Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Phantom Roxas

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew about the Pokemon appearing in the movies before their generation (or at least most of them), it just doesn't seem like it's time for a new generation even though it's been several years since X/Y came out.

It's also apparently a man-made Pokemon from what I read. Maybe it's a legendary?

Gens tend late 4 or 5 years. Japanese releases for reference

1: 96-99

2: 99-02

3: 02-06

4: 06-10

5: 10-13

Given that every gen has had a remake, the anime being XYZ, and Zygarde having more forms and unreleased moves Z is VERY safe to bet on.

To be fair, gen changes can often cause weird things. Like Gardevoir losing its Dark and Bug weakness or Clefable going from weak to fighting to resistant. Not to mention how a ton of Pokemon are all of a sudden immune to Dragon. Its weird how Pokemon does need to try selling us that this is an actual world while also balancing the needs of it as a game. I remember reading one of the reasons IVs aren't shown in game is because it makes the Pokemon feel more like data which is an issue I do get.

As I said, during the first Pokemon Symphonic event they had a "You caught 721 kinds of Pokemon" message as one of the visuals which suggests that Gen 6 maxes out at that number. Not to mention we've never had a Pokemon get added mid Gen that wasn't programmed in like the event mon normally are.

Well, they don't have to put this Pokemon into X/Y, it could be a Pokemon only obtainable in Z. And curious but "You caught 721 kinds of Pokemon" doesn't mean "You caught them all" does it so could be something...

And I don't really follow the "we've never had" thing. Cause there's usually always something new and different popping up. ;)

Gens tend late 4 or 5 years. Japanese releases for reference1: 96-992: 99-023: 02-064: 06-105: 10-13Given that every gen has had a remake, the anime being XYZ, and Zygarde having more forms and unreleased moves Z is VERY safe to bet on.

I definitely think Z will be released later this year, maybe with an announcement coming soon. I did enjoy Kalos and X/Y, but I thought some parts felt very bland. Like there was stuff that was left out or removed that they could have done. Hopefully, Z will expand on all of this stuff. I'm sure gen 7 will be released next year at some point, maybe as a NX launch title (if the NX has handheld abilities, not sure).

How accurate or canon are the movies? I'm sure that will probably answer some questions about Magiana, though I'm not sure if they will translate that to the games or not.

Well, they don't have to put this Pokemon into X/Y, it could be a Pokemon only obtainable in Z. And curious but "You caught 721 kinds of Pokemon" doesn't mean "You caught them all" does it so could be something...

And I don't really follow the "we've never had" thing. Cause there's usually always something new and different popping up. ;)

That would cause compatibility issues. Remember, the Platinum forms didn't work with D/P. Though I suppose they COULD patch in the data. But the same could be said of the Megas from OR/AS and we know what happened there.

I'd assume as much. You also have the fact that if they were planning for more they would have had a bigger number. Remember, this was at a point when we didn't know about Hoopa or Volcarona.

Generally speaking, when your making assumptions about something that might happen you have to go on what has been done in the past. Its much safer for things will remain the same then for them to suddenly break from what they've been doing. I'm not saying it can't happen, just its much less likely then the alternative.

That would cause compatibility issues. Remember, the Platinum forms didn't work with D/P. Though I suppose they COULD patch in the data. But the same could be said of the Megas from OR/AS and we know what happened there.

I'd assume as much. You also have the fact that if they were planning for more they would have had a bigger number. Remember, this was at a point when we didn't know about Hoopa or Volcarona.

Generally speaking, when your making assumptions about something that might happen you have to go on what has been done in the past. Its much safer for things will remain the same then for them to suddenly break from what they've been doing. I'm not saying it can't happen, just its much less likely then the alternative.

Oh that's true....I guess it's unlikely, though, the possibility is there. I'd honestly really love Kalos to be expanded somehow....

Wait I thought Hoopa and Volcanion were known but not in game yet? Could be wrong.

I guess that's true, but I find being open to surprises tends to be right more often than not. Cause there's a kinda pattern of doing something unusual.

We're doing this back and forth a lot lately. XD

Oh that's true....I guess it's unlikely, though, the possibility is there. I'd honestly really love Kalos to be expanded somehow....

Wait I thought Hoopa and Volcanion were known but not in game yet? Could be wrong.

I guess that's true, but I find being open to surprises tends to be right more often than not. Cause there's a kinda pattern of doing something unusual.

We're doing this back and forth a lot lately. XD

The public knew about them from data mining. They weren't officially acknowledge to exist until their movies we being announced. The concert acknowledging their existence (even if it was just, 2 more pokemon are coming) is a big deal since it is an official thing.

Most of the unusual is still with in reason. Like adding Megas is unusual but works. Adding Fairy was far more out there for the issue I discussed earlier.

I'm not one for speculation. When I am trying to figure out what the next move of a company will be I'm going based it on what they've done. Things like a bunch of Gen 5 megas or adding totally new pokemon mid gen are all long shots as far as I'm concerned. It COULD happen, but I'm not going to hold me breath on the matter.

Also, missed this post because I didn't notice the page change.

I definitely think Z will be released later this year, maybe with an announcement coming soon. I did enjoy Kalos and X/Y, but I thought some parts felt very bland. Like there was stuff that was left out or removed that they could have done. Hopefully, Z will expand on all of this stuff. I'm sure gen 7 will be released next year at some point, maybe as a NX launch title (if the NX has handheld abilities, not sure).

How accurate or canon are the movies? I'm sure that will probably answer some questions about Magiana, though I'm not sure if they will translate that to the games or not.

From what I've seen, the general opinion is that XY had a HUGE story opportunity and they passed on it. I've heard Pokemon Adventure has really been taking that ground work and ran with. If you want to see the Kalos story explored more I'd recommend checking that out. Z should expand on though since both Emerald and Platinum did that with their respective games. As for announcement, they did OR/AS in May so we still have a few more months before we can end up seeing it.

I'm pretty sure the movies are generally canon. Like, I don't think any of the movies really conflict with it. Also pretty sure when Ash meets various legends he has met in movies he seems to know who they are. Like when he sees Latios again the DP league.

I think they tried to play it far too safe with XY, which is why it has so much untapped potential.

More or less I felt they were testing the waters.

Though they played it even more too safe with ORAS >.>

I get the feeling that the next game is gonna be something really new and interesting. Main reason I do hope it's still in Kalos.

Its like 90% to still be in Kalos. As said, the anime being XYZ and Zygarde having more forms on top of moves programmed for him that we don't yet have access to means we should see them in the games in one form or the other. Honestly, the thing I'm interested in it if the games do anything with Ash Gren since its so character specific and even if they just use the "copy current outfit" it has a lot of variables to account for. Not to mention you have the Mega issue where when you introduce a power up for a pokemon thats part of a group leaving out the other members is SUPER ODD and I have no idea if we'd get something for Del and Ches.

Movie 8 (Lucario + Mew) is canon because of the DP episodes featuring Spiritomb (who was sealed by an Aura Guardian) and the Aura Sphere Riolu whom Ash could sense with his Aura.

2000 should honestly be canon, if only because a talking Slowking is funking amazing.

Also makes Pokemon TCG cards canon in the Pokemon anime itself, which is cute.

If they don't bring back character customization in the next game i'll be very disappointed.

Same here.

I like being able to customize my character as opposed to using the default avatar (then again, not like I actually wear all of the clothes I bought in X [which is everything available to the male player]).

But if it's still in Kalos, might still have that option (and can only hope Gen 7+ lets you do it as well).

----

Now I just have to get Mew from the event girl in Pokemon Center; had a chance to pick up a code today.

Archived