon representative, if I like which they choose. But really, ROB was my favorite character in Brawl, and I will be so sad if he's left out.

I already know Pokemon Trainer is VERY likely not to make it. Or at the very least end up with 3 different pokemon so I know my main is gone. After him though are all characters I think are locks.

Also, REALLY want to see King K. Rool makes it. He might not be getting focus but having Bowser still DK's bananas in Brawl was just so......disappoint. 

I'm not saying I'D like Pokemon Trainer back, but maybe if he does they could call him Red. He IS Red, right?

Also, I have to say I agree with anyone that said we should get more/newer Fire Emblem characters, though we's be most likely to get Chrom if anything. I would definitely like to see Lucina in it, maybe making it possible to pick before a fight whether it be [spoiler=her]without the mask or as Marth[/spoiler]

Guys.

Joey should replace Pokémon Trainer.

Yes. It actually would be cool if he could be one of the characters from Pokemon. (not trying to sound sarcastic but implying I would prefer things like Mewtwo back and maybe a Pokemon or two from Gens V or V1)

The worst case scenario is not being able to use Pro Controllers and being forced to use Wiimotes.

Now, you may be thinking, why on earth would Nintendo do that?  Well, we couldn't use them with NSMBU. :/

Honestly, that's what I always used, even if only because I got far more used to it after not having a Gamecube controller for so long. It's not a problem and it's more than fine, but that's obviously only me. it just seems like there's no way there won't be options, though.

You had to use the Wii Remote for NSMBW too (I guess that's because of Propeller and such, though), and there were options for Brawl way before that, it's still looking like there clearly should be, even if less options than Brawl. 

Red doesn't talk, so I doubt it.

Neither does... well any of the characters in SSE-

Oh yeah, the trainer is supposed to give commands.

If that's the case, then wouldn't Red be like:

I wonder what move my trainer will make me use next?

"..."

*Pokemon fainted*

Every player character always has to at least tell their Pokemon what move to use, so it could work, but it's too far a stretch since I know they wouldn't want to give Red a voice.

Archived