YCM Network

Night

Quick reminder for those who are creating/planning content;

Anything yugioh-related should be sent to or discussed with either Aix or Caeda as I'm no help when it comes to that subject. Similarly, if anyone's planning any art-related content you should probably discuss it with me. 

Adding onto this, if your Yugioh content has to do with Custom Cards, I probably am not the best to come to. I don't know how often Aix deals with them though, so I don't know what to do in that regard.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, that reminds me: If we're gonna use anything from the actual anime, it might be safer to flip it so as to avoid all those copyright stuff that plague LittleKuriboh and everyone else.

I have the whole 5D's and ZEXAL OSTs, as well as the PMMM OST and the SNK OST, so for me, background music isn't really a problem.

Yeah, let's not have a repeat of LK.

I can see if I have anything that's non-anime related though. Either that or it's just going to be a very quiet video.

Since I'm mostly doing card stuff, guess I'll be PMing Axi about things.

So, am I accepted Night?

He need not say anything to accept you or not. I will take the time for that and, if I see you stop contributing and further stop even feedback for very long with no reason, I will eliminate you myself.

Given that members purely for feedback are accepted, even if you had no video-making qualifications, you would be as valuable for merely your mind as any other member.

He need not say anything to accept you or not. I will take the time for that and, if I see you stop contributing and further stop even feedback for very long with no reason, I will eliminate you myself.

Given that members purely for feedback are accepted, even if you had no video-making qualifications, you would be as valuable for merely your mind as any other member.

I understand. Thank you.

If we ever use the word Torment, I'm making claims against the channel just an fyi.

Also I volunteer to make epic trailers of YCM "In a world where people like Coolspy and DestinyExodia are allowed to breed, comes an epic straight out of high school "ISLAM CARDS" Rated PG-13." 

Also updated application because I wanted to make myself feel more important:

Username: Tormented

How do you plan to contribute?:

I have run dozens of YouTube related systems and have had years of experience with it (up 6 years) I know my way around the site fairly well and back in my hayday I had a youtube video of South Park that had over 100k+ views, although it isn't much of a claim to fame it was pretty viral. Anyhow my YouTube career has been interesting but I know exactly how to work things around and whilst I'm at work I can upload and render a video or two on my computer, upload speed is about 1mb/s meaning that it could range from 30ish minutes per upload to about 2 hours, although if I'm at work this is hardly a problem.

Downloading files won't be an issue either, I've got unlimited downloads and my internet caps at about 20mb/s dl meaning transferring files across from two sources shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I have a little bit of editing skill, although it's not my strongest point and I am more than capable of rendering with multiple software (the software I own includes: Sony Vegas Pro 11, Adobe After Effects, Windows Movie Maker (huhuhuh), Premiere Pro) each of theses are good for different occasions so depending on the video and I can differentiate between them

My computer is pretty powerful, I am more than capable of playing and recording games at 60+fps and having them look decent (they will most likely be ran on higher quality settings) The only thing I will need to improve the quality of recordings are to place all my recordings onto a new more powerful HDD (The HDD I record on to is pretty odd and can sometimes be a little slow)

The recording software I own consists of Dxtory, Fraps, Camtasia Studio and OBS. Each work for different situations much like the editing software, I will be more often than not using Dxtory as it offers the most options-I use FRAPS to record things quickly and sometimes it offers higher quality recordings. OBS is more for live streaming, which I have a suitable history with.

My livestreaming history is interesting, I have ran a couple of "community based" livestreams and have died down due to the games they played being outlived, I can set up suitable timing slots and I myself am more than capable of using different scenes for different occasions-if we were for example to do a Livestream I would be mroe than capable of running it effectively (however my upload speed may affect the stream slightly) I moderate for multiple Livestreams and actively partake in being the "lead moderator" I'm quite good at leading people and setting people straight if they're doing wrong.

My Graphic Design capability may not be top notch but I am more than capable of doing speed arts and livestreaming me designing works from my shop or just tags in general-this could be useful for a couple of reasons, one I might be able to fill out a slot for the channel itself with a speedart every now and again and two if the Livestream were to take "point" I could have an hour or two slot on the weekend to do some designing and chat with people who might watch.

I have a little bit of history with server administration and my job allows me to fund a server if we were ever to have "gaming nights" on stream or for recordings, this might be helpful as it allows us to get in a private server for YCM itself.

Whilst I'm not 100% into YuGiOh's TCG Meta I could learn, if we were for example to do a podcast I would be more than happy to create and host the show and engage in discussions about anything in particular, whilst I might not be in the current meta I can talk about the old and make references to such a time.

My extensive steam Library allows me to basically pick and chose of what to record- I could even do reviews on obscure games that I own, In a comedic manner.

All in all I think I'd make for a great director and administrator for the LiveStream. 

Need anything else lemme know.

I'll enjoy watching that video (especially since yesterday's events pretty much lend credibility to its existence)

@Armz: Yeah, I asked about the 3Ds video.

(When I do my share of the video, just remind self to speak loud enough/clearly as I have a tendency to talk kinda quickly. I'll probably lay off on swearing, but if it comes out, I'll try to keep it PG-13)

Also a general consensus, videos probably shouldn't be longer than 20ish minutes, 30+ minutes is far too long and people can get bored out very easily, only a select few people on YouTube can manage to keep an audience entertained for longer than 20, also try and learn some screen region capture, or basic editing to remove the "browser" 

Also a general consensus, videos probably shouldn't be longer than 20ish minutes, 30+ minutes is far too long and people can get bored out very easily, only a select few people on YouTube can manage to keep an audience entertained for longer than 20, also try and learn some screen region capture, or basic editing to remove the "browser" 

It also depends on the content. A pod cast would be a video that could last longer then 40 minutes. While say a card discussion would only be feasible of about 5 to 10 minutes tops.

"general" was the important part of that, specifically if I were to say directly take the content from twitch and upload it (with a few cuts in between) then of course it would last around a couple of hours.

A let's play should have roughly 20 minutes per episode and useless stuff should be edited out.

There's a lot of decent software for downloading videos like Freemake and whatnot, but I think hosting vids on something like Mediafire and sending it that way would allow the quality to stay intact.

Also, I agree with Merciful on Camtasia - whoever's considering doing non-fullscreen games, emulators, anything other than fullscreen gaming, really, should use Camtasia. It's stunningly easy to learn/use and it has some really user friendly options like the snap-to-section feature.

Anyway, since my PC is s***-tastic I could at most do emulated games, possibly some older things like Warcraft 3 and the likes. I'm extremely rusty in graphics so I don't know of how much help I could be there but I'm willing to lend a hand.

I think those who are open to recording/producing content should make a list of content they'd consider doing so we don't have to worry about 2 similar projects, like let's say two people doing a let's play of the same Pokemon game.

EDIT:

Might as well list stuff I might consider doing:

Let's plays of:

-Warcraft 3 ROC and TFT

-Pokemon RBY/GSC/RSE/DPP/HgSs

-Mega Man 1-6

-Mario Bros 1-3 on NES

-The old YGO PoC games (really the extent of my familiarity with yugimons tbh)

-Really, games that I can record at an okay quality with an okay framerate

Other:

-Graphics related stuff

-Competitive Dota 2 scene coverage

-Soccer related shite

-Willing to participate in gaming stuff with others if they can record, ie stuff like multiplayer Minecraft

Quick tip, if you (like most people) can't afford or don't have a 3DS capture device and have to point a camera at the screen, use the headphone out on the 3DS to record the audio direct.

The perceived quality jump is huge.

Also, if it's okay I'd like to do some FFX videos on end game stuff. 

I might do a Nuzlocke for some difficulty hacks, much like Caeda had an idea for.

Only thing is gonna try and get a screen setup similar to what Marriland has, just to make it nice and clean. If someone could help with that, I'd be appreciative.

If we're listing our assets

Extensive experience with Audacity
Good experience with Windows Movie Maker
A little experience with composing music

Oh and if we do an abridged of a yugioh series it might as well  be season 0.

Quick note about my video is I don't know why I didn't list Hane Hane, I know the name is pronounced "jy-ro" and not "geero" but I got used to saying it that way, and it might be a bit jumpy because I edit it down from 15 minutes to 12. Thankfully because I didn't capture the cursor, you can only really tell audio-wise.

I had to record that twice because there was a lot of background noise, and I was hitting my F's and P's a little too hard into the mic. Hopefully it wasn't too horrible, though, and didn't feel really dragged out.

The method I prefer is mediafire, so it'd be nice if everyone uploaded to that.

I have Mediafire if that helps (think that was noted when yang's program was mentioned).

As for shooting the video, it might help that I do have a desktop program to record what I do [and I can crop it to avoid the browser (since I'm pretty sure viewers do not want to staring at my Latias-related theme on FF while watching)]

Well, I guess it's fine to speak of my current experience with making videos:

• Extensive knowledge of Windows Live Movie Maker
  • Decent knowledge of Audacity (And still learning more as I continue to use it)
  • Minimum understanding of Source Filmmaker (Still learning and will grow in knowledge as time passes)

I have more experience with other programs, but this is what I know the most. Hopefully, one day, I'll be able to purchase Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 so I can get more versatile with the content I make. Until then, Windows Live Movie Maker will do for now.

Also, I was thinking of the idea of somebody (Preferably me if nobody is interested) making recordings of monologues (Whether it be ones that already exist or ones that you create) so that some of us users can get our talents as actors/VAs out there.

Archived