[Finished]Battle Phase is The Soul of Yu-Gi-Oh! [CC Side Monthly] [NO MORE ENTRIES PLZ]

My entry:

[spoiler=]

u6bgp8P.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner DARK monsters
If this card would battle: You can target 1 other monster on the field, except the attacking or attacked monster; conduct battle between that target and the attacking or attacked monster. Any opponent's monster destroyed by battle with this card, or by a battle conducted by this card's effect, is send to your Graveyard, and is treated as if you owned it while it is in your Graveyard.

I decided to take an uncommon approach with the first, battle-related effect: attack redirections, which aren't new (see Patrician of Darkness, Confusion Chaff), but still rare.

The second effect is another layer of disruption that not only messes the opponent's grave resources, but is also intended to allow you to trigger any floating effects from the destroyed monsters (if applicable). For instance, destroying a Giant Rat would allow you to Summon an EARTH monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck if you have one.

As for flavor, the monster is meant to be a manifestation or spirit of confusion, hallucination, etc. hence the name, DARK/Fairy typing and the effect that tricks monsters into fighting different attack targets, including their allies. "Phantasmagoria" is just a more fancy name.[/spoiler]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Odd-Eyes Performance Dragon]

rJAsUMn.jpg?1

When a monster you control attacks an opponent's monster, it gains 1000 ATK during damage calculation only, and any battle damage inflcted to your opponent during that battle is tripled.

1 Dragon-Type Monster + 1 Pendulum Monster

If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can Special Summon up to 2 non-Dragon-Type monsters from your Pendulum Zone, and if you do, place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Design Notes]

So... I actually have no clue on what was going on in my head when I made this. Like, part of me says "oooooh a non-xyz wincon for PPals!" and the other part realizes that the pendulum effect really is only spectacular with Silver Claw and Pendulum Wizard. Anyway, this card allows for you to deal massive damage to your opponent, but really doesn't work at all if you aren't attacking monsters, so I guess it fits in theme. Or something. I don't know, this card is weird.

[/spoiler]

Here's my entry:

BT1TdMU.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by tributing 1 or more Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, or XYZ monsters you control. For each monster tributed, this card gains 1 additional attack. When this card destroys a monster, place 1 "Berserk Counter" on it. For every "Berserk Counter" on this card, it gains these effects:
●1 or more: This card gains 100 ATK per counter on it.
●3 or more: This card cannot be removed from the field by monster effects.
●6 or more: This card cannot be removed from the field by card effects.

How do you tribute 6 monsters?

Especially if you have to control them.. i mean sure Stormforth is a thing and so is Soul Exchange, but you'd need five monsters on the field and 1 of either or.. well, you get the picture.

or you guys could actually read the card. Go ahead, give it another go.

or you guys could actually read the card. Go ahead, give it another go.

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.  Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or graveyard) by tributing 1 or more Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, or XYZ monsters you control.  For each monster tributed, this card gains 1 additional attack.  When this card destroys a monster, place 1 "Berserk Counter" on it.  For every "Berserk Counter on this card, it gains these effects:

I am personally lost on your statement... what am i misreading? Does it also mean from hand? Because current OCG wouldn't say tribute for that...   :526110_key: 

(yes ik proper ocg isnt needed here but understanding the effect is important)

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.  Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or graveyard) by tributing 1 or more Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, or XYZ monsters you control.  For each monster tributed, this card gains 1 additional attack.  When this card destroys a monster, place 1 "Berserk Counter" on it.  For every "Berserk Counter on this card, it gains these effects:

I am personally lost on your statement... what am i misreading? Does it also mean from hand? Because current OCG wouldn't say tribute for that...   :526110_key: 
(yes ik proper ocg isnt needed here but understanding the effect is important)

For each monster tributed, this card gains 1 additional attack.
When this card destroys a monster, place 1 "Berserk Counter" on it.
For every "Berserk Counter on this card, it gains these effects:

get it now?

get it now?

But it has a effect for when you tribute 6 monsters or more... y?

by tributing 1 or more Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, or XYZ monsters you control.  For every "Berserk Counter on this card, it gains these effects:

how about you read the damn card Robin. Tribute 6 monsters you control. unless the rules have drastically changed, you can't tribute from your hand without an effect letting you do so. and there's no way in hell they let you have 6 monster spaces. as i stated, there's stormforth and such, but otherwise the 6 (or more, don't forget.) effect ain't gonna happen. 

by tributing 1 or more Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, or XYZ monsters you control.  For every "Berserk Counter on this card, it gains these effects:

how about you read the damn card Robin. Tribute 6 monsters you control. unless the rules have drastically changed, you can't tribute from your hand without an effect letting you do so. and there's no way in hell they let you have 6 monster spaces. as i stated, there's stormforth and such, but otherwise the 6 (or more, don't forget.) effect ain't gonna happen. 

Actually... stormforth only works for a tribute summon... soul exchange works for tributes in general i think...

But it has a effect for when you tribute 6 monsters or more... y?

are you people just blind or what

For each monster tributed, it gains an extra attack.
For each monster it kills, it gets a berserk counter.
For each "Berserk Counter" it has, it gains the effect.

Don't cuss at me when you can't read.

"Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.  Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or graveyard) by tributing 1 or more Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, or XYZ monsters you control.  For each monster tributed, this card gains 1 additional attackWhen this card destroys a monster, place 1 "Berserk Counter" on it.  For every "Berserk Counter on this card, it gains these effects:
●6 or more: This card cannot be removed from the field by card effects."

This card can attack more than six times if it doesn't die. It gets more attacks based on what it Tributes.

/Ok I'll stop intruding now.

BUT HOW THE SHIT DO YOU GET 6 MONSTERS UNDER YOUR CONTROL WITHOUT OTHER EFFECTS IN ORDER TO GET THE LAST DAMN EFFECT

As pointed out above, stop freaking out and read.

You get +1 swing for each card. Tribute 5, you get 6 swings.

The counters are inependent of the tributing.

As pointed out above, stop freaking out and read.

You get +1 swing for each card. Tribute 5, you get 6 swings.

The counters are inependent of the tributing.

Ah, okay... I see now... no matter how many times i read it so many times but failed to interpret the counter gaining upon attacks multiple times... ik I'm not the smartest guy but sheesh... please forgive my stupidity...

and now i feel stupid. for some reason i thought it said you had to tribute the monsters to get the effects. which would have nothing to do with the theme, but still. I was the one to make the shit storm about it, but at least I wasn't the only one to think that the counters and all where tied to the tributes. I apologize for over reacting though.

You saw we need to create a "boss" monster.

My question is does it need to be a boss monster for an archetype (and if so can it be one we have created) or can it be something that acts like a boss moster. 

An example would be Dark Armed Dragon, while not really belonging to an Archetype puts it work in DARK decks that use it.

[spoiler=Entry]

nIT4HUA.jpg

Card effects cannot be activated during the Battle Phase, except this card's. During either player's Battle Phase, you can tribute two monsters you control; Special Summon this card from your hand or graveyard, and this card immediately declares an attack (if able, even if this card is summoned on your opponent's Battle Phase). If this card is summoned from the graveyard by this effect, this card cannot attack directly during the turn. When this card destroys a monster by battle, banish it, then draw 1 card.

[/spoiler]

Kinda a bit too occupied to make its design notes atm.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived