Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm taking up the "Prominence" archetype from the Archetype game thread. I fell in love with this one upon reading it!!

In case u need it, I'm talking bout this one:

Prominence

Brilliant, burning, unstoppable, incredible!

This is a FIRE Pendulum Deck that isn't actually reliant on blowing your own stuff up! And they're Warriors and Dragons! Who knew?

Actually, what they're mostly good for is being self-replacing Tribute fodder that recoups itself in a way that even Link format can't do anything about: Each time a monster that was Summoned by Tributing a "Prominence" monster, or using it as Material, destroys something . . . one gets added from your Extra Deck to your hand. Under Master Rule 4, this lets them get past the stupid limitations put on the Pendulum mechanic, but this even serves a purpose in the AGM! 

Basically, this archetype is almost (they have a Black Whirlwind expy) entirely reliant on outside support for monster consistency, but with the help of the Continuous S/T they do search effectively, you get some very sweet bonus effects when an archetypal monster is added to your hand by a card effect. From killing your opponent's resources, inflicting burn damage, and stat drops to stop your opponent to some solid swarm effects and power boosts to aid you, this Deck would honestly be busted if they had more in the way of archetypal search cards. 

Like Igknights or Qli, they have a small bundle of 3-Tribute bosses that make your opponent's life difficult, carrying strong immunity effects and solid removal, as well as being "condistency bosses", a la Zielgigas and Zefraath, to make your position unassailable.

They can easily do all the different Summoning mechanics, but they don't have any archetypal ED monsters beyond the unexpected boon of Ignister.

I have several ones that I'm considering making.  I think I'm gonna do "of the Hearth" on page 51 though.

"Of the Hearth"

Series of FIRE monsters that focus on prevention rather than negation. They have a Spellcaster (Firestoker of the Hearth) who can search out the other "Hearth" cards. They have an Xyz Monster that can only be Summoned by destroying your face-up "Heart of the Hearth" Field Spell (which prevents attacks, period), the Elemental of the Hearth.

Elemental of the Hearth is a bastard to fight, because he can banish himself to nuke the field, and come back next turn, as long as he doesn't have Xyz Materials. And since he can't be Xyz Summoned normally... You get the point.

It's gonna be interesting trying to figure out a way to balance out Elemental...

So, here's what I have so far. I'm wondering what to do with the Pendulum Effects. I could leave them blank, to make them like reverse Igknights, or I could give them effects to add to their character. Which do u think would be best? Also, Do I have the basic Idea for the prompt down right?

Blaze, Bombardier of Prominence

FIRE - Level 3 - Warrior/Pendulum/Effect - 1400/800

Scale: 9/9

PE:

ME: If this card is Tributed for a Tribute Summon, or used as Material for a Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link Summon, you can add 1 face-up Pendulum Monster in your Extra Deck to your hand. Once per turn, if this card is sent from your Extra Deck to your hand (Quick Effect): you can target 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls, destroy it.

Ember, Envoy of Prominence

FIRE - Level 3 - Warrior/Pendulum/Tuner/Effect - 1200/1200

Scale: 9/9

PE:

ME: If this card is Tributed for a Tribute Summon, or used as Material for a Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link Summon, you can add 1 face-up Pendulum Monster in your Extra Deck to your hand. Once per turn, if this card is sent from your Extra Deck to your hand (Quick Effect): you can add 1 “Prominence” Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand.

Blade, Soldier of Prominence

FIRE - Level 4 - Warrior/Pendulum/Effect - 1900/1000

Scale: 1/1

PE:

ME: If this card is Tributed for a Tribute Summon, or used as Material for a Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link Summon, you can add 1 face-up Pendulum Monster in your Extra Deck to your hand. Once per turn, if this card is sent from your Extra Deck to your hand (Quick Effect): you can destroy 1 monster your opponent controls.

Arrow, Archer of Prominence

FIRE - Level 4 - Warrior/Pendulum/Tuner/Effect - 1500/1000

Scale: 1/1

PE:

ME: If this card is Tributed for a Tribute Summon, or used as Material for a Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link Summon, you can add 1 face-up Pendulum Monster in your Extra Deck to your hand. Once per turn, if this card is sent from your Extra Deck to your hand (Quick Effect): Inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent.

I'm still working on the dragons, don't worry. They'll be in here.

For the most part, yes, though before someone blows a fuse, remove the Link Summon part from the cards for this club's purposes. IDK, you can give the Dragons some Pendulum effects and leave the Warriors as-is. Ultimately, it's your design.

Also, make sure you contribute something to Übeldraches if you want to be credited with it, @.

Kyumi, protip- If you want to get around the existence of the MR3 barrier around the AGM, but still think of how it could apply to current YGO, here's a variation on a clause that several members have already used:

"If this card is Tributed or used as Material for a Summon: You can add 1 face-up Pendulum monster from your Extra Deck to your hand."

Also, the way that the last clause works defuses the OPT, because it goes to your hand (not a public knowledge location). Did you intend to give it a hard once per turn clause (You can only use this effect of this card's name once per turn), where each name can only resolve its effect once?

That's going to be a difficult prompt to get right, and I hope you pull it off.

I technically used that clause for MPB Shidenka to avoid explicitly mentioning Links (and possible futureproofing). The literal reason why we don't have Raiten. 

As for the other thing, Kyumi's wording implies a soft OPT. If he wanted a hard one, it'd have the restriction at the start/end; depending on style. But ask him. 

====

I need to get to a project, but again, balancing out MR4 design with this club; also having to deal with 3 WI courses for 300-level sucks.

How does one get notified when they've been tagged?  I just noticed Nyx tried tagging me a couple days ago.

^ I typically use that clause just because it is neater shorthand than listing all the E. Deck summons and it encompasses any other type of mechanic used in the future.

[spoiler=On the Prominence Cards thus far]

I think the wording on the Prominence cards might be "added" from ED to hand, rather than "sent".  It sounds a bit awkward as it is, but I don't know if there is any real card with that condition so *shrug*.

I don't think "Quick Effect" needs to be on the effects because it is a trigger effect that isn't responding to anything (i.e. all of the effects shown are ones that begin their own chain link).  Think Burning Abyss: Farfa's effect can be used on either player's turn, but it isn't considered a quick effect, just a trigger effect that can happen on either player's turn.

Finally, I think Draco is right on slapping HOPTs on them.  A soft "Once per turn" only works on the field.  Once a card is removed from the field, it can use that effect again.  A hand-trigger can't be held to a soft OPT.

Overall, though, I think they're pretty close to what the prompt said, but there's one aspect you're missing; the prompt says that the when the monster they're used as material destroys something, then they trigger and add stuff to the hand whereas these just add to the hand when used as Material.  Was that intentional?

[spoiler= Melon's point on hand addition]

Here's that clause, in case you don't want to go through the difficulty of PSCT drafting:

"If a card that was Summoned by Tributing this card, or using it as Material for a Summon, destroys a card(s) on the field (by battle or its own effect): You can add 1 face-up Pendulum monster from your Extra Deck to your hand."

As for my current card design projects (which are progressing significantly faster than grades for the contest, because critical thinking takes up a lot of processing power in my head . . . which is currently feeling the effects of a flu):

On Dova's recommendation, I'm putting work into "Lunar Breaker", an equip-based prompt

[spoiler= Lunar Breaker]

Lunar Breaker

A series of monsters that are capable of doing amazing things... if they get off the ground.

They are an archetype that revolves around equip spells. If they are equipped with none, they are treated as Normal Monsters with fairly pathetic original ATK, however the more equips are equipped to them, the more effects they unlock and the greater their ATK and DEF grows. For consistency, their 1-Equip effect is usually along the lines of swarming or adding cards to the hand. As a win condition, when any Lunar Breaker has 5 Equips, they can nuke the field and then get 5 attacks. The biggest problem with it all? They have no in-archetype equips.

Their Spell/Trap line-up consists of a single field spell which works as generic equip spell support, and traps which offer the ability to be temporarily equipped to a monster and have floating effects when destroyed while face-up.

In addition, I'm doing a side project based on working with a few unfortunately pushed-aside gimmicks, which I'm currently dubbing "Intergaluster" (although that name is subject to change because it sounds really freaking stupid). Anyone who wants to help can feel free to message me on them, and I can show off the stuff I've got for them so far.

@Mr. Melon

There's an option in Notification settings that lets you toggle whether users can mention you (like I just did) or not. You'll get a notification saying "(member) has tagged you in [insert post or status]".

(Though apparently it doesn't count spacing or something, /shrug)

As for club projects, yeah, gotta check the queue of stuff I said I'd work on.

====
Also for Kyumi, hopefully you got the notification about working on Ubeldraches. Otherwise, Nyx is probably posting them later.

You did. I'm just doing Deck analysis to see if everything works together. You're probably getting your 1000 Points the same time that the contest people are getting final grades- whenever this damned flu ends and my brain is able to function on all cylinders again.

Alrighty. Get well soon.

Also for Kyumi, hopefully you got the notification about working on Ubeldraches. Otherwise, Nyx is probably posting them later.

I got the notification about them. I need to work on some things for them, but I might as well go ahead and do it as support in my legacy support thread. Nyx, u can go ahead and post them.

I'll be posting them this weekend.

How does one get notified when they've been tagged? I just noticed Nyx tried tagging me a couple days ago.

Sakura's registered, but I don't think yours did, as the text didn't change font.

Reminder that anything without design notes in Advanced will get moved on sight to Casual until you add them.

You did read the announcements at the top of the section that say this, right?

iU8EggM.png

In my case, going to be crossing between legacy support for that thread, and also Master Rule 4 stuff.

I know Sakura. There are design notes there. If you read the text, you'll read that I did indeed provide design notes, and not just explain how the archetype works.

I know Sakura. There are design notes there. If you read the text, you'll read that I did indeed provide design notes, and not just explain how the archetype works.

I was referring to Champion, not you. 

iU8EggM.png

On another note, yeah, welcome @@Sleepy to the AGM. And now, you got another YCM veteran besides me.

Archived