Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

Sakura, that MPB support is really solid, but without knowing exactly how the Deck works I can't say how it fits with the rest of the archetype.

[spoiler=I need to cliffnotes this]

Idea being "generate Tokens as protection/Tribute fodder" and "increase Levels enough to make Rank 7 and 10; mostly former". They also can do Synchros if you can fit them in; 9 if you Olion + Level 4 MPB with Level boosted via Token presence; 7 if you Impala + some 4.

Core tends to be: 3 Megaraptor/Harriard/Coltwing/Olion, 3 Aerial Recharge (run this for generating Token stuff to plus off Raptor), I think maybe 2 Hamstrat for revival purposes, 1 Coltwing because can be cloggy (may need to adjust numbers because version is old). 

Also Shidenka pretty much triggers Olion without teching Foolish Burial to do it, as I kinda still run this in my outdated as hell RL version. Also massive Token generator; it's technically restrained unlike with Raiten, but that's the closest we can get right now, because otherwise it'd be a lot more potent if I didn't limit it. Other things may include giving them a Level 4 Tuner to work with in-Archetype (personally, I use Karakuri Saizan for that, along with Burei for quick Level 7 Synchros, though people like teching the Speedroid engine too.)

====

With my stuff, also expand their monster presence (as they can be a bit slow in getting members out) and doesn't hurt for more options in-Archetype if you can't R7 into Dracossack; Tenpegasus is for days you don't have Tokens and Dreamwyvern is if you can make Rank 10 (and don't want to use 81, Gustav Max or whatever else at the moment).

====

Naming convention and stuff:

Main Deck members (bar Kalgriffin) - Some airplane name + common animal

Extra Deck / Kalgriffin - Some airplane name + mythical creature

That's why there's the name convention underneath, so you know I didn't pick random name from nowhere. 

Also a note to self: "Hurry up and buy Raiten while dirt cheap before MegaCapitalG, ARG or somebody finds a way to abuse the hell of it, and price skyrockets."

=====

I need to add other stuff too, but looking over what Archetypes I need to develop. Ice Barriers will get stuff too, though may be stuff I have a fanfic character using. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh. Yeah, that support makes a lot of sense, then.

I don't know who, I don't know how, I don't know why, but someone goofed with the OP, breaking just about all the spoilers and deleting Dova's member profile, as well as breaking the links to the spreadsheet, the generics thread, and Sakura's Legacy Support thread. I fixed the problem, but I'd like to make you all aware that it happened. If you notice any other errors in the OP (links to archetypes going missing, spoilers not functioning properly, cards not appearing in the rundown, member profiles disappearing), please report them to me so I can get on them ASAP.

I'll look over if anything got screwed over; otherwise, I know I document my own archetypes in signature because hell knows how much stuff I made over the past four years. (Though you'd think I'd have twice as much as I do now, given how long I've been here, but...)

In terms of new Archetype stuff, I would throw a pitch for Elementsaber/Elemental Lords given the new support in FLOD, but let's wait until Jan 13th when the set in its entirety releases. I didn't see anything specifically noting Links or anything that implies VRAINS format, but may need to look again. So yeah, this is not an official request yet, but if you guys want to push it in anyway, sure. I'm just holding off until we get everything, because Konami has tendency to wait until last minute to show everything belonging to one Deck.

(Also would be excuse to have an official Archetype with Hawaiian words in it, instead of having me provide nearly all of it. FTR, Show Jumpers are named after colors in Hawaiian, whereas Elementsaber are elements [ones that even I had to look up to make sure Konami named them properly])

So, that makes two hesitant pitches, with sustained caveats: Elemental Lord (dependant on the effect of the DARK Elemental Lord and any other support that may come in FLOD), and F.A. (dependant on if they get support in EXFO, and what it is).

In regards to my opinion of Elementsaber, my one major worry is that support for the "Element" monsters will spill over and do something dumb. In light of this, I'm reviewing things designed as Element support to check for awkward interactions.

In reviewing various things, I've come to a few conclusions regarding archetypes that must not, under any circumstances, become a part of the AGM:

●Spellbooks and Performage, thanks to the sheer amount of absurdly good Spellcaster support that Melon pointed out, would be busted. No, under all circumstances no.

●Dark Worlds, thanks to the very uncomfortable interactions they have with certain generic cards, certain Fabled support, and a few Shivergami cards. Oh yeah, and The Living Hurricane can, in the right circumstances, enable a 15,000+ damage OTK in DW. No.

●True Draco, due to the being a large variety of Continuous Spells and Traps that not only protect themselves, but also generate advantage, that exist in the AGM.

●We can have Wind Witch or Invoked, but not both, due to their existing interactions only being made more prevalent with a few powerful support cards from certain specific archetypes. Literally invincible triple Crystal Wing is something nobody wants, especially when backed up by Raidjin/Mechaba.

●Infernoids, due to how absurdly easy Graveyard setup is in the AGM: they could hypothetically drop a Tierra using from-Deck Materials to shield themselves from an OTK. Plus, I'm pretty sure one of them accidentally benefits immensely from the RDA support I made, and we definitely don't want that.

Performapal (2/3 - Kyumi, Champion)

Odd-Eyes (1/3 - Kyumi)

Lightsworn, bar Curious (1/3 - Kyumi)

I'm honestly excited to see how they turn out, Dova!

Also, nearly forgot:

Janus, January's namesake, was the God of Two Faces- So, the January Challenge requires that you know two archetypes/series! Be it TrainDolls, Predavenom, Flamlaval, or any other combination that strikes your fancy, it has to be a relatively even combination of the support of two archetypes.

To be fair, we don't have space in FLOD for that DARK Elemental Lord at the moment (cue Black saying something "remaining slots are either devoted to fillers or relevant stuff from VRAINS characters"). That'll likely have to wait until Cybernetic Horizon or something, if not one we draw up on our own.

As for the stuff that isn't coming in:

• Spellbooks: Sure, I can agree to this one; especially after the AI on YGOPro keeps bullshitting with multiple Judgment and Goethe in that Deck.
  • Performage: This really depends on if we do get Performapals, because of EMEm/PePe and stuff. But yeah sure. Also was part of that BriFu thing with Seraphinite.
  • Dark Worlds: I don't really care for them much, so whatever on this one. 
  • True Draco: (A kinda side note that Ubeldrache supports are taking some cues from this, so...) Or you can just ban Master Peace / Diagram and we'll see how that works out for them.
  • Windwitch: Would provide a Synchro engine to a ton of Decks in here, so....
  • Invoked: (Need to look over)
  • Infernoid: I don't play these, so...

I'm honestly surprised that you didn't make yourself any Eclipse Guardian support, Kyumi- the archetype was disappointingly small. Also, why didn't you clean up the text on the Chthonian monster like I suggested? I'm trying to help your OCG.

Sakura, that MPB support is really solid, but without knowing exactly how the Deck works I can't say how it fits with the rest of the archetype.

I had one made for them, but I dont have access to it currently. I can get it a little later. As for Chthonian Scythe Dragon, I thought I did edit it? I'll fix it soon.

Pretty happy with the AGM TCG/OCG list, but you know what? Vote to Odd-Eyes. New year, new beginnings. I can forgive them ^^

Can't forgive Performapals/Performages tho >.>

EDIT: Yollohcoatl is up: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/369622-agmwritten-yollohcoatl-field-spell-triggered-swapping-trapmons-1717/

Next prompt is Xage.

Cybernetic germ monsters; yeah, that sounds about right. 

DARK Aqua-Type monsters that incorporate a swarm / Kaiju-Duston style of play and are also treated as Machine-Type monsters. The smaller monsters Special Summon themselves to the opponent's field and prevent them from doing a certain thing unless the controller pays a certain cost. Higher monsters can be Special Summoned if a number of smaller members have been on the opponent's field for a certain number of turns and get stronger for every turn the smaller monsters remain on the field. There exist Spell Cards that can spam Xage monsters en masse to both fields, but that costs resources and your monsters end up blowing up at the end of the turn. 

If you like to swarm and suppress, this is the Deck for you.

No, Kyumi, you didn't.

Oki. Updated queue:

Odd-Eyes (2/3 - Kyumi, Dova)

Possibly Elementsaber/Elemental Lord, F.A.

[spoiler=A minor question]

Armodia

LIGHT - Level 6 - Machine/Effect - 1800/2000

Cannot be Special Summoned, except by an "Armodia Unit" card. Once per turn, you can target 1 face-up card on the field: Destroy that target, and if you do, you can add 1 Level 4 or lower Normal monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. Once per turn, if your opponent declares an attack and you control no Effect monsters, except "Armodia": You can negate the attack, and if you do, inflict 100 damage to your opponent.

[spoiler= The Traps]

Armodia Unit

Normal Trap

If your opponent declares an attack while they control 2 or more face-up monsters: Change the attack target to one of your opponent's monsters, except the attacking monster. Battle damage inflicted in this battle is doubled, also you gain LP equal to 1/4 that inflicted damage. If this card resolves successfully, you can Special Summon 1 "Armodia" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Armodia Unit II

Normal Trap

If exactly 1 monster you control would be destroyed while your opponent controls 3 or more cards: Your monster is not destroyed, also destroy 2 cards your opponent controls. If this effect resolves successfully, you can Special Summon 1 "Armodia" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Armodia Unit III

Normal Trap

If your opponent declares a direct attack while you have no cards in your hand and they have 3 or more cards in their hand: Negate that attack, then your opponent can choose to banish any number of cards from their hand. Draw cards until the number of cards in your hand is exactly equal to the number of cards in your opponent's hand, and if you do; Special Summon 1 "Armodia" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard. You can only activate 1 "Armodia Unit III" per turn, and you cannot activate it during 2 of your opponent's consecutive turns.

Armodia Unit IV

Normal Trap

If your opponent activates the effect of a Special Summoned Attack Position monster with 2400 or more ATK: Negate that effect and change that monster to Defense Position, and if you do; you can Set this card instead of sending it to the Graveyard. If this effect resolves successfully: Special Summon 1 "Armodia" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Armodia Unit V

Normal Trap

If your opponent activates the effect of a monster originally Summoned from the Extra Deck, and they have Special Summoned a monster(s) 3 or more times this turn: Your opponent can discard cards equal to the number of cards they control; If they do not, banish all monsters your opponent controls. Regardless, Special Summon 1 "Armodia" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard, and increase its ATK by 100 for each card in your opponent's Banished Zone.

Armodia. It's easily one of the shittiest single cards in the entire AGM, to the point where, despite having 5 rather powerful Traps that can Summon it from just about anywhere, even I wouldn't run an Armodia gimmick Deck, or the Armodia Units, because the three really good ones make Summoning Armodia itself mandatory on resolution.

At least, that's the way I look at it. However, maybe one of you has a contrasting opinion. Maybe Armodia Turbo is some really great rogue Deck and I'm just blinded by its underwhelming effects, missing out on some tech option that makes it work on some Level.

So, my question is, is Armodia any good? Could it be any good? If you could make 1 piece of Armodia support that would make the thing work better, what would it be?

Those are pretty specific Traps. I think the issue here is that Armodia itself is not good enough to Summon atm. Hooray for destruction and all, but the niche use for most of these cards and their specific requirements denies Armodia even as a memey play.

Armodia Unit, however...wow. Negates potentially two attacks, doesn't target, grants you LP, extra damage to your opponent and non-destructing or targeting removal. Wow.

I forget the archetypes I wrote prompts to, so...guess that might be on my legacy support list later or something. Still have to get on with other projects, though like I noted before, I am working on VRAINS-oriented design at the moment (so yeah, this does mean Link Monsters and stuff). 

I'll have a more in-depth review of the above stuff later. 

Yeah, Dova, the original Armodia Unit, as well as III, IV, and V (dropped the ball with II) have small niches, but they can pull off some amazing things. The first is arguably the strongest battle Trap ever printed, 3 gives your opponent the sadistic choice of "minus yourself super hard or give your opponent serious plus", 4 makes all ED monsters and most Main Deck bosses with 2400 or more ATK unable to get their effects off in Attack Position, and 5 gives a huge middle finger to ED spam Decks.

But Armodia itself is so underwhelming that not even the memiest human beings alive would run it, which means that 3, 4, and 5 come attached to the disgusting cost of "reveal your hand and Deck to your opponent", because that's what you have to do to confirm you don't run Armodia.

Before anyone passes over my most recent post in the Generics thread as being just another update post, it does contain the prospective banlist I mentioned- averaging out TCG and OCG hits, and Limiting/Semi-Limiting everything that was mentioned to be a problem that the initial creators have yet to fix for broken interactions, or that could not be fixed for a specific interaction without mucking up their original purposes.

IIRC a chunk of the cards on the list belong to Nyx, so...he needs to fix it himself. 

At the same time, I do need to add more cards for stuff in here, but outside Ytrium cards I c/p'd from gift threads, everything else comes from Archetypes that I made or pushed to get in here. The former being needed due to a lot of sheet being outdated now. 

IIRC a chunk of the cards on the list belong to Nyx, so...he needs to fix it himself.

At the same time, I do need to add more cards for stuff in here, but outside Ytrium cards I c/p'd from gift threads, everything else comes from Archetypes that I made or pushed to get in here. The former being needed due to a lot of sheet being outdated now.

Unless I made Secret Ambition, I only see two. My Numerix monster.

Here's why I hit the cards of mine that I did:

Lilliene is a very well supported Tribute burner, and the only other one of those we have is Toon Cannon Soldier (which has its own drawbacks). Put bluntly, FTKs are garbage, so I wanted to limit the possibility of us having them . . . setting aside that that makes her double float not work.

Library of Sanctuary was just poorly conceived to start with. Turning Normal Spells into handtraps was something that I never should have even conceived, especially when attached to a card that searches Spells.

Joyful Nihilist causes a minor loop, and wasn't exactly my brightest idea to begin with.

I made Traitor's Trap Hole while drunk, pure and simple.

None of the customs on the ban list are mine, so...yeah. 

But if Nyx didn't make anything bar the Numerix (though you could run the names through the check to see who was associated with them), only ones left (counting former members) are:

• Dova (I doubt it)
  • Tinkerer 
  • Tojin
  • MetalSonic
  • Yuuji
  • Garland (speaking of which, where the hell is he lately?)
  • ChampionZero
  • Octosquid
  • Belle

Kyumi isn't on this list, as I don't think any of the other customs on there are his. 

My "Gathering" series was added to the list and Petrified Soldier is mine, but I think that's it.  Personally, I'm not sure if either of them are super dangerous ("Gathering" cards because they give a passive bonus rather than actively helping, a la Supply Squad, and Petrified Soldier since it is a FLIP monster), but I admit I'm pretty awful at gauging my own stuff.  I'll leave the debate on that up to you guys.

Ordered by 1 archetype + support followed by 2nd archetype + support followed by generics.

[spoiler=January Deck Challenge]
3 Jackbot - Blackjack
2 Jackbot - Roulette
2 Jackbot - Poker
2 Jackbot - KRPS

3 Card Counting
3 Ace in the Hole

1 Jinx Hunter
1 Jinx Maniac
1 Jinx Grace
2 Jinx Assailant
2 Jinx Draco

3 Jinx Zone
3 Jinx Sparkle
3 Jinx Performance

1 Restless Night Goddess
2 Odd-Dice Raijin

3 Tri Your Luck
2 Automatic Deployment Ramp
2 Terraforming

[spoiler=Extra]2 Jackbot - Mahjong
2 Jackbot - Pai Gow
2 Jackbot - The Big Six
2 Jackbot - Rummy

3 Jinx Hijinks
2 Jinx Hexer

2 Rubix of the Six Eyes

This one was more/less me being silly and trying to keep to flavor (hence why no real generic Extra Deck monsters), but it would definitely be a cute deck to play on days when I'm feeling like shooting myself in the foot (since my luck with dice is notoriously awful).

Anyways, I've still gotta look through Paraphys since I did say I'd wanted to make some kind of deck that mixed Paraphys with something.  Gotta go back and see what that idea was...

Also, I'd like to vote to add the Red-Eyes archetype.  We've got the Dark Magician "series", but Red-Eyes was the deck that felt like it could lend itself to more interesting designs imo (this totally isn't because I started looking through everything hoping to make a Red-Eyes/Serpent Night Dragon deck for this challenge before finding out twenty minutes in that we don't have the Red-Eyes Archetype)

The initial reason Red-Eyes was given a denial was because of the fact that we had the Dragon Rulers, and Dr. Red would have given too many people Ruler format flashbacks, so now that we removed them it should hypothetically be fine.

I'm also adding Cloudians into the mix because it would give us every decent Konami card that utilizes Counters in some way, plus I've have support ideas for them for months.

Here's some random fun facts, before I post the updated queue:

●The only Thunder archetype ever created that we don't have is Watts. The same thing can be said of Pyro and Volcanics.

●We now have every Duel Terminal 1 archetype except Ally of Justice and Mist Valley. (The other four, in case anyone cares, are Flamvell, Worms, Ice Barriers, and X-Sabers)

●We do not have any Konami Ritual-based archetypes, which is more a statement on their rarity than anything else.

●Our only Konami Pendulum-centric archetypes are Magicians and Supreme Kings, which were run by the same character in the anime.

●We have every monster in the Gagagigo storyline except Gigobyte, his baby form.

●The only major character in 5Ds that we haven't borrowed at least 1 card from, either in adapting their anime cards or using their archetypes, is Crow. (Wired Machine Alpha is a pseudo-Meklord, we have a wannabe EBI)

●The only Master Rule 3-legal protagonist we haven't borrowed from in any way is Yuma, despite using cards from Girag (Hands), Kaito (Photon/Cipher/Galaxy-Eyes), and Shark (Shark Fortress, Black Ray Lancer).

●We have every LV line except Silent Swordsman, Horus the Black Flame Dragon, Allure Queen, and Dark Lucius. (Winged Kuriboh doesn't count)

●We have literally every Reptile-Type archetype ever created by Konami, plus 4 of our own (Fungal Serpents, Sorcery Hydras, Vigilizards, and Exl).

Odd-Eyes (2/3 - Kyumi, Dova)

Red-Eyes (2/3 - Melon, Draconus)

Cloudian (1/3 - Draconus)

To be fair, Heavenly Sovereign is technically our equivalent of Nekroz, so in spirit, they do exist but not really. I'm holding back on adding more to it at this time for a few reasons.

(1) Figuring out what does the Archetype needs that isn't overlapping with stuff I already gave them.

(2) Some persons of interest.

I have an idea planned for them in my legacy thread, but still cleaning that up at the moment.

=====

I guess I'll drop Red-Eyes another vote to get them in, though I haven't played them as a Deck and would give me some excuse to import generics I made in game threads.

=====

Then again, most of the Ritual decks in YGO are meh. 

• Prediction Princess / Sibylla is w/e
  • Gishki need work right now
  • Vendread is iffy (I think you said some stuff about them in statuses)
  • Black Luster Soldier (the deck) is IDK
  • Shinobirds are just a series (by definition), and yeah, Spirit Monsters too.
  • Nekroz already noted above (and likely only good Ritual deck that came out).

Uh yeah, if we didn't already add her, Sapphira / her Ritual Spell. 

Oh yeah, forgot we had Prediction Princesses. Oops. Beyond that, we don't have anything else. BLS only has 2 Rituals, and it barely counts.

Saffira's is Hymn of Light, right?

In any case, Red-Eyes got in absurdly quickly, which now means that the only relevant DM characters we haven't taken anything from are Marik and Mako. Weird.

Archived