YCM Network

Night

If need be I can help.

My "assets," as it were are as follows.

- All the adobe products (student discounts yay)

- A good condenser mic.  Sounds WAY better than USB headsets.  I'd be interested in doing voice overs. 

- Fraps

- A capture card

- A decent camcorder and a crappy webcam

Here's a crappy video I made.   I'm working on a new top 10 list that I think I'm doing a much better job on but here.

[spoiler=sample]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnTR-VlwWPY

[/spoiler]

Ok. This is great. Your yelling voice is amazing.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still looking for a fic to review, but sadly nothing in our section really stands out for me and/or has been reviewed already.

I posted one not a while back.

Though I guess the section isnt as active

But diggin around should provide plenty of good material.

We can always just do a wipe transition with a WHOOSH! sound effect. Maybe add a shine and sparkle effect before a speedy zoom-in exit and another WHOOSH! sound.

This is actually a really good idea and a valid option.  Short, sweet, and easier to execute well. 

You know, there is a template for Adobe After Effects that can turn any 2D image into 3D objects that can be manipulated at specified lengths, so to make the logo for the channel look more professional. It's called Rosevilla 3D.

If anyone wants to, you can check it out for yourselves.

It's a particularly clichéd trick that most big gaming channels use. I persoanlly would steer away from it.

I'm sure we'll figure out a splash screen soon enough. Maybe Night and I can get on it.

Oh god, no minute intros, don't even consider it. Heck 30 seconds is a stretch but if the intro's not shite it can work.

Also, on the topic of third/fourth directors and managers, what's the point? We're definitely not at a point where we're producing enough content to warrant so many people.

Short videos (<5 minutes) don't need an intro, let alone a 30 second one. Just keep it for the 10+ minute videos.

Also, I probably won't be able to do anything here until mid-May, when I'll have picked up a mic and some general video-making knowledge by then.

A <5 second title card is short enough to drop in anything. 

TBH I think something semi-casual at the beginning of a video could work. People who make intros for their own YT channels can get a bit more personal and put in some music or their name or some shit, but for a channel which'd represent a large user base, a title card with the channel logo and someone saying something along the lines of "Welcome to YCM Network, enjoy" would be sufficient.

Or go along the path of PokeMoshPit/Machinima etc with an intro similar to theirs.

Possibly different intros for different types of videos, like if it's a let's play have a YCM Network Gaming somewhere on there but if it's something else do something like YCM Network Yugimon Deck Construction or whatever the cool kids do nowadays.

TBH I think something semi-casual at the beginning of a video could work. People who make intros for their own YT channels can get a bit more personal and put in some music or their name or some s***, but for a channel which'd represent a large user base, a title card with the channel logo and someone saying something along the lines of "Welcome to YCM Network, enjoy" would be sufficient.

Ooh yeah with a nice little opening jingle that could be found like on the BBC or something.

The intro doesn't have to be TOO long (30 seconds is pretty f*cking long.) All we need is 5 seconds tops. TOPS.

That being said, I'm not sure a dramatic reading by me is likely. I've experimented with TTS versions and got a kick out of it, but I doubt anyone else would.

The intro doesn't have to be TOO long (30 seconds is pretty f*cking long.) All we need is 5 seconds tops. TOPS.

That being said, I'm not sure a dramatic reading by me is likely. I've experimented with TTS versions and got a kick out of it, but I doubt anyone else would.

I'm casting my vote for this option.

One little logo thing, with an effect if we want one, that says YCM Network for like 5 seconds.  Maybe you could have a woosh sound effect when it leaves.

Archived