YCM Network

Night

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd vote MediaFire.

Really convenient to use, especially if you get the desktop app. Been working on a vid with Caeda editing, and it's been really nice already, so don't see why it would be any less convenient to use it for this.

I'd suggest SkyDrive, but I'm pretty sure not everybody here has a Microsoft account. I'm fine with anything. But I'll stick with SkyDrive for convenience's sake. I'm pretty sure we can all do whatever cloud storage program we want to, so long as it's stored somewhere that it can be accessed.

Instead of beating around the bush I think we should just nominate someone to make an intro.  I can make things move but I have very little artistic capability.  

When I get home I'll record a few sample "You're watching YCM Network," clips to see if we want to have that.

I need everyone's opinion on videos that use text-to-speech voices for commentary.

I suppose if your doing it for comedic reasons then I guess it's okay but it really doesn't beat a real voice.

Currently tinkering with my setup so I can do a Play Through of a Game that brings back a ton of Nostalgia for me. Also, might end up having to just do Manga Reviews by myself. Haven't heard anything back from the other two for a few days.

Also, I was wondering. If I made a little show that was about peoples created characters would anyone be interested in that?

I suppose if your doing it for comedic reasons then I guess it's okay but it really doesn't beat a real voice.

It would certainly beat mine. I'm absolutely terrible when I'm recording myself.

I can talk to people on a Skype call or something (preferably a group), but presenting has always been a weakness.

Hey guys, I've been looking up other screen capture stuff, and I've heard of this one called LiteCam that seems rather functional. It's not free, though it has a trial version available on the website. The LiteCam Game version is available on Steam and is currently on special to boot, like, 25% off currently; while the normal LiteCamHD is available on the website for 38 bucks. I've read some reviews and people have mixed responses, but, it might be pretty functional and decent.

I need everyone's opinion on videos that use text-to-speech voices for commentary.

Don't. Just, don't. No matter how horrible your voice is, audiences will always prefer the sound of a human being that possesses emotions to a robotic translation of speech.

Unless you're aiming for something cool, new, and unique, in which case go on ahead! But apart from that, don't. Frankly, it'd just be disturbing. It isn't going to make up for your shortcomings, and you know, there's actually a big difference between fake commentary (written into scripts and then acted out) and real, actual, live commentary, just like there's a big, sometimes-unnoticed difference between fictional and real speech.

After a while, robotic speech gets monotone. As Merciful said, it might be better to do an actual voice unless you don't have a mic / you have an accent that makes it hard to understand you.

I think I talk relatively well, just that I need to be clearer on how I speak [given I sometimes talk quickly].

For some reason though, videos always make my voice sound worse. (I shouldn't have an accent though, well that's based on what you're used to hearing IRL)

If we're still waiting on an intro, I think someone should get a splash graphic, I assume Night since he has the logo (logo on some gradient background) and editors can fade it in as a 10-second job.

I assume people do have content, and are just waiting.

Archived