The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The RJ becoming a female?

Aren't the RJ and the moe guy on the same side? Second, it's a spell projectile that needs to hit to work. For something minor like this, I don't really think dodging is much of a problem.

No no, his one-piece character that can morph genetics or something. I read the bio of him because I thought Kiotso might have to fight him. Now that I think about it, he might actually have to touch you to do that.

Would your teleporting bullets be affected by the haywire state teleportation magic is in right now? Or is this gun similar to how Matthew teleports where it's not actually teleporting?

This is teleporting technology, not magic. Kind of like the Star Trek transporting.

In fact, the original idea of a sniper rifle with teleporting bullets comes from Deep Space 9. 

The character I intend to submit for Arc 3 is going to be a Neutrally aligned character with the potential to one-shot anyone who hasn't seen his power before. Real Aizen-esque mother f***er. I'm considering teaming up with LERNA if she would allow it.

Sorry buddy, but I called dibs on LERNA.

Dibs.

See?

Convenient how this is mentioned after Kiotso is marked for death...

We haven't really discuss the weaknesses of our high-powered characters up until now.

You could've asked. :3

If other people are fine with it, then I'll allow it - and that's why I've allowed it thus far.

I've been vehemently against him, so I don't think you should allow it. Sora is my strongest character, and he was considered top tier, but Decibel demands that I have pretty much make it obvious how he could be defeated, yet he doesn't want to budge. The point of this roleplay is to be fun, but he's taking away all of that. You weren't here when I said this last time, so I'll say it again. Just because I got my ass handed to me against the Renegade Joker doesn't mean I'm being a sore loser, because if that was the case, then I'd be calling for Jeriii to be expelled from the roleplay, but I don't want that, because I don't mind her being a character who's sole purpose is to specifically kill MachGaogamon.

Anyway, I posted as Sora, mostly because I just want to get this post out. Final Fantasy Revolution, I hope I have portrayed Kiotso well.

@Phantom Roxas: Agreed.

Decibel, please tone down on the power-scaling from now on, alright? I know how much of an overpowered ability vector manipulation is, but your character should still have limits. Also, I'd like for his awakened form to be sealed away within your next few posts.

This RP isn't about the battles and determining who's best, it's about the interactions and having fun while doing so. But to be honest, your Joker hasn't done much but fight everyone else, kill as many available people as possible, and transform into an invulnerable god. Take Jerii as an example for how your character should be acting; despite her instant-kill abilities, she interacts with others while putting fear into them, and presents a very interesting threat to the story, though one that can still be fought. On the other hand, the Joker is like...a flying wall. It hits you, you can't hit it back or talk to it, and then it runs off. That's how I perceive his actions so far in the Desert Seth.

And I'm sure everyone can be friends with LERNA.

To prove that power doesn't automatically mean character, just look at how I've been writing Arthur and Sora. Sora has barely interacted even with the rest of my own characters, and while he knows their names, he really doesn't have much to do with their character arcs, especially since I've been desperately trying to make one up for him, despite the fact that he's my strongest character.

Conversely, Arthur is so incredibly weak compared to most of the characters in this that as soon as Eria's transformation wore off, she immediately proved that she was a lot more badass than he'll ever be. I took a character I created five years ago, who was the blandest guy a n00b could come up, retconned in his demigod backstory specifically for this roleplay on a whim just so he'd have something going into this, even though I didn't know Percy Jackson & The Olympians was even a thing back in his original roleplay. Why? Because out of all the roleplays I've done on this site, his was one of the ones that actually stood out in my mind, and a few days ago, I looked at other roleplays I've signed up for, and I was simply shocked at how many I had completely forgotten about. But Arthur? He was my absolute first choice for this, and I picked him more readily than Sora, who you would think would be my actual first pick, aside from Roxas himself.

Out of respect for Merciful, I went with MachGaogamon because even though I could have just made it so that he had MirageGaogamon, I knew I had to tone things down, so while I still tried to make it so that Arthur had a very powerful partner, I didn't immediately jump to something like Arthur being permanently Biomerged with MachGaogamon, and now they're MirageGaogamon Burst Mode X or whatever.

I want Arthur to be more than that guy I made in a roleplay that ended with me being one of the only three people who bothered to post in it after the creator pretty much disappeared, so you'll have to forgive me if I feel that my weak demigod is a more interesting and fun character than your reality warping god wannabe powered by angels.

Either that or I've been inspired by my original plan of making Arthur a god-hating jerk that wouldn't mind if someone like Zeus or Yggdrasil were taken down a peg.

It is funny how I'm constantly being used as a basis for comparison when Jeriii's only kills thus far is a mercy kill on Salamance, who was going to die because of the wounds caused by the Joker; and Silver's death was indirect since he died from exertion and not from any wound as she never even hit him.

Though, it does make me question how the Joker was even accepted when you denied Ihadulca who can't even do half the stuff the Joker can. Not complaining mind, as being Jeriii is a lot more fun than being Ihadulca.

It is funny how I'm constantly being used as a basis for comparison when Jeriii's only kills thus far is a mercy kill on Salamance, who was going to die because of the wounds caused by the Joker; and Silver's death was indirect since he died from exertion and not from any wound as she never even hit him.

Though, it does make me question how the Joker was even accepted when you denied Ihadulca who can't even do half the stuff the Joker can. Not complaining mind, as being Jeriii is a lot more fun than being Ihadulca.

I only bring up Jeriii because Team Silver was fighting Jeriii and the Joker at the same time.

Alright, I'll tone down things and focus on character interaction more.

THANK YOU.

Edit: Just read PR's IC post. Ultimate Form is going to be a real interesting battle.

But I liked Kiotso D:

Oh no, that was Master Form.

Kiotso is still alive, but barely. FFR is going to write his death post.

@Phantom Roxas: Agreed.

Decibel, please tone down on the power-scaling from now on, alright? I know how much of an overpowered ability vector manipulation is, but your character should still have limits. Also, I'd like for his awakened form to be sealed away within your next few posts.

This RP isn't about the battles and determining who's best, it's about the interactions and having fun while doing so. But to be honest, your Joker hasn't done much but fight everyone else, kill as many available people as possible, and transform into an invulnerable god. Take Jerii as an example for how your character should be acting; despite her instant-kill abilities, she interacts with others while putting fear into them, and presents a very interesting threat to the story, though one that can still be fought. On the other hand, the Joker is like...a flying wall. It hits you, you can't hit it back or talk to it, and then it runs off. That's how I perceive his actions so far in the Desert Seth.

And I'm sure everyone can be friends with LERNA.

Jerii has absorbed my Pokemans, kick from RP!

To prove that power doesn't automatically mean character, just look at how I've been writing Arthur and Sora. Sora has barely interacted even with the rest of my own characters, and while he knows their names, he really doesn't have much to do with their character arcs, especially since I've been desperately trying to make one up for him, despite the fact that he's my strongest character.

Conversely, Arthur is so incredibly weak compared to most of the characters in this that as soon as Eria's transformation wore off, she immediately proved that she was a lot more badass than he'll ever be. I took a character I created five years ago, who was the blandest guy a n00b could come up, retconned in his demigod backstory specifically for this roleplay on a whim just so he'd have something going into this, even though I didn't know Percy Jackson & The Olympians was even a thing back in his original roleplay. Why? Because out of all the roleplays I've done on this site, his was one of the ones that actually stood out in my mind, and a few days ago, I looked at other roleplays I've signed up for, and I was simply shocked at how many I had completely forgotten about. But Arthur? He was my absolute first choice for this, and I picked him more readily than Sora, who you would think would be my actual first pick, aside from Roxas himself.

Out of respect for Merciful, I went with MachGaogamon because even though I could have just made it so that he had MirageGaogamon, I knew I had to tone things down, so while I still tried to make it so that Arthur had a very powerful partner, I didn't immediately jump to something like Arthur being permanently Biomerged with MachGaogamon, and now they're MirageGaogamon Burst Mode X or whatever.

I want Arthur to be more than that guy I made in a roleplay that ended with me being one of the only three people who bothered to post in it after the creator pretty much disappeared, so you'll have to forgive me if I feel that my weak demigod is a more interesting and fun character than your reality warping god wannabe powered by angels.

Either that or I've been inspired by my original plan of making Arthur a god-hating jerk that wouldn't mind if someone like Zeus or Yggdrasil were taken down a peg.

*initiates slow clap*

Kiotso is now dead =(

Nero is now back and older than ever, his appearance will only provoke questions and confusion for everyone.

Is Matthew stronger than everyone thinks?

FIND OUT IN THE NEXT EPISODE OF...
THE GRAND CROSSOVER RP!

EDIT: I was given permission to control Sora for that brief moment as well just in case anyone was wondering.

Hm.

I can either battle Ed.

Or Sora.

Or go to the pyramid and observe.

What is Sora's Master Form like?

Aren't Ed and Sora in the same place?

I'd advise going to the pyramid. Yes, that place is getting ridiculously crowded, but we want that.

Did you seriously not get a good idea of what Master Form was like during the Kiotso battle? Basically, it's a fusion of the Valor and Master Forms, so Sora can jump insanely high, and then jump again, so that last post against Kiotso was taking place pretty high into the air. Furthermore, he can dual wield Keyblades, one in his right hand, and the other basically floating next to his left. He also got new armor, which is twice as durable as when he was in Anti Form. While he's not composed of dark matter or shadows or whatever, he still has powerful light magic protecting him.

Anyway, since Kiotso's dead…

[spoiler=POST-MORTEM STATUS UPDATE]Teams

Team Azumi:

Azumi / Riley - At H2, battling Team Foster.

Team Dorian

Dorian / BlackWarGreymon / Butlerok - At F5.

Team Foster:

Foster / Alexander / Mr. Zurkon - At H2, battling Team Azumi.

Team JSA:

Sayer / Jecht / Alister - At F5.

Team Magical Gumball Surprise

Jeanne - Officially partnered with Lucario, who will now be considered as her familiar.

Eria / Arthur / Matthew - Battling Tsunugai at F1.

Lydia / Sarah - At F5.

Team Silver

MachGaogamon / Flygon / Feraligatr - At F5.

Team Sora

Sora / Nero || Ed / Lyon - At D2, but currently split up. Need to reunite.

Unpaired Characters

Broke. N

Frankram - At E2.

Ivankov - At D2.

Jeriii - Location unspecified.

Chris Dolmeth

Byakuya - Current status unknown.

Kratos - Reserved for Arc 3.

Decibel

Renegade Joker - Moving from I6 to G5.

Final Fantasy Revolution

Kiotso - Killed by Sora.

Kazuto Kirigaya

Richard - Location unknown.

Tsunugai - Battling Arthur, Eria, and Matthew.

Merciful Idiot

Emiya - At F4.

Isamy - Location unknown.

LERNA - In her portal on the boundaries of F5.

Simdoggy

Ayame & Naomi - In the sky above G3.

Darcy - In the sky above G5.

TheFinalFan

Itsu - Entered LERNA's barrier.

Judaihime - Last seen at G7.

Melvin - Blasted off from F5, has not been seen since.

Unclaimed Characters

[O] Mephala - Unknown.

[CC] Fenris - At UBW.

Inactive Characters (AT: 24)

Barian Warlord

Nescham - Last seen in Isamy's throne room.

Enrise

Master Asia - Last seen at UBW.

Schwartz Bruder - Last seen at UBW.

Sheogorath - Unknown.

H.N. Elly

Sheibra Avalon - Last seen at Isamy's castle.

hollowXcross

Sephiroth - Last seen in Isamy's throne room.

Jolta

Gin - Last seen at UBW.

Otto - Last seen at UBW.

Shinka - Last seen at Isamy's castle.

Malignant

Kyoya Hibari - At J1.

Tophat Tiger

John - Last seen at UBW, offering to join any group.

Yosuke-kun

Cody - Last seen at UBW.

Jin - Last seen at the UBW training facility.

Kozaky - Last seen in Isamy's throne room.

Archived