Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interestingly, every Malefic's original form is here bar Rainbow Dragon, as stated. Blue-Eyes, Red-Eyes, Stardust, and Cyber End.

Alright! Malefic archetype approved! I'll be #2 for CBs.

I mean, I suppose. They don't add much, but I do like Malefics so.. *thumbs up*

I was talking about Crystal Beasts. I'm perfectly fine with Malefics.

I think that makes three.

So, now the number of Konami archetypes in the AGM is 6.

Destruction Sword, Venom, Aroma, Toon, Malefic, and Crystal Beasts.

Also, I want to set this post aside for rulings on "Disasterman", because the nature of its effect is kinda weird.

●Because it can attack monsters that "would be Summoned", if whatever it wants to hit has an on-Summon effect, it does not get to resolve. This includes the search effect of "AGM Successor Draconus", the healing effects of certain "Yuki-Onna" monsters, etc.

●Because the monsters it attacks aren't technically on the field, boosting effects (such as the ATK increase of monsters like "Vennominon, the King of Poisonous Snakes") do not apply.

●Because it's not declaring an attack target, "Disasterman" is the only monster in the AGM that can attack "Kommo'o, the Unbreakable-Armored Dragon" and "Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon" (aside from other Toons in the latter's case) without first negating their effects, notable because said monsters can form an attack lock otherwise.

●Due to the fact that the effect of "Disasterman" declares an attack, it cannot be negated with effect negation- ergo, "Solemn Strike" cannot be used to stop the attack of "Disasterman". However, attack negation Counter Trap cards, like "Veldaion's Presence" or "Negate Attack", can.

●Because your opponent would declare which Battle Position that a monster would be Summoned in, "Disasterman" does inflict damage with its attacking effect.

●Because it technically only attacks the monster, a monster that cannot be destroyed by battle is still available to be Summoned even after the attack effect of "Disasterman" resolves.

●If "Disasterman" uses its attack effect to attempt to stop the Summon of "Buster Dragon" or "Buster Blader, the Dragon Destruction Swordmaster" while the other is on the field, it is not changed to Defense Position, nor is its effect negated.

Obsidian Dandao certainly is something. Pendulum, Tuner, level 4, can't be destroyed by battle, among other effects.

That combination of traits makes it... Interesting. Even with a bunch of removal, one has to keep dealing with an easily summonable, annoyingly versatile wall.

Dandao are the primary reason I don't make much generic Rock support, actually, due to their infuriating "equip cycle" strategy, and you'll notice that the Rock support I do make requires Rocks in the Graveyard. Obsidian Dandao is also one of very few Tuners I've made that can't be searched effectively, and with good reason.

Also, I've been meaning to ask: What would running "War of the Warp Drives" accomplish, besides maybe occasionally letting you take advantage of floating effects if you have a bigger Space Cruiser camping out in your hand?

You've hit the nail on the head. I wanted to make a Warp Drive card that was not (or at least very minimally) conditional to let you get out Space Cruisers from your hand while also letting you begin to get off the floating effects. It doesn't say whether or not they have to be in attack position, so you can probably run over whatever it is you summon anyway.

Speaking on Space Cruisers though... Epsilon Nautilus can infinitely recur.

Probably going to ask Tinkerer if someone can make a Link version of the Archetype game, but outside a couple members (one of whom I already told to take it up with Tinkerer), people are generally fine with the restriction. 

Right, and I probably have a new project after YCM Heavenly Sovereign (will have to modify it now that Nai resigned, or I'll keep the original plan).

====

That being said, I have posted the CC change plan (Draco already replied to it [though I told you guys this in passing a few times by now]). So yeah, for our purposes, stuff will need to tagged with LEGACY [just push "Add a tag" and you'll get it; no need to write it in title]. If you guys didn't speak up, then do so now. 

Probably going to ask Tinkerer if someone can make a Link version of the Archetype game, but outside a couple members (one of whom I already told to take it up with Tinkerer), people are generally fine with the restriction.

It's funny you mention this. Now that we have most of the confusing rulings out of the way, I was strongly considering opening up Links in the Archetype game. True we in the AGM wouldn't use the prompt, but we've already got like 60 pages of archetypes to work with anyway, plus not every prompt will be Links anyway.

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with Links if the entire game weren't restructured around them. If Pendulum had gone untouched, and Links not limited what existing mechanics already did (say, monsters like Firewall Dragon existing and just having fun with other Links, or things like Missus Radiant blending Links into normal gameplay), I'd be right alongside you having fun with the new toy added to the game. However, even more than Pendulum or Xyz, Links exemplify a special snowflake mechanic because they don't play nicely with anything else, and the game mat had to be changed for them, removing the Pendulum Zones that had been added and adding two (kinda ugly, design-wise, and not conducive to Battle Royale play) Extra Monster Zones.

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with Links if the entire game weren't restructured around them. If Pendulum had gone untouched, and Links not limited what existing mechanics already did (say, monsters like Firewall Dragon existing and just having fun with other Links, or things like Missus Radiant blending Links into normal gameplay), I'd be right alongside you having fun with the new toy added to the game. However, even more than Pendulum or Xyz, Links exemplify a special snowflake mechanic because they don't play nicely with anything else, and the game mat had to be changed for them, removing the Pendulum Zones that had been added and adding two (kinda ugly, design-wise, and not conducive to Battle Royale play) Extra Monster Zones.

Don't worry about. I just said that if I were to make Link cards, they wouldn't be for this club. But by the end of the day, I'd want to generate them.

So far, only Azuriena/Terrie and that Kexotero kid (I'm turning into Night if I'm calling other members "kids") made any Link archetypes in that game, and it's the latter who complained about this policy at the time. 

You guys are more than welcome to post Links outside this club (note that there is a game where you can make them). 

===

In any case, if you guys have comments/concerns about the new policies for CC [well, the tagging is partly to let us continue the way we are now while CC itself adapts to the Link format, even if I don't really like it], post in that thread so everyone can see (ideally). Last thing I want to hear is some users complaining that comments were taken from outside the thread in shaping CC. 

===

As for templates, I have one in Showcase for GIMP users; may need to make a slight modification because I've noticed a cut in the Link layer (idk how that got there), but would just be replacing that layer. Or you can take Grezar's one if you're a Photoshop user. 

Don't expect TCGEditor to have one ready for a while.

Spell Cards:

Terraforming (x3)

Magic Planter (x3)

Eldritch Uprising (x3)

Eldritch Temple (x3)

Eldritch Gathering (x3)

Eldritch Influence (x3)

Trap Cards:

Eldritch Hound (x3)

Eldritch Void (x3)

Solemn Notice (x3)

Eldritch Jowls (x3)