Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Phantom Roxas

e33.jpg

I now demand that this game be called "Attack on Super Smash Bros." Yeah, these psychotic interpretations of Villager are hilarious.

For Toon Link, they could either update him to match with The Wind Waker HD, or swap him back out for Young Link. Alternatively, Young Link will be for the 3DS game, while Toon Link is on the Wii U version.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wht Climbers and G&W? Climbers is a dead franchise and Nintendo has no plans to do anything with it. Add on them not being the most popular characters and I think they have a VERY real chance of being cut. G&W is in a similar boat. I already explained why I think Jigs should go. As for Falco, I think he is more likely to get a new move set than be cut, but even being cut isn't THAT likely.

I remember it being said Ice Climbers were specifically because they were retro, so having no new games isn't a problem in that area. Is there any character you think is more popular than them that haven't had new games in quite that long while? Imo if it was so dead they wouldn't even bother re-releasing it, at least it's popular enough for that, they just don't seem to think making more games is something they can do with it.

EDIT: Right, they even chose them over Pit, which I think was mostly in Brawl because they had more plans for him, and the Ice Climbers stayed to represent that period.

I think Yoshi should be changed more too. Also, the most ironic thing is that the most trouble I've had using him was on Yoshi's Island (melee).

"Oh, you guys liked Xenoblade Chronicles? Here, have another game from Tetsuya Takahashi."

...Thanks for reminding me of that 3rd reason Phantom.  I really appreciate it.

Would Link get a whip in the new game?  Also, I still want Isaac or Felix in this game as a playable character.  Sakurai, if a Tales character doesn't make it in, please (for the love of god almighty) put in a Golden Sun character as a playable character.  Heck, I'd like to see both franchises represented.  Just imagine the battles they would wage.

I don't know how you figure they'd get rid of all the Pokemon that aren't Pikachu.

And Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff has to stay as well.

For Toon Link, they could update him to match with The Wind Waker HD

But Toon Link IS Wind Waker Link O,o
Although, I wouldn't be surprised if they rearranged his moveset a bit.

EDIT:
[spoiler=Found this just now]
waUskH8.jpg[/spoiler]

I find it weird how 2 days after Creepy Animal Crossing Villager was posted on knowyourmeme, it topped the most views for the image gallery, even surpassing the MLP image views 0_0  Nothing surpasses MLP when it comes to the amount of views in image galleries on kym!

Eh, that's true.  After all, from what I have seen, most bronies happen to be Nintendo fans as well.  It's funny because Smash Bros is ranked 3rd most viewed today on the image gallery.

well im not a bronie but a GMO and yes my first ever console was the SNES still have it today and it still works

XD

After all, from what I have seen, most bronies happen to be Nintendo fans as well.

My siblings and I can attest to that.

Plus, Creepy Animal Crossing Villager is newer, so everyone wants to see it for the first time. All in all, this just makes me really want to play him in SSB4.

I remember it being said Ice Climbers were specifically because they were retro, so having no new games isn't a problem in that area. Is there any character you think is more popular than them that haven't had new games in quite that long while? Imo if it was so dead they wouldn't even bother re-releasing it, at least it's popular enough for that, they just don't seem to think making more games is something they can do with it.

EDIT: Right, they even chose them over Pit, which I think was mostly in Brawl because they had more plans for him, and the Ice Climbers stayed to represent that period.

I think Yoshi should be changed more too. Also, the most ironic thing is that the most trouble I've had using him was on Yoshi's Island (melee).

That was a long time ago though. IMO the game should have like 1/3 of the cast to be new and if Sakurai wants to keep the cast around the same size some hard cuts are going to need to be made. 

And to answer you question about who hasn't had a game in a long while, Falcon. His last game was almost a decade ago.

Also, for retro we do have Classic Megaman.

I don't know how you figure they'd get rid of all the Pokemon that aren't Pikachu. 

Pokemon Trainer as he know him won't be in the game. IMO one of the best ways for them to get a wider range of pokemon in the game would be to have 3 different starters get used this time. So even if Pokemon Trainer is in the game I think it will be a very different one than the one we have.

Lucario is their partly because he was being used to show off the new gen. With 6th gen right around the corner I think this slot will go to one of them. Also, on the note of gen releases, I find it funny that Melee game with 2nd, Brawl with 4th, and this is with 6th. Those poor odd numbered gens.

I've already made my case for Jigs. She has long since lost popularity and with Pokemon being VERY hungry for character slots (I think the franchise has more than enough to make a Pokemon Smash game) I don't think she should get a slot.

That was a long time ago though. IMO the game should have like 1/3 of the cast to be new and if Sakurai wants to keep the cast around the same size some hard cuts are going to need to be made. 

And to answer you question about who hasn't had a game in a long while, Falcon. His last game was almost a decade ago.

Also, for retro we do have Classic Megaman.

Ah, I was kinda just thinking of ones that had less games. Duuno why. They should just make a Wii U F-Zero D:

It's not like I'm overly fond of Ice Climbers, or think they have a good chance of staying, just the dead franchise thing didn't really sound too much like a good reason for them especially to leave. But you are pretty right about all that.

Hey wait, what if they swap Pokemon Trainer with 'Pokemon Rival'
So instead of Charazard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle, he has Blastoise, Charmeleon, and Bulbasaur O,o
Would be pretty neat.

as he is shown catching multiple things before running out.

Could have sworn they said he can only hold 1 at a time...

Hey wait, what if they swap Pokemon Trainer with 'Pokemon Rival'
So instead of Charazard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle, he has Blastoise, Charmeleon, and Bulbasaur O,o
Would be pretty neat.

IMO the best line up would be

Blaziken

Dewott

Chikorita

It gives 3rd and 5th gen some love and I think all 3 can work as playable characters.

Archived