Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I get a quick look at Dream☆Dream? I'd like to know what I need to get things accomplished.

Remember, management staff is Psychics with boring-yet-practical effects, performers are battle effects and situational fun, Continuous Spells are help for the performers (and named after pop songs), Continuous Traps are just goodstuff. Fields are named after venues and do all kinds of things.

Also, Champion, you still need to give the BlasterCube Synchros stats. Also, here's a clause you can copy-paste to replace the Harpie clause on their Tuners:

This monster can be treated as "BlasterCube Core" for a Synchro Summon.

I DON'T THINK WE THOUGHT THINGS THROUGH

Fiendrache Vicious Dealer

DARK - Level 8 - Fiend/Fusion/Effect - ?/?

1 DARK Fiend-Type monster + 1 DARK Dragon-Type monster

Must first be Fusion Summoned using a "Fiendrache" Fusion Spell Card. This monster's original ATK and DEF are equal to the combined ATK and DEF of its Fusion Materials. This monster can attack a number of times per turn up to the number of DARK monsters on the field. If this monster was Fusion Summoned using 1 or more "Fullarmor Fiendrache" monsters as Materials: This monster cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.

Malefic Truth Dragon

DARK - Level 12 - Dragon/Effect - 5000/5000

Oh yeah, also I'm thinking of working on All-Splice once I'm done with Dream☆Dream, because there are 4 LV lines in the AGM, all made by me.

I mean, isn't that essentially the equivalent of Evil Hero Dark Gaia? Doesn't seem too worrisome tbh.

Honestly, some of these are a bit more concerning (as I was going through the support):

[spoiler Concerning Stuff]Legacy of the Land of Brimstone

(Forgot to put the effect. I have to look back at what this does later, but I think it had something to do with a lack of an OPT)

Hydra Regeneration

Quick-Play Spell

Return 1 face-up monster from your side of the field to your Deck, and Special Summon 1 monster with the same Level and Type as that monster, but with a different name, from your hand or Deck.

(Not a problem card exactly, but it has some possibly crazy applications. Can't think of any off the top of my head, but a good amount of AGM Archetypes focus on same types and have relatively few levels. It's quick-play status may land it into trouble though.)

Sorcery Hydra Ralef Pim

DARK - Level 4 - Reptile/Effect - 1000/0

When this card is added to your hand, except by drawing, you can Special Summon it. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your Graveyard, except "Sorcery Hydra Ralef Pim".

(Free Norden if sent to the Graveyard by any means. I'll leave it at that.)

Knightmare Scourge

DARK ***

Warrior/Effect

Cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon. During either player's turn: You can discard this card; destroy Spell/Trap Card on the field. If your opponent would activate the effect of LIGHT monster: You can banish this card from your Graveyard or face-up on your side of the field; negate it.

1500/0

(A non-targeting MST that can be used from hand during either player's turn + has a grave effect on top of it.)

Every Scythe Caller

Scythe Caller Chalg'i

Continuous Spell

When this card is activated: You can add 1 Level 3 or 4 DARK monster from your Deck to your hand. If this card is destroyed by a card effect: You can draw 1 card. You can only activate each effect of "Scythe Caller - Chalg'i" once per turn.

(Being able to search out DARKs is quite powerful by itself. Having a couple of the Scythe Callers have generic floating puts 'em in another tier of power. This can search the Knightmare card making it an MST searcher or an Upstart if you use Knightmare on this)

AGM Successor Dova

LIGHT - Level 5 - Psychic/Effect - 2100/1400

If you Summon a non-LIGHT monster, you can Special Summon this monster from your hand. All "AGM Successor" monsters you control gain 200 ATK and DEF for every monster Type you control. If this monster is sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 non-Psychic-Type monster from your Graveyard with its effects negated until the end of the turn.

(Yeah, same issue with the Sorcery Hydra card before. Free recovery for any non-Psychic Deck simply by sending this to the Graveyard)

AGM Successor Nyx

DARK - Level 4 - Fiend/Effect - 1900/1200

During the turn this monster is Normal Summoned, you can Normal Summon an additional non-DARK monster this turn. When this monster is Normal or Special Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 non-Fiend-Type monster from your Graveyard in Defense Position: A monster Summoned this way has its effects negated until the end of the turn. During each of your End Phases, you can reveal an "AGM Successor" monster or "Archetype" Continuous Spell in your hand to your opponent to target 1 card in your opponent's hand: Banish that target.

(...I'm.... Not sure if I need to go into this one. Every one of this card's effects are crazy.)

T-Rocks Discovery

Normal Spell

Add 1 Level 4 or lower Rock-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. If this card sent to the Graveyard by a Rock-Type monster’s effect: You can draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of “T-Rocks Discovery” once per turn.

(Not a super big offender, but like Hydra Regeneration, can become problematic if we aren't conscious of it.)

Landmaster Chalk

EARTH / Level 3

Rock / Effect

ATK / 1000 DEF / 1500

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) on any of your unused Monster Zone and your opponent controls a Set Spell/Trap Card on that same column. You can only Special Summon "Landmaster Chalk" once per turn this way. When this card is Special Summoned this way: Destroy all Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls on the same column as this card. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this effect's activation. Once per turn: You can move this card to an adjacent unused Monster Zone.

(Another MST-with-a-body. Enables R3s and can be searched off the previous card. Pretty much worth noting as it acts as free fodder vs Knightmare which doesn't summon but acts as disruption and can hit field spells)

Cookie Kingdom Crumble

LIGHT - Level 4 - Fairy/Tuner/Effect - 1600/1200

Cannot be used as Synchro Material, except for the Synchro Summon of a LIGHT Synchro monster. If this monster leaves the field, you can Special Summon up to 4 "Cookie Tokens" (LIGHT/Level 1/Fairy-Type/ATK 0/DEF 0) to your side of the field. Once per turn, you can send 1 LIGHT monster from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard: Increase your Life Points by 1000.

(I'm not sure I'm too comfortable with a free LIGHT foolish on top of the fact it can Synchro Summon itself away for up to 4 free tokens. No obvious plays stand out to me right now, but this probably can go from silly to stupid with the right cards.)

Arcandy Restriction

TRAP

Activate if your opponent Summons a monster(s): Negate the monster(s) effect(s). If you control an "Arcandy" monster, you can banish the monster(s) instead. Once, while this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish the top card of your Deck; draw 1 card.

(Kinda a stretch, but this can act generically. As it is a trap, the Graveyard effect can be during either player's turn. Compared to some of the other things, this kinda seems tame tbh.)

Scathath Wyvern

While there is a face-up LIGHT monster on the field: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can discard this card; add 1 "Scathach" monster that is banished or in your Graveyard to your hand. Cannot declare an attack on your opponent's face-up monsters, except LIGHT monsters. If there are no face-up LIGHT monsters on the field, you and your opponent's monsters can attack directly.

(It's perfectly fine really except for the fact it can loop itself endlessly. A simple change can take it off this list.)

Yeah, I've kinda been behind-the-scenes, but I haven't been doing nothing.

Well, it wouldn't be, if there weren't the notable issue of Fiendrache having a from-Deck Fusion Spell whose only restrictions are a HOPT and locking you out of non-archetype Summons for the turn, essentially meaning that you can open up with one of them and one of their respective Miracle Fusion, and get out a pair of untargetable 6000+ beaters with double-attacking each.

Also, holy sheiße I just realized that I didn't give Nyx any HOPT clauses. Be right back.

Also, giving Ralef Pim a Derricrane clause, brb

EDIT: Fixed Nyx and Ralef Pim.

Scythe Callers really need an update. Not my best archetype, but I will have a much better version posted soon.

T-Rocks, was also mine, I think. I'll be happy to adjust Discovery if the need arises.

I'll have a look back through all my old AGM monsters, and see what might need changing, after I'm done with Furnacess.

I need to update the threads for a couple of mine, considering post-legacy changes. Right now, I think that's just Sunbeast and Show Jumper. I am not modifying the YCM mod project because it has pretty much everything (and due to the mentality of certain users who cause/d frequent drama about the other mods). Everything is more/less done.

Once I get about 6-7 cards ready, I'll post the WIP version of Firefighter Dragons. Smaller members generally follow the prompt; bosses start being negation and Catastor, coupled with Zoodiac stuff.

I've updated the OP. Hopefully, that gets more people at least asking about our Deck challenges.

Also, unless divine inspiration strikes vis-a-vis Dream☆Dream, I'm starting on All-Splice over the weekend:

All-Splice

GX's wet dream. I'm not kidding- 4 different LV series of different Types, each focusing on a different classic-flavor ability: One nukes, one burns, one boosts, and one heals. However, what really sells them is the fact that they contact-fuse in a style reminiscent of GB: Shuffle into the Deck to Summon, and if they would go to the Graveyard they return to the ED and Summon applicable mats from your hand or Deck. So why the LV mechanic, if you can use any monster in the evolution line to bring out the Fusions? Because the Fusion's stats are dependent on the Levels of its mats, and it becomes the same Level as its higher-Level Material . . . and when it goes away, the monsters it replaces itself with can be any Level up to its own. That way, if you used a LV 8 and a LV 3, you get a 7 to replace that 3 when your big bad Fusion goes poof. In other words, this archetype is ham in a can . . . and something a GX lover would die for.

Also, I dug these up if anyone wants them:

Ylla- (think of it as a word part, like with Qli and tellar)

The REAL Plant Synchro. The whole archetype is built for speed, with support similar to Synchrons and most modern Pendulum archetypes to give it searching and grave-dumping out the wazoo, with revival on most members for either themselves or others. Their Main Deck monsters all have Phantom King Hydride's ability: that is, they're Tuners that can count themselves as non-Tuners. They abuse this about as well as you think, with some pretty interesting Synchros from Levels 3 to 8, with the Assault Blackwing clause that if all monsters used to Summon them are archetype members, they can be treated as Tuners . . . This obviously leads to Double Tuning and Accel Synchro (yes, both in one archetype) at levels 9 and higher for their best, most over-the-top monsters. In terms of their primary theme, the Synchros share a combined hate for your opponent's Special Summoned monsters: getting huge power boosts, negation abilities, bonus attacks, Armades clauses, et cetera, from your opponent having any SS'd monsters on their field.

Seven Deadly Swords

Do you remember the Guardian archetype? How about the Legendary Dragon Fusions? Basically, this is that given new life. "of the Seven Deadly Swords" Main Deck monsters (of which there are seven) are all, interestingly, DARK Gemini monsters, their effects and some major stat boosts are continent on whether they're equipped with an Equip Spell. The "Seven Deadly Swords" themselves are, as indicated, seven Equip Spell Cards that offer generous battle effects, but can only be equipped to a Normal or Gemini monsters. As a trade-off, all of them can be destroyed when the equipped monster would leave the field, except by Fusion Summon, and can search other Seven Deadly Swords cards if revealed in your hand. There are a couple other Main Deck monsters that offer more searching, the ability to change which monster your Spells are equipped to, and other such things, under the communal "Seven Deadly Swords' Aid" moniker.

What really makes them interesting, however, is if you control both an "of the Seven Deadly Swords" monster and its corresponding Equip Spell . . . You can send both to the Graveyard to Fusion Summon evolved versions of the Main Deck monsters, all of which basically tell your opponent that you're not messing around.

Draco, any more progress with that group Archetype and all? If you guys didn't notice (for those of you who got the PM), two more cards are up.

I'll assume that most of us are busy with schoolwork and the like right now.

Also, a sneak preview at stuff:

[spoiler=not really a proper company right now]

Firefighter Dragon Azumi
Level 4 | WATER | Dragon | Effect
1500/1500
① Once per turn: You can add 1 "Firefighter Dragon" from your Deck to your hand. ② Once per turn: If this card battles a monster with 1000 or less DEF: You can have that monster lose 600 ATK during damage calculation only. If this card battles a FIRE monster: You can have that monster's ATK become half its current ATK instead during damage calculation only.

Firefighter Dragon Blaze
1700/1200
① Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Firefighter Dragon" from your hand, except "Firefighter Dragon Blaze". ② Once per turn: During either player's turn, if you control another 'Firefighter Dragon" monster: You can negate the activation of a Normal Spell Card on the field, and if you do, destroy it.

Firefighter Dragon Fēnfāng
1400/2000
① Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Firefighter Dragon" from your Deck or Graveyard, except "Firefighter Dragon Fēnfāng". ② Your opponent cannot target other "Firefighter Dragons" you control for attacks or card effects.

Firefighter Dragon Kihei
1600/1300
You can only activate the ① effect of "Firefighter Dragon Kihei" once per turn. ① If you control another "Firefighter Dragon" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). ② Once per turn: You can target 1 Dragon-Type Xyz Monster; attach this card from your hand or field to that monster as an Xyz Material.

Firefighter Dragon Captain Bàofēngyǔ
Rank 4 | WATER | Dragon | Xyz | Effect
2100/1400
2 Level 4 monsters
(effect tbd)

I've been thinking of a few cards (we still only have 3 Attribute Fusions, we need a few more enablers for Synchro and Xyz, Champion is supposed to be working on R7/8, and we need the "generic support for Fusions/Rituals" the prompt mentioned), but . . . it's basically been almost all me on Moyufutsusa, so I'm worried I might have been stifling everyone else's creativity.

I mean, I can throw a few cards towards Moyufutsusa, I kinda need to see what's already been made.  There isn't a thread on it, is there?

Most of it is Draco adding a ton of stuff from the entire generation spectrum. I contributed a few of the 5Ds/ZEXAL bosses, plus a Number 99 clone / Level 10 Ritual. Nyx did a ton of Rituals.

What PM? Is there a group chat on YCM or something for the AGM?

It's a joint PM that Draco sent. Think I can add you and Tinkerer to the PM if you aren't already there.

Most of it is Draco adding a ton of stuff from the entire generation spectrum. I contributed a few of the 5Ds/ZEXAL bosses, plus a Number 99 clone / Level 10 Ritual. Nyx did a ton of Rituals.

It's a joint PM that Draco sent. Think I can add you and Tinkerer to the PM if you aren't already there.

That would be nice, thanks.

Most of it is Draco adding a ton of stuff from the entire generation spectrum.

Yeah. That's kind of the reason I didn't add more. I'd want to make Synchro monsters, maybe Main Deck monsters. But with all the members that have already been made, I felt my additions would've been repetitive or obsolete.

Archived