Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

I guess that's what happens when the only check you make on a piece of trivia is to immediately look at the direct translation of a card's name and nothing else.

In any case!

There are four days left in January, so if you want to get your 1000 Points for the January challenge you need to post your list soon.

February's challenge is going to be running a mono-archetype Deck (as in, you're not allowed to use unnecessary staples until after you've maxed out on archetypal stuff), so you might want to take a look at all the archetypes we have, support other members have made for those archetypes, et cetera.

Also, here's a question for everyone: Which one card That you've made do you have the most pride in the design of?

Speaking of which, what is January's challenge?

Card I have the most pride in would have to be the one that was most well-received. So D.D. Tempest.

Also, am I doing this right?

This FIRE Cyberse-Type archetype is based entirely on hand control, hacking your opponent's primary resource apart. Yes, this makes them really open fodder for a Deck like Dark World or Fabled, who want to be discarded . . . but even they wouldn't like the other focus of Haxxers.

You see, Haxxers don't have much in the way of removal or consistency of their own. Instead, they negate and piggyback off of your opponent's draw and search cards, as well as turning their own removal effects against them. Your opponent Summons Master Peace and tries to pop a card? Haxxers can negate and override, letting you hit their Diagram. Your opponent uses Pot of Desires? Negate and override, now you draw 2 cards instead ood them. 

The only way to kill Haxxers is to take advantage of their biggest weakness: basic beatdown. They don't have a single way to deal with a 1700+ beater, so basically Summoning Jerry Beans Man can out the entire Deck if you're patient. The moment you know that they're playing Haxxers, you will stop searching/drawing and using effect removal . . . but will you cut yourself off before they feed off of you to the point where they have all their playmakers live?

As for the hand control, most of it is rather slow single-removal from the hand, but the few Quick Effects in the mix can actually shoot down a searched card when they don't have one of their search thieves. 

Run low-Level beaters. Lots of them. 

1MN8DPh.jpg

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm... It seems that a mix between Helios and Paraphys wasn't as easy as I thought.

[spoiler=Deck List (41 Cards)]

1 Paraphys Pathfinder
2 Paraphys Aleister
3 Paraphys Disciple
1 Paraphys Rival
1 Paraphys Magician
1 Paraphys Hyperion
1 Paraphys Voltanis

3 Collapsed Helios, Harbinger of the End
3 True Primal Helios
2 Helios - The Primordial Sun

2 Paraphys Selector
3 Gold Sarc
3 Inherent Universal Truth
2 Terraforming
3 D.D. Sparks
3 Allure of Darkness
1 One For One

3 Paraphys Sanctuary
2 Sudden Cyclone
1 Macro Cosmos

[spoiler=Thoughts]

Helios' monsters are just not enough and too much hangs on The Primordial Sun for that half's plays to go off effectively.  Further, Paraphys' cards are way too attached to its own archetype/Wyrm-types to meld well with anything non-Wyrms.

Honestly, Paraphys feels like it would be better off working solo with some banish-happy generics rather than trying to mix with the sun.

However, "Inherent Universal Truth" is such a strong tie-together card that it was actually what I tried focusing the Deck around.  "Sanctuary" acts as another 3 copies of IUT while also increasing the raw recursion potential of Paraphys.  D.D. Sparks is broken as usual with it being able to recover 3 banished cards (even face downs, and even opponents') while also being able to search itself and just being really good removal.  Sudden Cyclone is silly.

Yeah, Sudden Cyclone is an Eshai/DPR card, and it shows. In a banish-heavy Deck, it's honestly stupid how much abuse you can get out of it. I think he described it as a temporary Torrential that was harder to stop . . . but I think he underestimated how much banishing plays a role here.

D.D. Sparks just isn't designed very well, is it? I don't want to hit it, giving an OPT clause would ruin the way it was supposed to work . . . maybe limiting the things if can put back to Spells, and only your stuff?

True Primal Helios should hypothetically be able to have some actually decent ATK numbers if you put both your OG Helios on board.

I'm honestly curious as to why you chose Rival instead of another Level 4, like a Lucius or a second Pathfinder. Like, yeah, Pathfinder puts your opponent in the unfavorable position of losing a card during each End Phase and being unable to do much of anything about it, but that requires that your opponent doesn't have a Solemn, a Disasterman monster effect negation, or something to stuff your banished cards back into your Graveyard . . . so I typically think of it as a two-of in most situations.

Er, well, it's not that Pathfinder isn't good; it's more that Rival is actually pretty nuts.  If possible, I would have put in a second copy.  You get a free Special Summon and then a setup for another summon during the End Phase (a +2 on its own by the EP).  Then, if either player activates a Spell/Trap or effect, you can ditch Rival and pull any of the low levels... which then enables it to come back during the EP for another +2 play.  It can make for putting a decent amount of bodies on board, even if most aren't immediately usable.

Pathfinder is good for keeping momentum in your favor, but 1) I wouldn't much want to draw it, 2) its incentive for play is diminished since I'm not running the Paraphys field spell, and 3) it doesn't much help the more explosive plays that this variation of the deck was aiming for (plays that Rival would be able to make).  Even if the loop does get stopped, further S/T removal is covered by Magician and Rival can re-enable the loop by bringing it back.  Lucius is a bit too battle-centric and susceptible to removal before it does anything, while the other level 4s are a bit too reactionary for my tastes.  If I was making a pure Paraphys deck though, I'd definitely aim for a bit more of a "controlly" build which probably would be much better overall.

I see. Also, I just noticed that you have no Extra Deck. Was that intentional, or were you stumped on R1/4/6/8 you might want to make to make room on the field?

Also, it is now February!

February

Lovers will claim that they were made for each other- but no lovers can be as good for each other as members of a cohesive archetype! The February Challenge requires you run the archetype of your choice as pure as humanly possible- For maximum credit, that means no staple cards like Solemns, either!

Now, I want to clarify: If the archetype/series (yes, you can use groups of cards obviously designed for each other without an archetype name, like the Charmer/Familiar stuff, Dragonna-bugeisha, etc) you choose has a card that fills a given role, you have to max out in that before you're allowed to use a generic equivalent.

For example, Aliens have in-theme backrow removal in Telepath and Orbital Bombardment, so you have to run at least one of those two at three before you're allowed a Twin Twisters/D. D. Tempest, if you want to run monster removal in Cloudians you need to max out on Cirrostratus and/or Poison Cloud, you need to have 3 Scorpio in Predaplants before you're allowed to run Lonefire. Also, I do ask that if you choose a Konami archetype/series, you run AGM support for it so that it is recognizable as an AGM Deck profile.

I may take part in this deck challenge. Idk, it seems like a lot of fun, especially since I'm really good at building single archetype decks with focus on being true to the archetype as much as possible. Now I just have to find an archetype to use...... Do we have the Black Luster Soldier archetype in here?

A lot of stuff I made in here is designed to be run pure, so...those members who want to do this (either to get in or just for the bonus money), you can use that as a starter. In hindsight, would be nice if a lot of the meta decks were pure run instead of teching whatever side engines that've come up nowadays (though it also depends on Konami not being dumb and actually releasing enough for things to work on their own.)

That being said, I am busy working on MR4 stuff, but still doing legacy support stuff and other archetypes for this club. Oh right, and Draco, you may want to remind people about the current archetype queue for pending stuff.

Kyumi, there is "Black Luster" support in the AGM, focusing on Chaos/Ritual Summons.

I did fix D. D. Sparks: It must return 3 of your Spells, and it's now unable to search itself.

Queue:

Performapal (2/3 - Kyumi, Champion)

Odd-Eyes (2/3 - Kyumi, Dova)

Majespecter (2/3 - Sakura, Nyx)

lswarm, bar Origin and Ophion (2/3 - Nyx, Dova)

Volcanic (2/3 - Nyx, Draconus)

Elementsaber/Elemental Lord (2/3 - Sakura, Melon)

Dracoslayer/Dracoverlord, bar Amorphactor Pain (2/3 - Melon, Sakura)

Metalfoes, bar Electrumite (2/3 - Sakura, Dova)

Lightsworn, bar Curious (1/3 - Kyumi)

Qli, bar Genius (1/3 - Dova)

Zefra, bar Metaltron (1/3 - Dova)

When Vampire Sucker gets its name translated, I'll update the OP to exclude it (because, knowing the TCG, it won't have that name for long).

Also, I'd like to point out the existence of "Service Soul", and its implications here in the AGM. Its first and more relevant effect is a Destiny Draw/Cards of Consonance that discards monsters that name other monsters specifically in their card text. Here are some examples of such fodder off the top of my head:

●Kaibaman, White Stone of Legend, Maiden with Eyes of Blue, Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragon ("Blue-Eyes White Dragon")

●Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon ("Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon")

●Black Dragon's Chick, Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon, Malefic Red-Eyes Black Dragon ("Red-Eyes B. Dragon")

●Dark Magician Girl, Dark Eradicator Warlock, Dark Magician Knight, Magician's Robe, Magician's Rod ("Dark Magician")

●Stardust Xiaolong, Malefic Stardust Dragon ("Stardust Dragon")

●All of the support series for "Dragonna-bugeisha"

●Soulbound Fae ("Dame of the Sacred Tome")

●I'm pretty sure most "BlasterCube" non-Tuners ("BlasterCube Core")

Keep it in mind when designing in the future!

That's entirely right, Melon. Every LV monster in the AGM references another monster by name in its card text, so Service Soul is the perfect supplemental LV draw card. Depending on which lines you run, you'll also be able to take advantage of Wheel of Greed, which can be a huge boon.

Okay, due to the way that we set up the exceptions for the Odd-Eyes/Performapal archetypes, we don't get any "Performapal Odd-Eyes" monsters unless we vote both in. This all but guarantees we won't see the likes of Dissolver, Synchron, Light Phoenix, Unicorn, Minotaur, or Metal Claw. I'm only bringing this up in case someone is worried about one or the other. In addition, we only get "Performapal Five-Lights Magician" if Pals get in.

Here's my two cents on every other archetype left in the queue:

●Majespecter is annoying as hell to deal with, and I'm just trying to diffuse frustration.

●lswarm is just so nebulous that I'm honestly not sure how well their cards interact, and even without Ophion as a lockdown card against every high-Level Deck in the AGM they all have some spooky power players.

●I like Volcanics. They're an interesting idea, and very good with monster removal as a primary goal and burn almost feeling secondary.

●The fact that the DARK Elemental Lord hasn't been released yet is the only reason I'm not voting for them. The theory that it might have the effect of Graceful Charity does not help in this regard.

●I'm just not a fan of Dracoslayers, Ignister nonwithstanding.

●Given that we stop our spam potential at mid-Arc-V, Metalfoes are a bit too uncomfortable to think about being here.

●I've known many LS players. None of them were anything less than smug about their victories and ungodly salty about their losses. This is less a statement about the Deck (gambling.dek is honestly meh) and more about the types of people it attracted.

●[Towers Turbo flashbacks intensify]

●I own every Zefra card, I've just never cared with to read them. I don't know how they make their plays, and I don't really care to.

I've been wrestling with the possibility of adding ABCs, especially given how we mediate the TCG and OCG's lists on entry- Dragon Buster and Union Hangar will come in at 2, which might force some creativity in Deck builds.

DARK Elemental Lord might be in Cybernetic Horizons, but we don't know yet (and from their current design, they usually copy a Forbidden card that hits the opponent; Charity is technically a "self-support card" and doesn't hurt the opponent).

If you paid attention in TCG, you would see the discussion about it from the vets.

Also, Qli apparently got Towers back with Monday's upcoming list at 1. You'd need to have them back in 3 for hell to return, but then MR4 neutered them enough to not be annoying like they were back then.

I think Zefras are still Pendulum spam and do stuff with backrow. I'm not looking at 2 am.

===

That being said, while AGM can continue to exist in MR3, there will come a time where we cannot import any more new cards because they either explicitly reference the differences between the Main and Extra Monster Zones, or Links in general. (Basically, the newer cards will be near impossible to port into a MR3 setting). Also, nearly all of CC has moved on to MR4 design, even though Legacy design will exist (as least while I have a say in the matter). When the time comes [if ever], you have to make a decision on how this will affect your cardmaking moving forward.

And yes, I am aware that a handful of you are adamantly opposed to anything pertaining to VRAINS; even the Cyberse we allowed in here (least the ones that aren't specific to Links themselves).

=====

On that note, Konami probably could've incorporated Links in MR3 by letting the Link Markers just grant certain effects to monsters they point to, and not require them to ED spam to those particular zones. Then again, it would eliminate the bottom 3, and you'd end up with only the top markers (NW and NE are not on any monster right now). Or I guess "let you summon monsters in the S/T Zones that they point to" and retain the bottom ones.

There's probably some other way that they could've been implemented that didn't screw over how ED heavy decks work, but we're stuck with how Konami did it. 

February challenge entry:

Monsters

Highlander Horseman x3

Highlander Swordsman x3

Highlander Apocalypse x3

Highlander Hexer x3

Highlander Dementor x3

Highlander Victor x3

Highlander Seer x3

Highlander Guard x1

Spells

Golden Age of the Highlander x3

Highlander Aura x3

Rising Shadows x3

Castle of the Highlanders x3

Infamous Legacy of the Highlander x3

Grasp of the Highlander x3

Extra Deck

Dragon Highlander x3

Ancient Highlander x3

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/357191-agm-highlander/

Did I do this one right?

Before we almost forget about it, we're good on posting Übeldraches or still want to develop it some more? I don't mind posting it in Advanced, unless Nyx wants to do it.

I'd go about posting them in Advanced myself. Though, should we wait on Eshai, or just kind of lit his potential entries aside? As he has been absent for quite some time.

Gifts for @Mr. Melon and @@Flash Flyer - Sakura are up.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/369377-agm-gift-dova/

Also:

@@Draconus297

February challenge entry:

Monsters

Highlander Horseman x3

Highlander Swordsman x3

Highlander Apocalypse x3

Highlander Hexer x3

Highlander Dementor x3

Highlander Victor x3

Highlander Seer x3