YCM Network

Night

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry to say it, but real life things have come up and I won't be able to devote much time to this. You might want to remove me from the list altogether.

If I get the chance to contribute content, I might try, but I can't afford much time to help this now.

Touting oneself and suggesting yourself as you are fit for position are two separate things, I'm not trying to say that I will throw s*** off I don't get anything, more I have had the history dealing with this kind of thing numerous times before. 

Also here you gain nothing with power, only uploading and rendering videos.

I say just think about who's most responsible and ask them to be the third, if a third is really needed. People who are trying to tout themselves as hot s*** come across as just power hungry, whether they are or not.

Not at all. What I would like you to consider is that somebody confident in their abilities is certainly more likely to state what they can do. And somebody who voice their desire certainly seems much more enthusiastic, too.

Please stop being irrelevant.

Anyway, I could still consider Merciful Idiot or Tormented, though Tormented is more likely given his stabler schedule. I will have to reread his application....

That being said, it is indeed an ability I do have.

Was the b****y comment really needed? =/

Well it really doesn't help or anything. It's not like somebody who sits and dreams while working like a cog transcends the ranks as quickly as somebody who aspires and expresses their desire to something greater.

Anyway, neither of us are doing too much good right now. Why don't you tell me who you think a third director should be or various criteria?

Only thing is gonna try and get a screen setup similar to what Marriland has, just to make it nice and clean. If someone could help with that, I'd be appreciative.

If your going to use an external camera to record something, pretty much the only thing you have to worry about is keeping the camera stable. I mean, when it comes down to it, the quality of the video itself isn't THAT important(I don't mean literally, of course), just as long as things are easily seen, then it should be fine.
Like, here is an example of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d37KISmpyw

...Or, to put it one way, don't stress it too much if the footage unintentionally comes out weird.

If your going to use an external camera to record something, pretty much the only thing you have to worry about is keeping the camera stable. I mean, when it comes down to it, the quality of the video itself isn't THAT important(I don't mean literally, of course), just as long as things are easily seen, then it should be fine.
Like, here is an example of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d37KISmpyw

...Or, to put it one way, don't stress it too much if the footage unintentionally comes out weird.

I more meant the border, with his team, the bottom screen in the bottom right, etc. Cosmetics.

It's a hack, so pretty much jsut going to use Camtasia + Desmume

Not at all. What I would like you to consider is that somebody confident in their abilities is certainly more likely to state what they can do. And somebody who voice their desire certainly seems much more enthusiastic, too.

Please stop being irrelevant.

Anyway, I could still consider Merciful Idiot or Tormented, though Tormented is more likely given his stabler schedule. I will have to reread his application....

That being said, it is indeed an ability I do have.

You should probably go with Tormented, Hina. Not only does he have more experience with most of the programs I'm familiar with, but he seems to be quite talented in those fields and even has more time than I do to actually practice them. Plus, he's apparently less lazy than I am, so there's that too. The only thing I'd probably be superior to him would be in writing and in animation. Apart from that, not much~

Unless a fourth director is demanded, Aix decided to put me into the position. However, this is less in terms of sheer content and more because I still retain the "secretary" qualities that entail organization. And anyway, there should be at least one female, I arbitrarily decree, so that her leaving made it easy for me.

I more meant the border, with his team, the bottom screen in the bottom right, etc. Cosmetics.

You can do stuff like that in Premiere, or anything that lets you edit videos like that, really.
I mean, it's just adding more 'layers' to the video, really.
(I forget what Premiere calls it)

If we could add the YCM Network logo in the videos thatd be cool.

Cant be done on WMM though.

Oh and if its about showing samples of works uh

An old...thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTqylqmlZXA

Since it seems we will be working in the voice acting field quite a bit with this

If need be I can help.

My "assets," as it were are as follows.

- All the adobe products (student discounts yay)

- A good condenser mic.  Sounds WAY better than USB headsets.  I'd be interested in doing voice overs. 

- Fraps

- A capture card

- A decent camcorder and a crappy webcam

Here's a crappy video I made.   I'm working on a new top 10 list that I think I'm doing a much better job on but here.

[spoiler=sample]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnTR-VlwWPY

[/spoiler]

If we could add the YCM Network logo in the videos thatd be cool.

Cant be done on WMM though.

What if it's an introductory-type thing?
Lythero, for example, just has his name show up and then the rest of the video continues as normal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5BgVsiEBnw
And if it's done that way, it can also be done in WMM.

Dude that's actually really good 0-o

DO MORE VIDEOS MAN

I'm trying, but problem is I'm a grade-A slacker.  Speaking of which, I should really study for my Calc exam tomorrow.   I stand almost no chance of passing but another student helped me a lot and gave me really good notes and I don't want his helpfulness to be in vain. 

Extrema and partial derivatives you shall be conquered!

But yeah I'm working on my Top 10 legendary Pokemon.   I have all the dialogue recorded I just need to edit it and get some Pokemon footage to show.

Edit: I have Adobe After Effects so I can help make an intro.  (If it's needed.)  What we should probably do is make a good title card, send it to everyone making videos and drop it in before each vid. 

Hell, you could even just make a cool logo thing in Photoshop and just fade in and out on it. 

Archived