Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

And there's the thing about not being oldest member in here, age or member duration, but hey, it's nice having another vet. Now to badger Striker into doing Deck challenge for the month, then AGM gets another veteran.  

So yeah, @@Sleepy, stuff on the to-do list:

• Fill out the entry form and stuff on the first post.
    • Member Name
      Weaknesses:
      Strengths:
      Trivia:
  • Look for an archetype from the game you'd like to do. Chances are that the one you want hasn't been done. (As a sidenote, most of the time, these get tagged as LEGACY because AGM functions in MR3, but you can keep them for standard if they work both ways)
    • This also doesn't bar you from designing MR4 stuff outside this club, like Dova and I are doing.
  • Post the stuff you made in Advanced (in terms of the contest)
  • Legacy support thread (which is essentially "design back supports for any archetypes we got in here, either member-based or Konami approved"). You can get to this one later.

Right, and if you want to add some of your outside stuff, you can also submit them (by linking to them), but they require member approval from us as a whole. 

iU8EggM.png

P.S. If we didn't add in the "Galaxy" archetype along with "Photons", I'd like to request them now. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queue:

Performapal (2/3 - Kyumi, Champion)

Odd-Eyes (2/3 - Kyumi, Dova)

Majespecter (2/3 - Sakura, Nyx)

lswarm, bar Origin and Ophion (2/4 - Nyx, Dova)

Volcanic (2/3 - Nyx, Draconus)

Elementsaber/Elemental Lord (2/3 - Sakura, Melon)

Dracoslayer/Dracoverlord, bar Amorphactor Pain (2/3 - Melon, Sakura)

Metalfoes, bar Electrumite (2/3 - Sakura, Dova)

Lightsworn, bar Curious (1/3 - Kyumi)

Qli, bar Genius (1/3 - Dova)

Zefra, bar Metaltron (1/3 - Dova)

Galaxy, bar all related Numbers (1/4 - Sakura)

When Vampire Sucker gets its name translated, I'll update the OP to exclude it (because, knowing the TCG, it won't have that name for long).

Mind reminding us who you were, Tricky?

ATT: @@Sleepy

Above is the "queue", wherein archetypes and series that Konami made can be approved for AGM use once the sim goes up.

Here's how it works:

Single cards can be added at will, by any member.

A series, defined here as a group of cards with a common theme in naming or design, but no card that refers to them by name as a group (Dragon Rulers, Digital Bugs, the Book Quick-Play Spells, the Goyo ED lineup), requires 2 votes to get in.

An archetype, any group of cards with a common core card (a searcher, a name-specific revival card, an archetypal Foolish, etc) requires 3 votes.

A super-archetype, which contains a defined sub-archetype with its own support, requires 4 votes.

An umbrella archetype, which contains defined members of multiple archetypes (Numbers, for example, alright they specifically are barred due to the existence of the AGM's own Numerix), require 5 votes.

For things created by members that didn't come from the Game or a member prompt, all of the above applies, minus one vote (as it is assumed that the creator voted for their own stuff- however, that means you can't vote for your own creations, only bring them up).

Anyone can propose an archetype, and once an archetype has gotten in it requires the same number of votes to remove if we decide it was a bad idea to add it.

Mind if I join?

Perry Ellis.

Weaknesses: Card Art, Gauging card strength

Strengths: creativity, can design cards within the current meta

Trivia: Links just recently brought me back into the game

Unless Draco changed the policy (which I highly doubt), you have to do the Deck challenge to get in. IIRC for February, you're supposed to make a "pure" Deck based on one of the Archetypes we got in here.

You can post it in this thread.  Draco'll review it.

We have cards from Konami and our own thread of "generics" that you can pull from as well (hyperlink to the latter in the OP), but the main thing is to try to even use in-archetype alternatives and overall as many cards from the archetype as possible.

What they said.

The deck must be as pure as possible- you can't run a generic until you've maxed out on any archetypal cards that do something similar (ie, you're not allowed any MST/TwiTwi/D. D. Tempest in an Alien build until you've run every available copy of Mars and/or Orbital Bombardment).

The OP has a list of all of Konami's cards we've added, the Generics thread has a lot of options, and there are a lot of AGM cards that do a lot of interesting things.

I think I'm gonna do "Sea of Chaos" next

Sea of Chaos

An archetype of WATER spellcasters and FIRE fish. A loose collection of cards that occur effects when banished. They dont have names in common, so searching is difficult. What ties them together is the field spell "Sea of Chaos". It functions as a macro cosmos as well as boosting the attacks of xyz monsters, which the archetype uses. While "Sea of Chaos" is on the field, a lot of the monsters gain additional effect. The low level monsters are based off fishermen and focus on banishing WATER and FIRE monsters. The high level monsters are FIRE fish that can be normal summoned from the banished zone if "Sea of Chaos" is on the field. They have fair attack and focus on bringing back banished WATER and FIRE monsters in order to swarm. The big boss is a rank eight xyz with abilities similar to "Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning".

Queue:

Performapal (2/3 - Kyumi, Champion)

Odd-Eyes (2/3 - Kyumi, Dova)

Majespecter (2/3 - Sakura, Nyx)

lswarm, bar Origin and Ophion (2/4 - Nyx, Dova)

Volcanic (2/3 - Nyx, Draconus)

Elementsaber/Elemental Lord (2/3 - Sakura, Melon)

Dracoslayer/Dracoverlord, bar Amorphactor Pain (2/3 - Melon, Sakura)

Metalfoes, bar Electrumite (2/3 - Sakura, Dova)

Lightsworn, bar Curious (1/3 - Kyumi)

Qli, bar Genius (1/3 - Dova)

Zefra, bar Metaltron (1/3 - Dova)

Galaxy, bar all related Numbers (1/4 - Sakura)

Going to leave this here as a reminder of the current Archetype queue. I'd nominate another one, but let's wait for this to shrink before doing so. 

Uh, you know what, I'll just vote Volcanics in to lessen things. I don't think they'll end up being too busted, but you guys might've already broken it on your own accords.

That's fine, a lot of us have lives outside this club so...no big deal.

I haven't made any new cards due to a ton of lab reports I have to write (even if they're group-oriented in certain cases) and handling other stuff, including VRAINS design. I can't stress the fact enough that yeah, I have to know how sheet functions right now. Though it doesn't help YGOPro doesn't have a Link version for Linux, mine is outdated or the fact Duel Portal has some issues. 

(Also because I'd rather not use DuelingBook because you know about some players there)

Kyumi, the funny thing is that we do have some solid Union monsters and support for them in the AGM. Dandao is a Rock-Type Pendulum archetype that is almost entirely Unions, Penumbral Fair has a solid number of Unions, and there are a good number of random Unions in the Generics thread last I checked.

Still, "of Dorado" is definitely a solid archetype by Union standards. Not ABC levels of UNLIMITED POWER, but pretty damned good.

Offhand, Wiretugs in the Generics thread are probably the most solid Flip monsters I've ever made, and I'm willing to bet that if I had taken then seriously I could have made a pretty decent Rank 2/Synchro 4 archetype with unbelievable comeback ability. I'm thinking about giving them their due, but I'm focusing on Lunar Breaker and Intergaluster (still a really dumb name, but I can't think of another fitting one atm) for now.

I mean, the biggest problem with the Deck, like with a lot of your archetypes in general, is the tendency towards bad brick hands. I can excuse you for that one, though.

So, looking at the Diabolos retrain and its support, I do want them to be a part of the AGM- so, once we get the pack in April and confirm the TCG names, I'm likely going to add them in. They'll be a great companion to the Sclera Guild archetype thanks to their similar focus on Tributing DARK monsters for effects, and they'll add some new gameplay quirks to our card pool. I mention this just to confirm that, yes, I pay attention in TCG/OCG Card Discussion, and I do make additions based on things that we might benefit from in some way.

Mm.. I admittedly was hesitant about the Diabolos stuff, mostly because that field spell basically outclasses Kaijus and we don't even have the latter here, but looking through our generics pool, I was pleasantly surprised to find that we don't have a ton of stuff that has tributing as a cost.  The rest of the revealed stuff is fine imo, so I'd think they'd be perfectly alright if added.

Skyfangs, as shown thus far, doesn't seem too overbearing.  I'll hold off on voting for 'em until we see all their cards though.

Archived