Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Phantom Roxas

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pokemon Trainer was more FR/LG, though, which was quite different.

I know but the FR/LG male player is Red in HG/SS. And now I see the only flaw with saying SSBB Pokemon Trainer is Red. HG/SS wasn't out when SSBB was released.

Though, they could call him Red now if he comes back, since the guy in both SSBB and HG/SS was based on FR/LG. But since I see this now it's fine for him to be called Pokemon Trainer still, in a way.

Ask myself 2 years ago if I wanted Mega Man in and I would actually come up with like some 6 page response on how it's plausible and it should happen.

Ask me 3 days ago and I would have said "Ahaha no Mega Man is dead."

God damn Sakurai loves bringing back dead franchises.

Sakurai's a cool guy like that.

Nintendo's just full of cool guys, with 3 notable examples shown this year:

1)  They treated Megaman better than Capcom ever will.

2)  They resurrected the Bayonetta series when no other company would.

3)  I forgot the 3rd reason, and I will kick myself for forgetting it.

Also, I'm 103% expecting Ghirahim to be on the Wii U version and am half expecting Dillon from Rollin' Western to be on the 3DS version.

You know, I don't understand why people keep thinking that certain characters will get axed every time a Smash game comes out.

Aside from Mewtwo, all the Melee clones were pretty much exact clones as opposed to the semi-clones in Brawl. Pichu hurt itself every time it attacked and Dr. Mario was slower than normal Mario. Roy was awesome, but he was only ever in that one game, so  I can get him being axed if he'd never be used in Fire Emblem again.

Sakurai made changes for the clone characters to distinguish them, plus he stated that he did the balancing in Brawl, but this time around, he's incorporating his staff into helping him. So even though Falco and Ganondorf still felt like Fox and Falcon in Brawl, I believe there's a very good chance on them getting more unique movesets in this game.

So I'm being hopeful that semi-clones will get some better treatment and more of a unique feel rather than getting axed.

There's no reason to axe Lucario for Zoroark or the new Mewtwo or whoever else, there's no reason to axe Wolf just because he was a 2nd clone of Fox (and personally I felt they played very differently); Nintendo's great with expansion and innovating new concepts and I'm positive they will do it again for this game and give us great add-ons without having to cut people.

Besides, they have to know that clone characters are one of the biggest complaints about the franchise found online. Now that a whole team is doing the balancing rather than just Sakurai, I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be an issue this time around.

Ask myself 2 years ago if I wanted Mega Man in and I would actually come up with like some 6 page response on how it's plausible and it should happen.

Ask me 3 days ago and I would have said "Ahaha no Mega Man is dead."

God damn Sakurai loves bringing back dead franchises.

But Ice, they knew deep within Megaman Fans(even former ones), that we all wanted this.
Nintendo never gave up hope.
They knew they had to achieve such an amazing feet.

wcmwes.png

Changes I expect to Brawl's line up.

Red = Likely Out

Yellow = Chance of being Out

Green = In

Blue = Changed

I'd like the final game to have about 40 characters (not counting characters that can change between mutiple characters) with 15 of those being new.

ice climbers, falco, game and watch, jigglypuff, and sonic are probably going to stay. my reasoning for sonic is that sega can collect part of the cash for having him in, and as for the rest, they've been in for 2+ games already, getting rid of them when there's enough room on disc for everybody here and then some would be a waste of characters.

Hypothetically, if they DO change Yoshi, they would just make his Eggs more of a thing like Yoshi's island.
(Despite the fact I would rather they leave Yoshi untouched)

Also, basically Villager has become somewhat of a meme, just over how creepy he is:
3bc.gif
Personally, I find it funny as hell.

They'll never get rid of Jigglypuff, she's been around since the beginning.

I don't think thats a good reason to keep her. She made it in because she was really popular, but that has long since passed. When each franchise only gets at max 4/5 characters, she seems like a wasted slot. Only more so as we get more and more pokemon. Being pidegonedholed into keeping her around just because she was in the first one just seems wrong. 

ice climbers, falco, game and watch, jigglypuff, and sonic are probably going to stay. my reasoning for sonic is that sega can collect part of the cash for having him in, and as for the rest, they've been in for 2+ games already, getting rid of them when there's enough room on disc for everybody here and then some would be a waste of characters.

Wht Climbers and G&W? Climbers is a dead franchise and Nintendo has no plans to do anything with it. Add on them not being the most popular characters and I think they have a VERY real chance of being cut. G&W is in a similar boat. I already explained why I think Jigs should go. As for Falco, I think he is more likely to get a new move set than be cut, but even being cut isn't THAT likely.

Also, why would they change Yoshi anyways? Now that his Egg Throw helps with recovery, he's fine.

Yoshi has never really been that good. Even with Egg Throw now doing something for his recovery it is VERY marginal. Not to mention accross the 3 game he has always fallen short compaired to everyone else.

The main reason I've seen people give for Yoshi getting a new move set though, and one I'd agree with, is that unlike with Brawl's reveal almost every one of the starting 8 was shown in the trailer. That now begs the question, why was Yoshi left out. He is going to be in the game, being part of the orginal 8 counts the most for tenure imo, so not showing up is noticeable. 

Archived