Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would appreciate one :)

So, not as absent as I thought I would be. Might have overestimated my workload. In any case, I'll be around, but I'm not making anything until 2018 hits. That said, I would appreciate a card as well.

I'd appreciate one.

Alright guys! Your gifts are up! Feel free to check out the topic to see and maybe even comment on it.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/369377-agm-gift-dova/?do=findComment&comment=7064171

I'd appreciate one, but no big deal if you can't get to it on time. To be fair, I didn't make cards for some of you, but mostly because of inability to make something that fits. Also interaction stuff.

There's not a whole lot I'd want. I was pretty brief when giving the description. Dova, Draconus, and Kyumi made excellent cards that fit the criteria.Generally anything you'd make would be fine.

I already gave them a search card in Generator, which I will have to nerf to hard OPT due to it otherwise getting 3 searches off if you are willing to devote that much space to keeping them live in backrow.

Next one is Extra Deck, and idk about the 3rd card yet. 

====

As for when this gets posted, whoever does it WILL need to write more than just c/p'ing the Archetype prompt.

Yollohcoatl is harder to design for than I thought. Been struggling with it for a while now.

The main issue is juggling S/T zones, because as you have Continuous Trap Cards specifically, and not just Psuedo Trapmons, you can ideally only have 5 monsters and S/T total, and designing around that is tough. I had to take back a lot of my work, as I didn't see the Continuous Trap Card portion and tried to get away with freeing up the Summoned Trapmon's zones, but at least I'm still having fun.

ATT: AGM members-

In order to revitalize and get a bit more activity, it is my recommendation that everyone who doesn't already have a Legacy thread make one by the end of January, and everyone who has one make at least 3 new cards for them in that same timespan. It will help us assess one another's design strategies, and perhaps suggest archetypes to one another that we might not otherwise pick up, that work well with our design philosophies.

Let's just say I have a few legacy designs already in store from the Christmas gifts (Kyumi got another Stuffimol, Dova has Ytrium support) and some back stuff I already added for myself. 

But then again, I do have to focus on VRAINS-oriented design as well, so...

====

With that much said, another idea would be to just open membership up again to all users instead of requiring them to do Deck challenges or the contest. Speaking of the latter, it's likely going to be Sleepy coming in, given scores (unless Striker gets in solely because the other two got docked points for lateness).

ATT: AGM members-

In order to revitalize and get a bit more activity, it is my recommendation that everyone who doesn't already have a Legacy thread make one by the end of January, and everyone who has one make at least 3 new cards for them in that same timespan. It will help us assess one another's design strategies, and perhaps suggest archetypes to one another that we might not otherwise pick up, that work well with our design philosophies.

cri now i cant avoid it any longer

I'll see what I can do.

You could always back support your own stuff, and then go into generics.

That's probably going to be the floor plan for my legacy support; handle my really old stuff and then do the accepted outside Archetypes that I care about; least ones I requested addition to. (i.e. MPB and Ice Barrier). Rest of it will have to be looked into [i have some legacy stuff for a couple others, but they are Link monsters and we know what their status is in this club).

I have mine made, but it's currently sitting in the secret CC mod area until I take care of some other business (well, finish up that other card I wanted to be the first to make in the new year).

Once I'm done, thread gets moved and I'll link it.

====

EDIT: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/369580-sakuras-agm-legacy-support/

Yeah, most of it is currently stuff that I made (hey, I told you that I need to take care of my own stuff first), but I did include stuff I made for Kyumi and Dova. Will likely give Kyumi some more toys later. 

I'm honestly surprised that you didn't make yourself any Eclipse Guardian support, Kyumi- the archetype was disappointingly small. Also, why didn't you clean up the text on the Chthonian monster like I suggested? I'm trying to help your OCG.

Sakura, that MPB support is really solid, but without knowing exactly how the Deck works I can't say how it fits with the rest of the archetype.

I wouldn't make too much in the way of good Field Spell support, for two reasons:

●Anything that supports Field Spells supports Library of Sanctuary, which is a free Spell search for both players on activation.

●The Darkhorse equivalent to Gateway of the Six is a Field Spell, and Darkhorse can spam better than Six Samurai ever could on a good day.

Aaaaaand my computer finally went to circuit heaven.

Plus side is my folks footed the bill for a new phone that I'll hopefully get next week, so I should be able to be more active once it arrives.

@Dov- sorry if Yolloh's being a pain.  I can imagine that it isn't the easiest thing to design.  The only archetype I can think of that really abuses field spells is my Wanderlust archetype even though they have only 1 "archetypal" field spell.  There are a number of cards that work alongside Fields though from what I can recall.

It's getting easier. The main issue is keeping the cards interesting.

Yollohcoatl Lines
Normal Spell

Send 2 Field Spell Cards from your Deck to the GY; add 1 Field Spell Card with a different name to either of those cards from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 “Yollohcoatl Lines” per turn. If this card was not sent to the GY this turn: You can banish it from your GY; add 1 “Yollohcoatl” Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand.

Do you reckon this could be abused? Mainly thinking about the first effect.

Archived