Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

Well, I just tossed in a bunch more (most of which are technically final bosses for their respective generations). Think the Main Deck stuff is still open, unless Draco covered all those bases. We are lacking a lot in support Spell/Traps though.

Also, for cards that have long vowels, just substitute the circumflex vowels for them. They will work on the cardmaker.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I am pretty sure Tinkerer's thread has more cards in it, mine has legacy support for outside and Gift archetypes (including new Crystal Beast and Malefic cards), so checking in on both regularly is highly recommended!

Also, if anyone else wants to do a legacy thread, link it here so I can put it in the OP.

Ayyy, guess who's not dead and finally posted an archetype! Blistersmiths are pretty much done IMO, short of maybe adding a third Xyz Monster and/or more spells than just the field. Not gonna claim another archetype just yet, since it's late and I wanna sleep.

I like how some members are taking advantage of existing support cards in how they design their cards. EARTH monsters with 2900 statlines so Damp Den can search them, monsters with 1000/0 stats so that one Sorcery Hydra card can grab them, and Blistersmiths even have a few members that can be Rekindled.

At the moment, think it's just you and Tinkerer making legacy threads. That being said, only ones who've really critiqued any of them are me (both), you (for Tinkerer's) and I guess MetalSonic (although he isn't here). Rest of the members who got legacy support in here have yet to comment.

(Think I have a couple more generics I can throw into the pool after, well after the Synchro game stuff.)

====

As for my Archetypes, I generally don't look at other Archetypes for cross compatibility; usually the generics can do that, but most of the time, it's Archetype specific. Firefighter Dragon are partially Archetype-specific and partly generic. Speaking of which, I should have a basic skeleton of it up after tomorrow or something.

I've actually finished making the monsters for the Faerie archetype. But I'll upload them next week, given how my Semester should be over by then

Here's one of them though:

uOTRhqP.jpg

1 "Faerie" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Faerie" monsters

Fairy-Type monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. You can return 1 of your banished "Faerie" monsters to the Graveyard; Special Summon this banished card. You can only activate this effect of "Faerie Queen Titania" once per turn.

If you guys noticed the new OCG changes from Starter Deck 2017:

• Graveyard -> GY
  • Removal of -Type when it references a certain Type. 

(Stuff relevant to us; below is stuff that isn't because Link-oriented or VRAINS)

• Link Point / "monster linked to this card" / Linked Zone -> "zone this card points to".
  • Cyverse -> Cyberse

=====

Basically shortening of some terms for us; how do you guys feel about it?

Also Dragon Firefighter will be up shortly after I design another Xyz and maybe some backrow stuff.

If you guys noticed the new OCG changes from Starter Deck 2017:

• Graveyard -> GY
  • Removal of -Type when it references a certain Type.
(Stuff relevant to us; below is stuff that isn't because Link-oriented or VRAINS)
  • Link Point / "monster linked to this card" / Linked Zone -> "zone this card points to".
  • Cyverse -> Cyberse
=====

Basically shortening of some terms for us; how do you guys feel about it?

Also Dragon Firefighter will be up shortly after I design another Xyz and maybe some backrow stuff.

I'm fine with the removal of Type; so you could just say "Add 1 Dragon monster from your Deck to your hand" instead of "Add 1 Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand".

As for GY, I still prefer using Graveyard, much like how I prefer Life Points over LP.

LP in place of Life Points is more intuitive, whereas GY as Graveyard isn't. Heck, I'd be perfectly fine with them reducing it to Grave, because I think a lot of players just refer to it as such. I haven't seen anyone call it "GY".

Removal of the -Type thing isn't too bad; only problem is potential confusion for newer players if they aren't careful; does a card effect affect Dragon-Type monsters as a whole or a monster that simply has Dragon in its name (and not necessarily an Archetype). Yeah, there are the quote marks to differentiate them, but... It is less writing, yes.

LP in place of Life Points is more intuitive, whereas GY as Graveyard isn't. Heck, I'd be perfectly fine with them reducing it to Grave, because I think a lot of players just refer to it as such. I haven't seen anyone call it "GY".

Removal of the -Type thing isn't too bad; only problem is potential confusion for newer players if they aren't careful; does a card effect affect Dragon-Type monsters as a whole or a monster that simply has Dragon in its name (and not necessarily an Archetype). Yeah, there are the quote marks to differentiate them, but... It is less writing, yes.

Yeah; for anything with Dragon in its name, it'd be "Dragon" wereas Type as a whole is just Dragon. So again, perfectly fine with this one, and I'll still use Graveyard and Life Points.

I ought to look at the new cards, too

Also:

Two days left for my Semester!

There's also the Quick Effect change which I like.  It isn't as intuitive as "Once per turn, during either player's turn", but it makes it easier to explain that OPTs only work during your turn.  Plus, more room!

I personally don't like the removal of "-type", but I guess I'll get used to it.  GY isn't intuitive either, but I'm actually more fine with it than the removal of -type, tbh.  Either way, it's gonna take a bit for me to remember all these things when I make stuff...

Right now, we're just working off the proxy images we got of the Cyberse cards; while the text on them may be official, can probably wait until the better pics come out. Personally, I might retain some of the current wording for the time being, since it does feel more intuitive. (To be fair, doesn't take up that much room)

====

As for new cards, a lot of them got dumped last night in TCG; IRS got the chunky stuff for the rival, but I got Metaphys Wyrms and stuff.

You need to fix the spoilers, but beyond that you're good.

Also, I would have said that I finished making Advanced Crystal Beasts, as well as a Rainbow Dragon retrain and a CB Fusion . . . but my crap Internet ate the additions to the Legacy thread.

Also also, reading the Cyberdark thread, I'm tempted to vouch for them, but they'd likely never get in.

Also also also, friendly reminder that Photon (minus #62) and Shaddoll each have two votes out of necessary 3, from myself and Sakura in both cases.

You need to fix the spoilers, but beyond that you're good.

Also, I would have said that I finished making Advanced Crystal Beasts, as well as a Rainbow Dragon retrain and a CB Fusion . . . but my crap Internet ate the additions to the Legacy thread.

Also also, reading the Cyberdark thread, I'm tempted to vouch for them, but they'd likely never get in.

Also also also, friendly reminder that Photon (minus #62) and Shaddoll each have two votes out of necessary 3, from myself and Sakura in both cases.

The Photon archetype gets my vote!

And I'd vote for Cyberdark. Hell, we could make our own support for them here if added.

Is that confirmation of a Nyx Legacy thread? That's pretty awesome. Go do that.

Photons and Cyberdark approved!

Shaddoll (2/3), Shiranui (1/3)

Well, aside from one of Cyberdark Dragon, all the images I found thus far are of the Cyberdark monsters anime card art; but I think I could make it work.

Especially with my Semester coming to a close (tomorrow's my last day).

Well, if you do, I suggest you make it a general legacy thread so that you can provide support for any archetypes in the AGM if you want.

Also, I'm probably going to do Geargoyle, because something fast after the very un-fun All-Splice fiasco is just what the doctor ordered.

Geargoyle

This is yet another of those multiple-piece archetypes: Their Main Deck Tuners are Machines, their primary Main Deck monsters are Fiends, and a solid chunk of their Synchros are one or the other. However, they do have a few Dragon-Type Synchros in a kind of diverged evolution tree starting with the Level 8 Geargoyle Dragon, because this archetype takes after cards used by Yusei and Jack, following in the footsteps of Synchrons, Resonators, Junk, and Arc-V Jack's "Red" support, on top of the non-Tuners taking after certain non-Tuner monsters each of them favored, with clones of Quillbolt, Vice Dragon, and Tuningware being most prominent.

Generally speaking, the archetype just likes to spit out Synchros at alarming speed, but being especially good at making Level 8 because you really should be making Geargoyle Dragon. Also, that dragon can evolve either the Accel Synchro way or via Double Tuning, and if you can consistently get it into the field you might wind up with several boss-level Synchros on the field at once.

However, because of this reliance on Synchro raw power, enemy backrow is your worst enemy (although you do have done pretty good sheet of your own for consistency's sake, and to protect your big bosses). Solemns, battle traps, Book of Moon, they all really hate you, and you'll hate all of them, so . . . pack some Twin Twisters and Harpie's Feather Dusters.

Archived