Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, my support has expanded quite a lot, so feel free to give a look-see.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/362169-draconuss-agm-legacy-support-thread/?p=6989438

Also, Tink, are you going to be doing your "Arc-V Sclera Guild" stuff in your regular Legacy thread?

Well damn, those are some mighty fine Nightmare Engines, my man! Mind if I add those to the original location?

Also, since these last two weeks have been so hectic that Sakura took over Xyz, I guess I don't really have anything to contribute there. Back to the Wicked Candles!

Well, I mean, our ace is still a Level 7 monster, with no Xyz for it particularly to go into. Maybe you can make a Rank 7 based on one of Shark or Kaito's cards, or fan-favorite Numbers like Volcasaurus, Big Eye, Silent Honor ARK, or Masquerade? A RUM? An expy for Utopic Dragon? A Gagaga Mancer to help Xyz plays? Something based on Yuma's manga stuff (Future Champion has roots in Gorz, for example)?

I only provided the Utopia equivalent for this Archetype in terms of Xyz; you guys can do other stuff. (Well, I gave the 5Ds one too)

And now that the YCM Mod Project is done (and given certain members jabroniing about decisions, it's probably best that I cap it where it is now), I'm moving on to Dragon Firefighters or whatever I had as a list on page 105.

• Dragon Firefighter (WATER Dragon)
  • TRON Zoo (LIGHT Beast-Type Links; let's see how that goes)
  • Windy (because I need an excuse to make legacy Majespecter 2.0)
  • Kirin Ranger (remind me what Champion put as a prompt)
  • Y-Gear (Gofu/Foolish Burial had babies in a machine, and the screw Links)

Dragon Firefighter

Think Ally of Justice . . . except better. And dragons.

Specifically, this archetype is WATER Dragons designed completely to fight FIRE archetypes, mostly by killing off the more popular tactics and design details of FIRE archetypes. They achieve this by not only getting battle boosts and lockdown tactics against FIRE monsters, but also by OPT blocking Normal Spells (like, say, Rekindling) and a few effects that slaughter anything with 1000 or less DEF (most FIRE monsters in general, especially if they want to use Rekindling).

They really, really like their Xyz Summon, and their Xyz monsters can stack atop one another freely (think somewhere between the Galaxy-Eyes ED engine and Zoodiac in intent, and more the former in speed- they mostly do it to keep a boss with mats on the field at all times).

Because of their design, they do their job very well, and can even kill the occasional Deck they weren't explicitly designed to fight, like Monarchs (low DEF) or slower Fusion builds (reliance on a single Normal Spell).

TRON Zoo is a Link engine comprised of LIGHT Beast monsters. Once summoned, they summon a token that can only be used for a link summon. The monsters are all low level, but the links are moderately high in requirement. If the links successfully best a monster in combat, they add the TRON Zoo monsters in your graveyard to your hand. Their spells are all continuous and search out other TRON Zoo monsters each time a monster is link summoned. However, the link monsters destroy monsters with more than 2000 ATK in their linked zones.

Y-Gear

Machine-Type monsters that focus on the Phantom Synchro concept Crow had in ARC-V using Gofu. They have an ED equivalent of Foolish Burial in which their bosses are milled from the Extra to the Graveyard, in which case the Deck plays normally and Synchro Summons from the Graveyard in the MAIN Monster Zone (as they can do in the ARC-V format). They can also Synchro Summon normally and can easily switch in-between the methods for ARC-V, but come VRAINS, you'd want to be doing Phantom Synchros much more often for obvious reasons. Also the fact they punish any monsters without a Level, so...Xyz and Links can go screw themselves in the corner. 

(inb4 someone calls this Deck out for developing a loophole to evade the VRAINS mechanics; also screw Mega Zaborg and Fuyu in the mirror.)

Windy

As their name might imply, WIND monsters that focus on repeatedly bouncing cards on the field en masse to the hand (so Divine Wind is a very good tech here). The monsters aren't too terribly powerful, but what they lack in brute force, they make up for in keeping the opponent's field devoid of anything (important). Once you come to the Extra Deck, the monsters become much more formidable and even start keeping the players' hands at bay. Similar to Majespecters, they possess a variety of backrow Traps that are extremely reactive to the opponent's cards. Oh, and they just conveniently happen to be Spellcasters too (for the most part), so more supports.

Just make sure the opponent doesn't hate you at the end, especially if you choose to run a hybrid Windy/Majespecter build as one of the core members here can/will search any WIND Spellcaster of your choosing.

Kirin Ranger

This is as it sounds. They're LIGHT Beast-Warrior Fusions who can separate into a Beast-Type Kilin monster and a Warrior-type Ranger monster, with the ability to recombine with a Kilin/Ranger to summon their Fusion forms, free of charge! It's a tough gimmick to ride with, but the Fusions have awesome effects in response to being Special Summoned, so it's worth the effort to split 'em up and recombine 'em! Restrictions apply, but not a lot.

TRON Zoo will probably an outside thing that I make to see how well I can do a VRAINS deck; not for in here due to the Link thing. Rest of them can do whatever.

I think you could have fun with ".web" or "Zoodystopia" (at the bottom of this page), and there's an idea I had recently that I would do myself, but I can't think of a name for:

[spoiler=that idea]

A Fairy-Type Synchro archetype with some pretty decent swarming capability, who each have effects that trigger if they hit the Graveyard, or if they get banished. They take some inspiration from Crystrons' absurd ability to recur and Synchro on the opponent's turn, some from cards like Blackwing Vayu or the Phantom Synchro concept (Synchro Summoning by banishing Materials from the Graveyard), and some from old Synchro goodstuff like Doppelwarrior or Spore. Their Main Deck is low-power across the board, so if your opponent locks you out of your Synchro plays, you're screwed, and every member is weak enough to be run over by freaking Magician's Valkyria. That said, they have some pretty solid toolbox Synchros between Levels 6 and 9 . . . and a pair of complementary bosses at Level 10, named after the King and Queen of the Fae, Oberon and Titania, respectively. Oberon can Special Summon himself from the Graveyard by banishing an archetype member from the Graveyard, and Titania can bring herself back from being banished by putting an archetype member from the Banished Zone back in the Graveyard. Tl;dr, together they're effectively immortal, and that's not counting their absurdly high stats for Synchro standards, and supremely solid effects . . . if it weren't for needing both archetype Tuners and archetype non-Tuners, and their Levels being a little awkward for their own archetype, they'd actually be almost too good.

I think you could have fun with ".web" or "Zoodystopia" (at the bottom of this page), and there's an idea I had recently that I would do myself, but I can't think of a name for:

[spoiler=that idea]

A Fairy-Type Synchro archetype with some pretty decent swarming capability, who each have effects that trigger if they hit the Graveyard, or if they get banished. They take some inspiration from Crystrons' absurd ability to recur and Synchro on the opponent's turn, some from cards like Blackwing Vayu or the Phantom Synchro concept (Synchro Summoning by banishing Materials from the Graveyard), and some from old Synchro goodstuff like Doppelwarrior or Spore. Their Main Deck is low-power across the board, so if your opponent locks you out of your Synchro plays, you're screwed, and every member is weak enough to be run over by freaking Magician's Valkyria. That said, they have some pretty solid toolbox Synchros between Levels 6 and 9 . . . and a pair of complementary bosses at Level 10, named after the King and Queen of the Fae, Oberon and Titania, respectively. Oberon can Special Summon himself from the Graveyard by banishing an archetype member from the Graveyard, and Titania can bring herself back from being banished by putting an archetype member from the Banished Zone back in the Graveyard. Tl;dr, together they're effectively immortal, and that's not counting their absurdly high stats for Synchro standards, and supremely solid effects . . . if it weren't for needing both archetype Tuners and archetype non-Tuners, and their Levels being a little awkward for their own archetype, they'd actually be almost too good.

I think I'd like to do the latter one. For name, I have a few suggestions:

Elfhelm

Faerie

Fairywood

Fairydust

I was going to do three months straight of member spotlights. I could roll now for whose stuff you'd have to design using . . . however, I was honestly hoping I could see more attempts at this one, because I know Nyx was working on a build of something.

[spoiler= I just did]

It's Dova.

Wicked Candles!

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/363548-wicked-candles-setting-the-mood-for-malice-agm-written/

Next I'm thinking I want some variety. How about Assault Knight?

A stalwart group of EARTH Pyro-type monsters. The archetype's monsters are all Gemini, with different very powerful effects once they become effect monsters. However, they are also quite dangerous outside that as every single monster is a 1000 ATK/DEF Kalut while in the hand.

They hit the Extra Deck Trifecta of a single Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz that are all pseudo-generic and help both aspects of the Assault Knights' playstyle.

EDIT: Um. Are they supposed to be Earth Pyro? That... doesn't make sense to me, I apologize.

I'm going to start on Jurassic Dragon:

Jurassic Dragon

Primitive, powerful, and downright terrifying, Jurassic Dragons take pointers from late DM/early GX on making a Deck work almost regardless of the Extra Deck. You toss out big frickin' dragons at every opportunity, ignoring the backrow and barely touching the ED. It's essentially a cluster almost entirely made up of bosses, with a wide variety of ways to get field presence: CyDra clauses, optional Tribute skip, Chaos-esque Summoning conditions, equivalents to Mali, Faultroll and Meklord Emperors . . . and then, of course, you use the big monsters you just tossed out to beat face, and occasionally use some simple removal effects. They occasionally have mild protection, but in the end you have no real reason for it. Their effects generally amount to additional ways to build field presence (via Dr. Red, Divine Dragon Felgrand, and Batteryman Charger style effects), or ways to get damage dealt stupid fast (DRXD, Dreadmaster, multiple-attacking, Guardian Baou-style effects) . . . and their concise ED is composed of improved wannabes of the most powerful DM and GX era monsters- CED, Gyzarus, and even a Rainbow Neos clone! However, your only in-archetype consistency cards are a Destiny Draw-esque card, a Field Spell halfway between Malefic World and Geartown, and a counterpart to Tuning . . . so either you open well or you die.

Can anyone remind me of the most powerful monsters from the DM/GX era, except the ones mentioned in the prompt?

Probably his own thinking process in that it breaks usual tradition, but otherwise there is nothing wrong with it (and eventually something like that is needed). To be fair, volcanoes are technically mountains associated with earth, but just have fiery cores. Or Earth Pyro-Type confused him [should've been obvious that EARTH is an Attribute].

I mean, we have FIRE Aqua-Type monsters; how contrary can you get with those?

===

@Draco: As far as powerhouses from the two gens Yugioh genwunners don't complain about (uh, does there even exist an equivalent term for Yugioh fans who hate 5Ds and beyond?)

• God cards
  • Blue-Eyes (well, just vanilla because we know Kaiba didn't get support until ARC-V)
  • Judgment Dragon (still relevant)
  • Dark Armed Dragon
  • VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon
  • Magician of Black Chaos / BLS
  • Valkyrion (well, just make it a quick powerhouse that can float into 3)
  • Cyber End Dragon
  • Divine Serpent Geh (only b/c infinite ATK and stuff / anime)
  • Ancient Gear Golem

uh, does there even exist an equivalent term for Yugioh fans who hate 5Ds and beyond?

I think the term Fusionists can sum them, as they are only angry at the mechanics that were added in 5Ds onward AND they come from the time where the Extra Deck was called the Fusion Deck.

Also, did I read correctly? The Extra Deck Monster Zone ONLY houses monsters FROM the Extra Deck, but the Main Deck Zone holds monsters from EVERYWHERE ELSE? Oh, gee... I can see tones of un-burials in the way...

Yeah, the new EMZs can only hold monsters that were Summoned from the ED, and you can't Summon Extra Deck monsters anywhere except in Linked Zones or the EMZ, unless you're reviving them from the Graveyard/Banished Zone. Which unfortunately kills Pendulums as a mechanic almost entirely, on top of the "No Pendulum Summon on your first turn" rule change.

This is why the AGM is a legacy format- because, quite bluntly, f**k that.

Archived