Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

Most of the horror stories on Qli likely come from Towers Turbo when it was a thing (though TCG guys claimed that it's just added salt to the Tribute plays they can already do cleanly). They did fall off the radar after more stuff came around.

As for Kyumi, Elementsaber is the new Archetype from Flames of Destruction; nearly all of the members have Hawaiian names (so thematically, they would fit in since we got Sunbeast, Show Jumper and maybe some other stuff with similar naming). Elemental Lords, you should probably remember from the ZEXAL era. Or consider it "modulate the GY to have precisely enough Attribute members to Special Summon something and trigger". 

====

Once the queue dies down a bit, I'll nominate something else.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody else correcting Kyumi on calling Gishki a Link archetype? Okay . . .

They Ritual Summon. They're pretty old, but their old boss Zielgigas was good for fun and memes with Mound of the Bound Creator, which we have now. They also have some pretty unique Ritual Spells, including one that recycles itself, one that steals an opponent's monster, and one that forces LP payment instead of monster Tribute. They are one of only two really good Ritual Summon archetypes that Konami has created, doing the "search all your stuff then make a big boy" gimmick before Nekroz, although their plays were considerably more fragile.

Updated queue just to satisfy myself:

Performapal (2/3 - Kyumi, Champion)

Odd-Eyes (2/3 - Kyumi, Dova)

Majespecter (2/3 - Sakura, Nyx)

Mythical Beast (2/3 - Dova, Draconus)

lswarm, bar Origin and Ophion (2/3 - Nyx, Dova)

Volcanic (2/3 - Nyx, Draconus)

Elementsaber/Elemental Lord (2/3 - Sakura, Melon)

Vylon (2/3 - Nyx, Melon)

Dracoslayer/Dracoverlord, bar Amorphactor Pain (2/3 - Melon, Sakura)

Metalfoes, bar Electrumite (2/3 - Sakura, Dova)

Igknight (2/3 - Sakura, Champion)

Lightsworn, bar Curious (1/3 - Kyumi)

Gishki (1/3 - Nyx)

Qli (1/3 - Dova)

Zefra (1/3 - Dova)

Oh, also, I'm drawing a blank on what ZeXal card to feature for this month's anime/IRL comparison thread, so if anyone wants to bring up a card that changed in an interesting way for IRL release, or that had a distinctly unique effect, in the ZeXal anime, please don't hesitate to make suggestions.

We could still add Goukis, but then it'd require us to filter out any supports they got that pertain specifically to Links. I don't have to mention that the Links are out for obvious reasons. 

Draco, this isn't a nomination post so don't add it.

====

And yeah, if it wasn't clear, I gave a vote to Mythical Beasts so they can go in now. For queue lightening, let's also give Gishki and Vylon a push inside with another vote.

Performapal (2/3 - Kyumi, Champion)

Odd-Eyes (2/3 - Kyumi, Dova)

Majespecter (2/3 - Sakura, Nyx)

lswarm, bar Origin and Ophion (2/3 - Nyx, Dova)

Volcanic (2/3 - Nyx, Draconus)

Elementsaber/Elemental Lord (2/3 - Sakura, Melon)

Dracoslayer/Dracoverlord, bar Amorphactor Pain (2/3 - Melon, Sakura)

Metalfoes, bar Electrumite (2/3 - Sakura, Dova)

Lightsworn, bar Curious (1/3 - Kyumi)

Qli, bar Genius (1/3 - Dova)

Zefra, bar Metaltron (1/3 - Dova)

Mythical Beasts bring with them some solid new Spell Counter support, making an addition to the good Counter- based archetypes in the AGM!

With the addition of Vylons, Bells of Ceremony (a double searcher for Level 4 Fairies) gets its first legitimately dangerous target in Vylon Prism!

Gishki come to the AGM at full power, with our Ritual toys to make them EVEN FASTER.

Igknights blow things up in the AGM, where Normal support is actively good!

Wanted to restart my legacy support thread a year after I started the old one, but I am going to be travelling very early tomorrow and I wasn't sure if I'd get around to doing it then.  Anyways, here it is: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/370142-agm-legacy-support-thread-2-electric-boogaloo/

In light of the additions, I would like to contest the addition of Mythical Beasts.  As a whole, I like 'em and by themselves, they would make an interesting deck to try in the AGM, but...

...I would like to point out that Spell Counters have a double searcher:

Chaos Cantrip
Quick-Play Spell 
Target 1 face-up card you control: Place 2 Spell Counters on that target, then, if there are 10 or more Spell Counters on the field, draw 1 card. If 10 or more Spell Counters are removed from the field simultaneously, you can Set this card from your Graveyard. You can banish this card from your Graveyard to add 2 cards from your Deck to your hand with "Spell Counter" in their card text, except "Chaos Cantrip" (you can only activate each effect of this card's name once per turn).

...an in-theme spell searcher (granted, it has a HOPT and is Limited, but still...)

Secret Ambition 
Continuous Spell 
If a Spell Card or the effect of a Spell Card (except the effect of "Secret Ambition") is activated, place 1 Spell Counter on this card. Level 3 or lower Spellcaster-Type and Warrior-Type monsters you control gain 100 ATK for each Spell Counter on this card. You can remove 4 Spell Counters from this card: Add 1 Spell Card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand (you can only activate this effect of "Secret Ambition" once per turn). If you control both "Innocent Starter" and "Eternal Blaze", Continuous Spell Cards you control cannot be destroyed.

...and a means of searching out their low level members pretty much for free

Spell of White Magic 
Continuous Spell 
When this card is activated, you can add 1 Level 4 or lower Spellcaster-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. If a Spell Card is activated, place 1 Spell Counter on this card. Spellcaster-Type monsters you control gain 100 ATK for each Spell Counter on this card. During each Standby Phase, gain 100 LP for every 3 Spell Counters on this card (rounded down).

In light of this, I strongly think that Mythical Beasts should hold off on entering the AGM pool.

@Draconus - As I was making a card for Wyvernite, I noticed the WIND Fusion was particularly.. oppressive.  Was it meant to be able to shut down all spells/traps or just ones that stay on the field (continuous/field/pendulums)?  As it's worded now, it basically stops your opponent from being able to use any Spells/Traps at all.

Alright, but given that they're already in, it takes the same number of votes they needed to get in to remove them. 3 votes, since they're an archetype.

The WIND Wyvernite Fusion negates the effects of any S/T that's required to stay on the field: Continuous, Equip, Pendulums (in the P-Zone), Fields . . . but anything that leaves the field or re-Sets itself immediately after activation (most Normal S/T, Quick-Play Spells) or that does not activate on the field (banish and handtrap effects). It's not just both Jinzo and Spell Canceler. However, one funny interaction it has is that psuedo Trap monsters (the PKs here in the AGM) goof up on Summon and immediately commit suicide.

The real oppressive one is Mystery. If it declares a name, your opponent has to keep any copies of that card in their hand- no activating it, no discarding it, no Summoning it, etc.

Speaking of Links I forgot, what's the name of the Junk one?

Junk Connector.

Go look through LVP1 and see what Links they got in there, and if they belong to any Archetypes we let in.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/LVP1

====

Right, and Wonder Driver's out for HEROs and so is Phantom Core for GKs (I think we added them bar Seraphinite).

This is what I have for Phantom Code so far. 

[spoiler=Cards]KzuMd5U.png

>>> while face_up == True:

>>> effect_continuous(self.name)

SecurityError: Access to ‘effect_continuous’ denied

>>> effect_continuous_extradeck(self.name)

SecurityError: Access to ‘effect_continuous_extradeck’ denied

>>> _

Pfse2gN.png

>>> while (activated_effect == False and priority == True):

>>> effect_activated(self.name)

NameError: ‘effect_activated’ is undefined

>>> def effect_activated(self, monster):

SecurityError: ‘main.phantomcode’ is read-only

>>> _

MN5WNN0.png

>>> if summoned == True:

>>> effect_triggered(self.name)

>>> effect_triggered(self.name)

>>> print("kys")

SystemError: Unhandled exception ... Shutting down ...

Here's the prompt again, the bits applying to what I've done bolded.

Phantom Code

An ABC-like contact Fusion-centric archetype of DARK Cyberse monsters. The maindeck monsters are all Normals, including a few Tuners here and there. Their main trait is that the monsters have fragments of coding text, while their flavor text drop hints for arranging an entire code, as if it was encrypted or whatever. Thus, the Fusions are Contacts of said monsters that merge those fragments to get the full code, so to speak. Another interesting trait is that some of those Contact Fusions require specific archetype Synchro and/or Xyz monsters, so you have to Summon those first to access the bigger code; this is also hinted in the flavor text of the vanillas.

Since the archetype monsters are Normals, they heavily rely on their Spell/Trap support, as well as Normal support. Also, since the Fusions have the specific names of the monsters written as materials, you can also play stuff like Prisma, Fusion Conscription, etc.

There are intended to be Normal non-Tuners, which actually give the effects that will activate/apply/trigger, but my main questions is...am I restricting myself too much with these effects? I feel the result might end up too boring, but I can't think of any other way of implementing it.

Another minor question is whether the code I've written is understandable AND appealing to non-coders. The first Tuner is meant to signify a continuous effect, the second is meant to indicate a normal OPT effect, and the third has, well, an on-Summon effect. Is this clear, and does it seem interesting?

It might just be because I'm the definition of a nerd, but I understood the intent, and thought that it was pretty interesting. It's kinda weird that you're not following any definable pattern with the stats/Levels, but that might just be me.

Also, offhand, because we have Crystal Beasts, the Yubel forms, and Neos, I added Rainbow Neos and Neos Wiseman Wiseman.

I bring this up because I think that the AGM needs its own equivalent to something like Machina Force, Gate Guardian, et al: A monster that you need to Tribute 2 or more specific monsters for that is nigh-on impossible to bring out, but could be built around for the sole purpose of having some kind of ultimate superboss. However, in a game that includes Party Lord, it's kind of hard to create that ultimate monster in a balanced way.

To be fair on Dova, I did have to take a semester of C and Java (well, either one, but I went for the latter because less stuffy and was more fun). So I technically understand how it's supposed to sound like and process if it were a real program.

====

As for Draco's idea, there's technically a few overkill bosses in previous sets we've made, but unlike the Machina Force / Gate Guardian cards, ours actually do stuff. For more recent things, IDK. 

I just realized that we added Allies of Justice and didn't explain this: If you make an "Ally of Justice" card that interacts with the archetype specifically (eg, a searcher, swarmer, revival card, Destiny Draw clone), you must either specify Type/Attribute (Machine/DARK, in case you've forgotten) or make exception text for "Kaibaman", as he is technically part of the archetype.

Kaibaman's Japanese name basically amounts to "Kaibaman, the Ally of Justice", which means he's technically an AoJ.

Actually, he isn't, since Ally of Justice (the DARK Machines) are written out as AOJ(アーリー・オブ・ジャスティス)whereas Kaibaman is (正義の味方 [せいぎのみかた]). Archetype membership usually depends on the Japanese name, which does have its limitations and also includes stuff that aren't remotely related.

In here, there's no issues with Kaibaman being an AoJ because he isn't.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ally_of_Justice

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Kaibaman

I guess that's what happens when the only check you make on a piece of trivia is to immediately look at the direct translation of a card's name and nothing else.

In any case!

There are four days left in January, so if you want to get your 1000 Points for the January challenge you need to post your list soon.

February's challenge is going to be running a mono-archetype Deck (as in, you're not allowed to use unnecessary staples until after you've maxed out on archetypal stuff), so you might want to take a look at all the archetypes we have, support other members have made for those archetypes, et cetera.

Also, here's a question for everyone: Which one card That you've made do you have the most pride in the design of?

In my defense, nearly all of my Archetypes are designed to run pure anyway, so...those would be good to start with. Most you'd need is generic staples and stuff to cover your tracks.

As for the other question, I have to go look through the 1000+ ones I have saved on my Wikia because a lot of them are over there; a few of the recent ones might be good.

One card? Hm. Hmmmm. I am really proud of the Yollohcoatl set, so I am sad it didn't get any reviews, but no particularly card in there grabbed me. My Leviathans are I think my favorite set, as they are my first foray into the meta on this site, and are immortalized as such...perhaps Leviathan Primordias? There was so much tweaking involved in the WATER Cydrafinity, and as it was in 2099, so many different changes to its effects and stats: it's the one I've spent the most time on, and the one I'm the most pleased with. But I have mellowed over time, so... One of my problems is the fact that I haven't done many singles; my archetypal support doesn't feel as good as my custom sets, and I find it hard to come up with inspiration for generics, so like Sakura, I'll have to look.

A few reminders:

• Draco, you need to start submitting results for that contest; otherwise contestants are going to start rioting. 
  • Someone needs to update the Archetype game.
  • I need to work on back projects, even though I got hands full with MR4 stuff I want/need to do.

For generics, I don't really have a lot, except maybe the ones that I post in Advanced Singles. IDK. 

====
I suppose some of the archetypal cards I made off-site work, but a few of them are veering into VRAINS territory, so...

Fd17-en040.jpg

YCM, y u shrink sheet from Fandom?

(This one I like, but mostly for the picture. You might remember my previous avatar [or can be referenced in my About Me]. Also Dark Law for reindeers isn't bad, amirite? Also because last card I made for 2017.)

All grades should be done by the 31st, February 7th at the absolute latest. I've been working on them, but Eshai shunted me into a prompt that's hard to judge for. I'm doing critical analysis to the best of my ability, but I'm alone and dealing with ass guidelines. My own grading scale is hurting more than helping in this case, and that's not good.

I'll try to move the Game ASAP.

Archived