Splatoon

Lonk

Once I sorted out my whole moving to a new house process. I should try and get the YCM Splatoon band back together. *Raises his Aerospary*

Was there a solid YCM Splatoon squad? I'd like to see that in action.

I have had an interest in the game since it was first announced but only got to play it since like mid January of this year so, kinda late to the party myself.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was there a solid YCM Splatoon squad? I'd like to see that in action.

I have had an interest in the game since it was first announced but only got to play it since like mid January of this year so, kinda late to the party myself.

Yea, we had a team for a while... Then, unintentionally, some sheet occurred and it kinda' broke up the band.

I'd honestly love to try and get things going again, though, if everyone let bygones by bygones.

Yea, we had a team for a while... Then, unintentionally, some sheet occurred and it kinda' broke up the band.

I'd honestly love to try and get things going again, though, if everyone let bygones by bygones.

Who were the members?

How far have they gone in terms of Rank and Level, and what are their main weapons of choice?

Who were the members?

How far have they gone in terms of Rank and Level, and what are their main weapons of choice?

Assuming another team wasn't created after the disband, it was Agro, Armz, Komaeda, Thar, Thomas Zero and me.

As for my current Splatoon profile:

Level: 26

Rank: C+ (used to be B- or so, but I had a bad streak and have not played Ranked since then)

Weapons of choice:

.52 Gal, .96 Gal, Jet Squelcher.

I want to add that my playing skills are still lacking, and I don't have proper gears (3 slots, good rolls) yet, let alone specialized setups, but I'm working on it.

I would love for the team to be back. I have picked up Splatoon lately so you can count with me.

Assuming another team wasn't created after the disband, it was Agro, Armz, Komaeda, Thar, Thomas Zero and me.

As for my current Splatoon profile:

Level: 26

Rank: C+ (used to be B- or so, but I had a bad streak and have not played Ranked since then)

Weapons of choice:

.52 Gal, .96 Gal, Jet Squelcher.

I want to add that my playing skills are still lacking, and I don't have proper gears (3 slots, good rolls) yet, let alone specialized setups, but I'm working on it.

I would love for the team to be back. I have picked up Splatoon lately so you can count with me.

Might as well put mine:

I'm Level 33 currently

Rank B+ (can't seem to be able to go to 50+ points, but I also keep saving myself from losing the rank and so I go back and fourth within that range).

I like messing around with a Carbon Roller (especially at Founder Heights) or the Slosher (mostly at Hammerhead Bridge or Saltspray Rig) when it comes to Turf War. Once in a while I might grab something else at other stages, like the chargers which I'm terrible at handling.

In Ranked though I use a 52 gal.

Rank A- Lvl 27

Weapon of choice is 52 Gal Deco all over the place, since I love seekers and inkstrike is 2 stronk.

My favored ranked playstyle is tower since I love camping without actually camping. Least favis probably splat zones, esspecially when there's 2 diff zones to cover.

Rank A- Lvl 27

Weapon of choice is 52 Gal Deco all over the place, since I love seekers and inkstrike is 2 stronk.

My favored ranked playstyle is tower since I love camping without actually camping. Least favis probably splat zones, esspecially when there's 2 diff zones to cover.

That's pretty awesome.

I used to main the 52 Deco but I couldn't always find the right place to release the Strike without getting caught and lots of people walked past my seekers. I sucked at that set, but it was fun. Btw, I randomly found a compilation of Seeker this morning:

That's pretty awesome.

I used to main the 52 Deco but I couldn't always find the right place to release the Strike without getting caught and lots of people walked past my seekers. I sucked at that set, but it was fun. Btw, I randomly found a compilation of Seeker this morning:

I usually only use the seeker as an opening approach method, since I like charging in and swimming is faster than walking. I don't usually throw them out willy nilly, since they use a lot of ink and my equips don't help with that much. Also, if you swim right behind a seeker, you essentially have ninja swim. I have had a few seekers hit their marks, but because they're avoid able via squiding out or jumping, I tend to only use them as an approach and penetration thing. 

As for inkstrike, I usually save it for when the opp has the tower/rainmaker/zones so that way I can stop them cold with it and give my team a lil boost. In turf wars, though what you really want to do is ink far off areas that the opp has control of, and if you can do it at thge very end of the match, that's a guaranteed area that you just inked. 

Pssst...

Wumbo

3ac.png

Fair. Nearly all the matches I played I lost, and it didn't help that the stages weren't too seeker friendly, either. But the fry cook games still go on, in our hearts.

On another note, let's talk ideal weapons. My ideal weapon is a mid-range shooter with decent power and fire rate, with seeker bombs and the bubbler as a special. Anyone else have any theoretical weapons they'd wish would appear?

Yay, Team Patrick won. Makes sense to me, since I won most of my Splaftest matches, despite playing for only a couple of hours before the event ended.

As for ideal weapons... I'm quite comfortable with the .gals and Jet Squelchers; I just need more practice to use them more effectively. However, there are Sub&Special setups I would like to have. For instance, I enjoy the Splash Wall+Killer Wail of the .52 gal, and I would like to try it on a Jet Squelcher; in other words, replace the Inkstrike from the regular Jet Squelcher with a Killer Wail, Kraken, or Bubbler. Speaking of Inkstrike, that's my least favorite Special so far: it's difficult for me to use it effectively. I understand one needs practice and timing to use it to its fullest, and that it can be great on Ranked when dropped on a Splat Zone or Tower, but still, not a big fan of it overall. On the other hand, Killer Wail, Bubbler and, to a lesser extent, Kraken are my favorites, and I feel I would have fun with Bomb Rush, but I have not picked a weapon of choice with that Special yet.

The 52 gal set is pretty great for me. Though it'd be fun to try the Ink Wall and Killer Wail with something with more fire rate like a Splattershot Jr, even at the cost of shorter range.

Aerospray is a bit more leaned towards ink coverage so I could see it with a disruptor and echo locator.

Splash Wall is my favorite weapon in the game so far, a personal ideal for me would definitely involve using that sub weapon but I'll investigate a bit more on the other ends.

Aerospray is a bit more leaned towards ink coverage so I could see it with a disruptor and echo locator.

Aerosprays are similar to the Splattershot Jrs, in the sense that they are well rounded for what they are capable of doing. Difference is, the Aeros were made to be a bit more offensive/PVP oriented, while the Shot Jrs are more defensive/passive-aggressive/etc. Or something like that.

So the new Squid Sister amiibo's are new songs from the sisters themselves. I have to admit that's pretty cool that Nintendo's done this.

Also I am all ready for bring the YCM Splatoon team back together with possible new peeps if their interested in joining. Specially since I did a few rounds of Squad with Armz yesterday :P

>Squid Sister Amiibos that are basically music videos

As if this game wasn't weeaboo enough

I'm wondering if they do more then that.

>Inkling Redecos

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL NINTENDO YOUR BEING SILLY

Why the funk didn't you retool the molds/etc to make them wearing actual gear?

Oh, Inkling shinies with alternate coloration, nice!

I already have the orange Inkling girl amiibo, so this new 3-Inkling bundle increases my chances of finding it without ending with 2 copies of the orange girl. However, I wonder if these recolors will come with new mini-games and rewards, or if they will be the same as the original 3.

Yes, a Splatoon club on YCM would be a good step for setting this squad idea in motion. I had been thinking on making it myself but I'm not clever enough to come up with a cool and amusing name for the club and... truth be told, I would like for the founder of the first YCM Splatoon squad to open the club; I think it's the fairest thing to do, unless that person isn't interested in taking the lead.

Archived