• Created
  • Last Reply

I sort of liked Yachiru and Kenpachi.

s:

Then you're going to love Kratos.

I do want this post to be similar to Joker vs. Kenpachi & Yachiru

Ouch.  I'm slightly offended.

I'll take a stab at that.

Now I'm more offended.  Challenge accepted.  Taking note of this for Arc 3.

I'm not trying to just completely be some OP'd b****, but from just statistics, the Joker would win.

My Counter Corps characters are a fire goddess who has the power of an entire STAR at her beck and call, and an elite soldier from an interdimensional Interpol who has all manner of weaponry and gear available to him, including his two favorite guns, an assault rifle that fires off target-seeking rounds, and a sniper rifle that doesn't just shoot bullets, but TELEPORTS them.

My Counter Corps characters are a fire goddess who has the power of an entire STAR at her beck and call, and an elite soldier from an interdimensional Interpol who has all manner of weaponry and gear available to him, including his two favorite guns, an assault rifle that fires off target-seeking rounds, and a sniper rifle that doesn't just shoot bullets, but TELEPORTS them.

Does the teleported gun like track the target and teleports to there, even if they move? Or is it to a specific point? Could my character work around that, to the point it's near ineffective?

Does the teleported gun like track the target and teleports to there, even if they move? Or is it to a specific point? Could my character work around that, to the point it's near ineffective?

It works like a regular sniper rifle, only the first leg of the round's journey is shortened due to the teleporter. At the end of the barrel is not a muzzle, but a very small teleporter that, once the round is fired and reaches the teleporter, teleports the round, while still in motion, a distance down the path the bullet would have gone if fired normally. This distance can be calculated using a special onboard AI, and can even be inside of an object, but is utterly dependent on how much of a charge the teleporter had allocated for that shot. Once the round is teleported to its destination, it continues down its trajectory as it would have if the teleportation aspect was absent.

To give an example, say that you want to shoot at someone 200 meters away, but 150 meters away is the brick wall of the warehouse your target is in, blocking the shot. You simply set the teleporter to go, say, 160 meters away, and take the shot, most likely using either a scanning device to see through the wall or a targeter a friend has. The bullet will travel 160 meters via teleporter, the beginning of its travels, then proceed to fly another 40 meters into your unfortunate victim. The wonderful thing about this is that the round sounds like it came from 40 meters away, when in fact, it was much farther away. Forensics and ballistics will be baffled, and you can get away scott free.

The only downside is the aforementioned charging time. For every 5 meters the round has to go via teleporter, the rifle's onboard capacitor has to be charged for about a second, so you had better hope that you don't miss, because, unless you charged up for every single shot you plan on taking, you might not get a second shot.

In my personal opinion, Foster doesn't stand a chance against the Joker, since no matter how many fancy guns he has or how many mechanics they possess, they're vulnerable to vector manipulation.

But Itsu would practically stomp him if she wasn't restrained by all these spacial distortions. She's capable of overwhelming his vector calculations using ingenuity, spacetime manipulation and sheer flames, and indeed, the power of a sun is not to be underestimated. At full power, as far as I know, Itsu's practically at a level comparable to DBZ.

In my personal opinion, Foster doesn't stand a chance against the Joker, since no matter how many fancy guns he has or how many mechanics they possess, they're vulnerable to vector manipulation. But Itsu would practically stomp him if she wasn't restrained by all these spacial distortions. She's capable of overwhelming his vector calculations using sheer flames, and indeed, the power of a sun is not to be underestimated.

At full power, Itsu's practically at a level comparable to DBZ.

Technically, though, Itsu has a few weaknesses. Her biggest one is her star.

Her star is her lifeline, and every amount of energy that she takes is energy she cannot put back. If her star goes, so does she.

However, 1 second of the sun's reactive capability is enough to keep our current electrical infrastructure running for half a million years.

In other words, if Itsu expends 1 second of her star's energy in one burst, that's the equivalent of a 1 TRILLION megaton nuclear warhead.

The total nuclear arsenal on Earth today is about 5,000 megatons, to give a sense of scale.

In my personal opinion, Foster doesn't stand a chance against the Joker, since no matter how many fancy guns he has or how many mechanics they possess, they're vulnerable to vector manipulation.

But Itsu would practically stomp him if she wasn't restrained by all these spacial distortions. She's capable of overwhelming his vector calculations using ingenuity, spacetime manipulation and sheer flames, and indeed, the power of a sun is not to be underestimated. At full power, as far as I know, Itsu's practically at a level comparable to DBZ.

The RJ has been alive for a lot longer than you think, and he is very smart. Space and time can also be controlled by vectors, but he doesn't due to risks currently. He could take the energy from a sun and redirect it as needed.

He just usually doesn't do every single possible thing he can do, as he's never been pushed that far.

No offense to you, but just from a technical view, I don't get how Sora could win unless he manages to be unbelievably strong - which doesn't seem like it - enough to get around the defense, perhaps with the shield added too if the Renegade views Sora as somewhat of a threat, or just manage to survive until like 30 minutes in-RP pass, which seems unlikely, or by that time, the Renegade would've just been annoyed and perhaps relocated tons upon tons of sand on top of the entire region Sora is, before moving away again or some other thing. At the very best (for Sora), it seems like a draw to me, only if he can evade attacks like that at super-high speed, or near instantaneous (instantly increasing gravity of a perhaps basketball-sized spherical portion of the desert to a lethal extent, if it's a closer range battle -> plain attacks, instead of targeting Sora, target environments, etc). If he can't evade those kind of attacks for a near constant 20-30 minutes, perhaps a yoctosecond in between each attack (if not less), and probably an omnidirectional darkmatter attack which could literally hit an entire sphere (some going underground before shooting up) every couple of minutes, each at M23/missile speed or higher, then, I'm not trying to just completely be some OP'd b****, but from just statistics, the Joker would win. Because the second he considers Sora enough of a nuisance, he'd move away from Emiya/Isamy/LERNA and start his attack.

Sora is at least somewhat of a challenge compared to Ed.

I'm pretty sure Ed won't be as strong as Kenpachi and Yachiru both, and he's going to be off his tilter with anger, which would be a great weakness the Joker could exploit. Kenpachi was still logical and a legendary fighter, he would've won against the RJ, but his Darkwing Awakening saved him, and with that in effect, he easily crushed both of them.

If you're going to admit that a currenly top-tier warrior can't even stand up to the Renegade Joker, then that would be a violation of this roleplay's balance and rules.

Yes, you are trying to be OP'd, because no matter what his powers were in the original RP, it says clearly enough in the rules that any powerful character should be nerfed to fit the same level as everyone else. Why do you think the Shinigami didn't immediately speedblitz everyone else? Because they were nerfed. The same rules should apply to you, Decibel, and you've created a character that's practically uncombatable. If other people are fine with it, then I'll allow it - and that's why I've allowed it thus far.

But if you're going to exclude any other RPer even a tiny chance to stand up against your Renegade Joker, even when they're at top tier level, I suggest that you either nerf your character right now or have me cripple him for you.

The RJ has been alive for a lot longer than you think, and he is very smart. Space and time can also be controlled by vectors, but he doesn't due to risks currently. He could take the energy from a sun and redirect it as needed.

He just usually doesn't do every single possible thing he can do, as he's never been pushed that far.

Redirect the energy from a sun?

Alright, I'm starting to seriously consider kicking you out.

Also:

Technically, though, Itsu has a weakness. Her star is her lifeline, and every amount of energy that she takes is energy she cannot put back.

However, 1 second of the sun's reactive capability is enough to keep our current electrical infrastructure running for half a million years.

In other words, if Itsu expends 1 second of her star's energy in one burst, that's the equivalent of a 1 TRILLION megaton nuclear warhead.

The total nuclear arsenal on Earth today is about 5,000 megatons, to give a sense of scale.

The RJ has an average power of 4.3 gigatons per non-enhanced hit (plain punch or such), 1.3 petatons for a charge up that will take maybe 1-3 minutes. Maybe around a few hundred gigatons per enhanced hit otherwise that don't need any wait time (enhanced attacks, vector kicking things, etc).

@Merci: Will nerf so that others can have chance. This awakening is sort of like his star moment though. Top tiers can last against him decently then though. (I'll have the Remegade play with them, not just immediately use crushing blows.) About the sun thing, he can't really, as it's much too far away, and he can't just drag energy from it, I mean like within his range. It would either have to be extremely close (which would not work for obvious reasons), or just the energy from it within his vicinity. But he wouldn't use it anyway normally. He has other normal means to attack.

Also:

The RJ has an average power of 4.3 gigatons per non-enhanced hit (plain punch or such), 1.3 petatons for a charge up that will take maybe 1-3 minutes. Maybe around a few hundred gigatons per enhanced hit otherwise that don't need any wait time (enhanced attacks, vector kicking things, etc).

Still not quite approaching stellar levels of power.

Itsu's other major weakness is her physical body, which is the medium on how she interacts with the material realm. While made out of heavily-enchanted mythril, and capable of shifting at her will to become anything she wants, it is how she can be stopped. Cool her down rapidly enough, and her molten physical body will begin to solidify, and turn into actual metal. She will be unable to melt her body back to normal, and due to its high melting temperature, very little else aside from placing it next to a nuclear detonation will.

Also:

@Merci: Will nerf so that others can have chance. This awakening is sort of like his star moment though. Top tiers can last against him decently then though. (I'll have the Remegade play with them, not just immediately use crushing blows.) About the sun thing, he can't really, as it's much too far away, and he can't just drag energy from it, I mean like within his range.

I want dibs on killing this "god".

As an amusing anecdote, Itsu weighs the good portion of a ton thanks to her physical body's molecular composition. It's also very dense.

Putting her in water would be like dropping a stone statue into the ocean.

She could still move around, she would be able to resist the crushing water pressure, and she doesn't need to breathe (she still does so out of habit), but she would be hard-pressed to get out without resorting to channeling her fusion power like a rocket to blast and boil her way to the surface.

Would your teleporting bullets be affected by the haywire state teleportation magic is in right now? Or is this gun similar to how Matthew teleports where it's not actually teleporting?

Jesus, & I thought I was overdoing it with powers. I must remedy that posthaste

How would RJ react to being turned into a female?

If you're going to admit that a currenly top-tier warrior can't even stand up to the Renegade Joker, then that would be a violation of this roleplay's balance and rules.

Yes, you are trying to be OP'd, because no matter what his powers were in the original RP, it says clearly enough in the rules that any powerful character should be nerfed to fit the same level as everyone else. Why do you think the Shinigami didn't immediately speedblitz everyone else? Because they were nerfed. The same rules should apply to you, Decibel, and you've created a character that's practically uncombatable. If other people are fine with it, then I'll allow it - and that's why I've allowed it thus far.

But if you're going to exclude any other RPer even a tiny chance to stand up against your Renegade Joker, even when they're at top tier level, I suggest that you either nerf your character right now or have me cripple him for you.

The character I intend to submit for Arc 3 is going to be a Neutrally aligned character with the potential to one-shot anyone who hasn't seen his power before. Real Aizen-esque mother f***er. I'm considering teaming up with LERNA if she would allow it.

Still not quite approaching stellar levels of power.

Itsu's other major weakness is her physical body, which is the medium on how she interacts with the material realm. While made out of heavily-enchanted mythril, and capable of shifting at her will to become anything she wants, it is how she can be stopped. Cool her down rapidly enough, and her molten physical body will begin to solidify, and turn into actual metal. She will be unable to melt her body back to normal, and due to its high melting temperature, very little else aside from placing it next to a nuclear detonation will.

Convenient how this is mentioned after Kiotso is marked for death...

Archived