YCM Network

Night

http://youtu.be/Dpjyuq8pn0c

Nothing terribly fancy, but i'm also not very well versed in Vegas Pro. Although it was quite a bit of fun learning a new program. 

Oh and have we decided how we're going to get resources around yet? I've also got the .veg file (basically the Sony Vegas equivalent of a layered file, or .psd) if anyone wants it. 

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving the new intro, Night. It's simple and clean.

I am working on the cardmaking video (the newbie one is on hold for a while until we get a consensus on what to do over it). Though I am busy with writing collegiate papers and midterm examinations, so going to be busy for a while.

Until everything sides over, most I can do for now is provide some suggestions. (Although this may not go well, depending on who's watching our channel, I might do some basic calc tutorials or something on the side [not the kind of stuff I'm dealing with at the moment])

Anyone have any pointers on how to project a clean, crisp narrating voice?

Do voice exercises before to help enunciate.  (Meaning go aaaeeeeoooaaeeooo really loud for a minute.)  Drink room temperature water.

Be calm, try to get optimal mic distance.  

http://youtu.be/Dpjyuq8pn0c

Nothing terribly fancy, but i'm also not very well versed in Vegas Pro. Although it was quite a bit of fun learning a new program. 

Oh and have we decided how we're going to get resources around yet? I've also got the .veg file (basically the Sony Vegas equivalent of a layered file, or .psd) if anyone wants it. 

You can send it my way whenever you get the chance. Any download method is fine.

So two things.

1) I've been thinking of stuff to do for this channel but I'm not really sure what would fit the best.  Any suggestions?

2) If anyone wants to add me on Skype, feel free. (PM me)  It might help if we set up a Skype call or something to discuss the channel and content and whatnot. 

http://youtu.be/afR0tk1tazs

Massive thanks to him for his contribution to the channel, I don't play yugioh so I couldn't really do much in regards to editing or viewing for that matter but from the bit I've seen it's pretty entertaining. 

Also, I don't know how you managed to give me .flv file but those apparently cannot be edited in Vegas Pro or any other video editing software it seems.

In the future I'd prefer if everyone sent in .avi files. 

I hate to be that "guy" but can we please... please... learn to edit or crop video recordings correctly, It looks tacky as f*** having the window display when recording whatever it is you're recording. It's very simple fix in something like Sony Vegas-if we want quality of content making things looks nice should be one of our priorities.

Also if some of you struggle actually talking during a commentary-do it post recording and create a script for yourself.

• If you have a shitty computer and can't record without it lagging, speed up the video by at least 1.5x it will make things look way smoother and using post commentary works well with it, also helps with not having 25 minute duels.

• If you have a static(y) microphone, Audacity has a great noise removal effect which will make it sound like your mic is much better quality, js.

All in all, things are looking okay but we really need to create a quality assurance measures.

If I've missed anything related to me... PM me about it.

@Night: get a 300x300 crop of the b970b2f01b9197a54361262d781f44e3.png and upload it as the logo/avatar of the channel-perhaps even reverse the colourings just for the avatar for the channel to make it look different to the main banner, having the default G+ avatar doesn't help with the apperance of the channel.

Wouldn't look right as an avatar, It gets scaled down way toooo much to read it at all.

It's gonna get scaled down anyway ????????? If it's 300x300 with the logo smallened to fit in the 300x300 it's gonna get smaller???

Archived