The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

From himself... And specifically it's Darkness. He is affected by anything else. He's specially equipped to take on Darkness.

And as I said, his power of giving hope is most often a glimmer of hope not a ton of hope. It's more like he's showing that there's always a possibility that good will triumph.

EDIT: I updated the profile, putting the powers linked to his power of light as such and updated the Hope powers.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was updated as it requires him to trigger that power. It's not just always on.

Also I note that fear and chaos can disrupt Hope within the story.

...please define power levels and stop just saying it. The powers I'm giving him besides Light Mannipulation I'm not seeing the other powers as big major powers.

I finished the application (except the Source place as I have not posted my story yet... It's being Beta-read) well here it is:

[spoiler=Application]

Apollon's Application:

"A glimmer of hope shines to bring forth light! The Guardian of Hope and Light has arrived! Apollon!"

Username: Megamanlan

Name: Akiru Natsuki

Alias: Apollon

Appearance:

Civilian: Akiru's hair seems mostly down, bangs flow to the left. The back of his hair is spiked pointing down. His hair doesn't pass the back of his head. He has green eyes and typically wears a gray or blue tee-shirt or occasionally a a suit shirt. He tends to also wear shorts but will wear pants when it's cold enough. Akiru tends to switch between sandals and shoes. He is about 6' tall and quite skinny.

Hero: He wears a crown with three points that is worn on his forehead. His eyes have a golden-white color. There is a gem in the center of his chest with 6 lines. 2 going up that connect to his wings. 2 to his sides which complete the wing. And lastly two going down to the end of the shorts he wears. Unseen armor surrounds his chest and legs. He lastly has leg armor that connects with the closed-toed shoes he wears. His getup is mostly white with silver and gold shades and trim. He has wings on his back and he glows of light. The wings can also fold up and become a cape for him.

Origin: (Link to RP app, fanfic location, or wikia page)

Biography:

Akiru was born in America to his Japanese parents. He was a loner for quite a while, but he honestly felt that he couldnt have real friends so he kept away from even trying to. When he was 14 he found a strange gem on the ground. He decided to keep it as it was interesting to him. When his school was attacked by strange creatures. The Crystal finding a proper host linked to its ancient past, transformed him into Apollon! After he defeated the creatures he became the school's hero of sorts. This cause Akiru to get enough strength after time to make friends and realize two that were with him the whole time.

He soon found that there was an American Vampire who was controlling the Darkness that kept attacking. The Vampire took the alias of Dracula. Apollon and Dracula fought often and ended up as archenemies. In their ultimate battle, Apollon finally defeated him and locked him away in the core of the planet. After that he decided to study in Japan for a few years.

After arriving in Japan he learned of a new threat, the Emperor's of Darkness, the ultimate evil was approaching Earth. He eventually agreed to team up with Sailor Moon and the Sailor Senshi to defeat them. During that time Akiru learned more about Apollon's history.

Apollon was the Guardian of the Solar Empire and was the Ruler of the Solar System, married to the Queen of the Moon. He also was a Galaxy Guardian, one of five which he lead to protect the galaxy from threats and protected one of the five Galaxy Key's: the Emperor's Key. The previous one was defeated by Metalia causing the mantle to be passed, but now he had to prove that the Guardian of the Sun was once again able and willing to guard the Key again.

Apollon eventually proved it and obtained the Key.

Personality:

Akiru now is quite protective of his friends. In his civilian form he tends to be very laid back, seeming to enjoy nearly everything or not... It can be hard to tell at times. He's grown to be much more friendly and not seem hard to deal with. He learned when to let people go at times from his time of being a loner. But another thing he learned was never fully trust anyone. But since then he also learned that perhaps being mistrustful is not always the best thing. But his seeming carefree-ness is mostly to hide his secret and his past pain.

Apollon on the other hand tends to be more rough. He is extremely determined and will not accept no. He will protect those who are his friends no matter what. He fights for peace and to keep the Galaxy safe. He also considers what both his friends and enemies say though.

Faction: Counter Corps

Important Artifact Stolen: Mystical Silver Crystal.

Powers/Equipment:

Powers:

Flight - Apollon is capable of flight thanks to the wings on his back. What being is he again?

Light Manipulation - Apollon can create and manipulate light at will with concentration. Including making it solid and translucent. It is the base of most of his attacks. Can be easily abused. Speed of light attacks? Vaporization with bursts of light? etc etc

- Light Restoration - Apollon can regain energy by being in Sunlight. Sunlight being almost everywhere.

- Solar Cleansing - If there is any light or hope in a person's mind, Apollon can cleanse that person of excessive darkness and restore balance to the light and darkness in a person. Eh, could be sort of PP'ing in some scenarios, but should be fine otherwise.

- Enhanced Stamina/Healing - In either form, Akiru's Stamina and damage he can take has been enhanced so he can survive a lot more then an average human.

- Shadow Immunity - Akiru is immune to Black Magic, and the power of Shadow or Darkness infecting his mind or body. Eh... by itself, it's okay. Paired with others, not so much.

Hopeful Refresh - When Apollon is near other people, when he focuses on it, he can cause others to realize hope that good will triumph. This and one below. He creates hopes, he gains power from their hopes. Fear/Chaos could disrupt it, but his presence would counter it. Thus a loop.

- Strength of Hope - Apollon's strength is linked to Hope of people: If there is a strong hope, he will be stronger, If there is no hope, he will become very weak. Look above.

Equipment:

Hope's Starblade - A blade made of the light of the Stars. He can summon it at will. As long as the Stars shine, this blade can be restored. Does being made from starlight have any extra effects?

The Emperor's Key - One of 5 Galaxy Tools that created the Universe. It is semi-intelligent and indestructible. The only way to obtain it is to earn it, and it will then decide to choose you or not. The holder of the Key is charged with protect the Galaxy along with 4 other Guardians. It's full power and potential is unknown, but some of its powers it has granted to Apollon are: Indestructible? Alright. Protect galaxy? Full potential being unknown means you could be stronger, because it's just a way to phrase that. But you already seem past it.

Immortality - Apollon is immortal until the Key finds a new worthy Guardian. But while he is immortal, his body is capable of even being destroyed. No characters have immortality, as far as I know now. But what happens if he's destroyed? Look below.

Temporary Restoration - When its host's body has been destroyed, it can temporarily completely restore the hosts body for about 3 hours. So it's basically just complete immortality. He just regenerates body. But how would this work if he's destroyed?

Body Creation - It can create a body for its host if the hosts other body was destroyed. Out of what? This ensures permanent immortality. I really don't think it seems likely for another Guardian, who'd just be as OP'd and replace this.

Immunity - The host is immune to nearly all disease and corruption. Define corruption. If it's anything negative, yeah, no.

Mental Guard - It can negate Mind Control powers if it threatens the host or the Key. So complete block against any mind hacking or the like.

Enhanced Powers - The powers of the Holder are enhanced by the Key. As if he doesn't have enough.

Space Travel - The Host can travel through space without the need of air. Alright, but just curious. How?

Oh does the Character have to be formally introduced in the original story or can he be an unknown person at the point in the story?

I finished the application (except the Source place as I have not posted my story yet... It's being Beta-read) well here it is:

Isn't it ironic that the one character who could solo the Despair Hydra LERNA only joined the team afterwards?

But honestly, his powers are a tad bit excessive, and it sounds like he could be even more troublesome than the VECTOR-VECTOR Renegade Joker if we're to take them all literally. Maybe you could tone down upon Solar Cleansing and Hopeful Refresh as well, because they sound like annoying abilities that might hamper how other RPers want to play their characters. More than that, the powers granted to him as a Galaxy Guardian are too powerful, so it'd be cool if you could have the Emperor's Key stolen and render those abilities unusable.

And most importantly, what is his origin? I'm finding it a little hard to believe in this mismash of...stuff. So um, yeah, until you can clear all this out, I'm not sure if I can accept him.

By the way the 'fear and hope' thing is exclusive to the boss battle against LERNA.

@Bailias & Broken: In Bailas's defense, he has achieved a godlike level through coordination of powers and strategy, and is basically going all-out against LERNA, having ultimately managed to summon Slifer, a divine entity and pulling out all the stops. The whole Sliferok entity will probably collapse afterwards, and I'm not expecting such powerful abilities to appear again.

Edit:

As to the Silver Crystal, it's Sailor Moon item that gives her power. The Emperor's Key being stolen would go against my storyline which says that nothing can keep the Emperor's Key from its guardian until a new guardian is decided...

Tell that to the millions of prophecies, treaties, geases, time paradoxes, gods, and multiverses that Isamy defies whenever she goes to a new universe to take a new artifact. I think it's likely that she stole the Silver Crystal, but... Well, I can only assume that he lives in the Sailor-verse. The main problems are Origin and Powers.

Flight - Apollon is capable of flight thanks to the wings on his back. What being is he again?

His transformed form has wings that he can use to fly. I don't see this as some kind of issue.

Light Manipulation - Apollon can create and manipulate light at will with concentration. Including making it solid and translucent. It is the base of most of his attacks. Can be easily abused. Speed of light attacks? Vaporization with bursts of light? etc etc

Once again I explain this. I don't count Extreme speed as apart of Light Manipulation - Too me that's a different power so he does not have that ability. First off, plus 'vaporizing' people is against my Character's (and the Hero type in general) personality. Remember its not always the powers, it also has to do with how they're used too.

- Light Restoration - Apollon can regain energy by being in Sunlight. Sunlight being almost everywhere.

Not everywhere. In fact, there are several places where there isn't sunlight. And a good villain that knows anything about him will cut him off from that power source.

- Solar Cleansing - If there is any light or hope in a person's mind, Apollon can cleanse that person of excessive darkness and restore balance to the light and darkness in a person. Eh, could be sort of PP'ing in some scenarios, but should be fine otherwise.

For an RP this would be specifically used only when the user agrees to it.

- Shadow Immunity - Akiru is immune to Black Magic, and the power of Shadow or Darkness infecting his mind or body. Eh... by itself, it's okay. Paired with others, not so much.

Once again this is because he has an unequal amount of light and dark in his body. Again, he is hurt by Darkness, etc. But it cannot manipulate or mess with his body or mind. It has to do with him actually being the guardian of light in his reality.

Hopeful Refresh - When Apollon is near other people, when he focuses on it, he can cause others to realize hope that good will triumph. This and one below. He creates hopes, he gains powerarrow-10x10.png from their hopes. Fear/Chaos could disrupt it, but his presence would counter it. Thus a loop.

- Strength of Hope - Apollon's strength is linked to Hope of people: If there is a strong hope, he will be stronger, If there is no hope, he will become very weak. Look above.

Again, unless its a significant change, he will not have a noticeable difference in power. His presence now doesnt automatically cause it. He has to actually use the ability

Equipment:
Hope's Starblade - A blade made of the light of the Stars. He can summon it at will. As long as the Stars shine, this blade can be restored. Does being made from starlight have any extra effects?

No, no other powers. Just that it cannot be destroyed.

The Emperor's Key - One of 5 Galaxy Tools that created the Universe. It is semi-intelligent and indestructible. The only way to obtain it is to earn it, and it will then decide to choose you or not. The holder of the Key is charged with protect the Galaxy along with 4 other Guardians. It's full power and potential is unknown, but some of its powers it has granted to Apollon are: Indestructible? Alright. Protect galaxy? Full potential being unknown means you could be stronger, because it's just a way to phrase that. But you already seem past it.

It is a key item in my story... But also the Full potential is meaning more of that no one really knows how really powerful it is. But Akiru does not know how to even tap into the full potential of the Key. It's not that I'd be randomly giving him new powers in the RP, its just a description of the Key itself.

Immortality - Apollon is immortal until the Key finds a new worthy Guardian. But while he is immortal, his body is capable of even being destroyed. No characters have immortality, as far as I know now. But what happens if he's destroyed? Look below.
Temporary Restoration - When its host's body has been destroyed, it can temporarily completely restore the hosts body for about 3 hours. So it's basically just complete immortality. He just regenerates body. But how would this work if he's destroyed?
Body Creation - It can create a body for its host if the hosts other body was destroyed. Out of what? This ensures permanent immortality. I really don't think it seems likely for another Guardian, who'd just be as OP'd and replace this.

First off, when a Guardian is (or would be killed) the Galaxy Tool has basically a kind of copy of their mind in the Key. When he is needed to protect the key, he can restore his body. The new body (which is actually a major plot in the story, the previous Apollon had to protect the Key until Akiru got to the point where the Key accepted him) was actually more like a small child. It's not very effective and actually quite weak.

Immunity - The host is immune to nearly all disease and corruption. Define corruption. If it's anything negative, yeah, no.

Corruption is like something attempting to posses him. (Although this is not really needed for a Warrior of Light as by nature they should be able to fight off something trying to posses/corrupt them)

Mental Guard - It can negate Mind Control powers if it threatens the host or the Key. So complete block against any mind hacking or the like.

Again, its only if the Mind control is forcing the host to either kill himself or to try to remove the Key. It was quite limited on when.

Enhanced Powers - The powers of the Holder are enhanced by the Key. As if he doesn't have enough.

Not exactly... This is just so that there is some positive and not just counters....

Space Travel - The Host can travel through space without the need of air. Alright, but just curious. How?

Akiru, before he had the Key, he couldn't travel in space and needs air. The Key gets rid of that issue.

One note of the Key itself, as the Key is semi-sentient, the Key can decide to allow Apollon to use the powers it has. It's not just he can use it whenever.

Except Merc, there were very little sacrifices really. Butler right from the start had roughly 100000 grimoires in his head, as well as possessing Ars Magna and being given the Alpha Stigma. Slifer took no effort since to stabilise it all they needed was a golden stick stuck between someone's ass cheeks.

And after all that, it's just going to reset anyways, so Dorian's sacrifice means diddly when he springs back to life after Sliferok leaves the dimension.

Isn't it ironic that the one character who could solo the Despair Hydra LERNA only joined the team afterwards?

But honestly, his powers are a tad bit excessive, and it sounds like he could be even more troublesome than the VECTOR-VECTOR Renegade Joker if we're to take them all literally. Maybe you could tone down upon Solar Cleansing and Hopeful Refresh as well, because they sound like annoying abilities that might hamper how other RPers want to play their characters. More than that, the powers granted to him as a Galaxy Guardian are too powerful, so it'd be cool if you could have the Emperor's Key stolen and render those abilities unusable.

And most importantly, what is his origin? I'm finding it a little hard to believe in this mismash of...stuff. So um, yeah, until you can clear all this out, I'm not sure if I can accept him.

By the way the 'fear and hope' thing is exclusive to the boss battle against LERNA.

@Bailias & Broken: In Bailas's defense, he has achieved a godlike level through coordination of powers and strategy, and is basically going all-out against LERNA, having ultimately managed to summon Slifer, a divine entity and pulling out all the stops. The whole Sliferok entity will probably collapse afterwards, and I'm not expecting such powerful abilities to appear again.

Edit:

Tell that to the millions of prophecies, treaties, geases, time paradoxes, gods, and multiverses that Isamy defies whenever she goes to a new universe to take a new artifact. I think it's likely that she stole the Silver Crystal, but... Well, I can only assume that he lives in the Sailor-verse. The main problems are Origin and Powers.

The Orgin story goes like this:

During the anicent times (same time as the 'Silver Millennium' in the Sailor-verse) Apollon was the King of the Solar Kingdom, and was married to Queen Serenity. He was chosen to become a Guardian of the Galaxy with four other guardians. At one point while he was restoring his energy at the sun, he was attacked by Metalia as it was entering the Solar System. As he was far too weak, he was defeated by Metalia and was thrown into the sun where he laid, his body being seared to the point of being destroyed. Upon him finally being destroyed, the power of Apollon was sent out to find a new Warrior of the Sun, Light and Hope. Which Akiru found and the rest is in his history.

Also I mentioned that I don't have Origin page yet, I was posting the rest of the Application now.

I'm not seeing how the Healing is really OP... It only works if the balance is off in a person, not just heal anything....

For Hopeful Refresh.... I'm at the point that I don't get what I need for that to be okay....

The other option is that I can just have it that he doesn't have the Key yet... Because the Key literally fades away if someone has it that the Key has not accepted.

Also, Hope is part of the base of the Character. I can have it not be a major thing in this RP, but I can't just drop it though.

Like I told Roxas anything that Dorian does gets reset when he crosses a dimension. So when this is over (depending on how we exit this place) CWG and Sliferok will de-fuse. As for the spamming of the grimoire spamming the more powerful are supposedly so powerful that no one can understand them and no one has the power to fully use them. Ergo Butlerok can't spam them. However Sliferok can thanks to the Slifer portion of Sliferok they now have the power to fully utilize these books.

Also one doesn't reset death. I mean Dorian will live because Butler can read the Necronomicon but the level of derpness here most likely won't be repeated. Mainly because none of the parties involved liked having to do this. BWG sacked his personality, Dorian had to "die," Butler is the epitome of a monster who is the nucleus of all this, and Slifer like Merc said is still not at full power and is coated in insanity. No one wanted this to happen but it looked like it had too because no other character was doing anything at the time.

As for the power of hope and light. I'm just not comfortable with someone saying they just won't acknowledge a key characteristic of his power. I mean if there was a random reason why the light bender can't attack at the speed of light then that would be fine but to say one does not see the speed of light as a characteristic of light is unsettling.

You're looking at light scientifically. This twerp is using elemental Light, or for the fanciful way, the Force of Creation. Elemental Light & Darkness are Creation & Destruction respectively. It's not like Kizaru's light which is the scientific one, made of wavelengths and stuff. I hope this clears things up.

And isn't that the smegging problem Bailas? Sliferok leaves the dimension, & Dorian doesn't suffer for his actions. Don't you think it unfair that if Dorian dies in the battlefield, Butlerok can just eat the body. Then, when they leave; POOF! Dorian is alive and well again. Isn't it just so fair when someone completely ignores the consequences of their, or someone else's actions?

Yes, but on the other hand he doesn't have the full capability to create anything, he only knows how to create a few things. I actually have the main thing that his power is sourced in the Stars. That's the kind of Elemental Light that he controls.

Also, my initial question on my application hasn't been answered yet.

Oh does the Character have to be formally introduced in the original story or can he be an unknown person at the point in the story?

You're gonna have to wait until Arc 2 ends, I'm afraid, and then you can introduce your character in Arc 3.

The other option is that I can just have it that he doesn't have the Key yet... Because the Key literally fades away if someone has it that the Key has not accepted.

Also, Hope is part of the base of the Character. I can have it not be a major thing in this RP, but I can't just drop it though.

Nobody's asking you to remove Hope. I completely understand how important it is to your story. And you can keep the Key if you want, but I think it would be much easier for everyone else if he didn't. I don't really mind your light manipulation power, and I understand that you're taking things from a more simple, magical side.  Also, I feel really uncomfortable whenever I hear 'the Key'. We already have a 'Key', the Key of Origin, and it's going to be the center of Arc 3. I think having two Keys would cause confusion.

Well, why not? You read the plot info, right? So you know what Isamy's been doing, and how her actions are affecting other worlds. Maybe she tried to take the Key, but then it disappeared. Then, because Akiru couldn't become a Galaxy Guardian, his galaxy ended up being wrecked by outside forces with no one to stop them. So technically, the Key is the stolen object, but Isamy didn't actually obtain it. She failed. This can also act as a kind of extra test for Akiru to prove himself.

Without the Key, he's at mid to upper-mid tier, which is far more acceptable for everyone, I think.

Speaking of which, once Arc 2 is over, I'll have to gauge the list of everyone's tiers again. In the meantime, you get to see the boss tier:

That'll be LERNA, the Divine Hell, Sliferok, and Madara Uchiha. Should the Jeri-Type somehow get its hands on its originator's core, then the D-Reaper could be counted as well.

Well, why not? You read the plot info, right? So you know what Isamy's been doing, and how her actions are affecting other worlds. Maybe she tried to take the Key, but then it disappeared. Then, because Akiru couldn't become a Galaxy Guardian, his galaxy ended up being wrecked by outside forces with no one to stop them. So technically, the Key is the stolen object, but Isamy didn't actually obtain it. She failed. This can also act as a kind of extra test for Akiru to prove himself.

Without the Key, he's at mid to upper-mid tier, which is far more acceptable for everyone, I think.

One option is that when the Key vanishes it returns to the one who it was stolen from. It could be that Isamy notices this and actually kidnapped the Original Apollon (his name he had for the story was Hikaru) in order to find a way to extract it and was thinking it was the Origin Key. So she'll be more or less surprised when Akiru comes for Hikaru and the Key. Could it go like that?

It would be funny to see the Impossible Man in this RP... Kinda...

Archived