Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

That'll work; also required me to actually look up the word in the Hawaiian dictionary (though like other languages, can translate to different stuff depending on context). But yeah, the monster naming is in Hawaiian (albeit only in colors) so that shouldn't be too bad.

Though, if you did opt on another monster, doing another color outside the rainbow [and B/W] would've been fine. (I think Hawaiian has words for those too, but dk)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

April Challenge:

Monster (18)

1 Sorcery Hydra Emnov

3 Sorcery Mwor

2 Sorcery Hydra Lenia

3 Sorcery Hydra Ralef Pim

1 Sorcery Hydra Tanaa

3 Sorcery Hydra Throsar

2 Rapid Bite Snake

3 Chaoserpent

Spells (19)

3 Birth of the Hydra

1 Hydra Regeneration

3 Hydra's Egg

2 Hydra Sorcery

3 Hydra Head Slash

3 Hydra Head Generation

3 Scythe Caller Chalg'i

1 Scythe Caller Vikat

Traps (5)

2 Offering to the Snake Deity

3 Venom Trap Hole

Extra Deck

2 King of Feral Imps

3 Sorcery Hydra Twin Head

1 Sorcery Hydra Spiked Tail

1 Ergot, Lady of the Fungal Serpents

2 Sorcery Hydra Triple Head

1 Exitialis, Royal Heir to the Fungal Serpents

1 Serpentempest

1 Composite Horror Dragon

1 Absol the Emissary of Disaster

1 Numerix-063: Vicious Swordsman

1 Castel

That's a very sweet Deck you've got there, but I have one question: How do you intend to Summon Exitialis? It's a R5, and its stacking ability only works on other Fungal Serpents Xyz- and you don't have Ergot, Bertillon, or Muscaria (the R4 Fungal Serpents) anywhere in your ED yet.

Also, good mostly generic R4 include Serpentempest (basically Rise Falcon), Nebulous Wish King (can negate any attack or destruction on a detach), and Cosmic Horror Dragon (basically, Cyberdark Dragon, but as a 3-mat Xyz that can grab any monster from the Graveyard to boost itself).

I think this will be my next project:

Ghastly Terror

This is a DARK Fiend-Type archetype of pure nightmare fuel, with disturbing artwork, names that push the limits of TCG naming, and unsettling effects. Similar to Reptilianne, they drop the stats of your opponent's monsters to 0, and they enjoy horrifyingly effective stun effects if a monster with 0 ATK and/or DEF is on the field. Not only that, they lock out all Summons besides the Summon of archetype members if there are 3 or more such monsters out. But wait, there's more: If your opponent does manage to somehow get out a Towers out, or has any monster you're seriously worried about, they have a 0/0 Lava Golem clone that lets you Tribute anyone's monsters. They do have one distinct weakness, however, that you wouldn't expect: If any of them is targeted for a card effect, they all commit suicide, a major setback considering that they can't be Summoned from the Graveyard.

@Tinkerer: That's fine (because I did beat Draco to the punch by a good while, so it's not that I ninja'd him).

Also I had to modify the original effect Draco gave for his card due to its power concerns, plus a few other things. Once I add Night and Dad, the Archetype will be done. I'm going to scrap Black for reasons.

====

Think I mentioned potential prompts to play with:

• Dragon Firefighter (WATER Dragon)
  • TRON Zoo (LIGHT Beast-Type Links; let's see how that goes)
  • Windy (because I need an excuse to make legacy Majespecter 2.0) 

Yeah, although the issue was that I stopped to watch a friggin' movie before finishing my post. I figured a loose prompt like "Ghoji" wasn't exactly going to move fast, so I took my time

Anyway, unless I make more S/T, here's Wilonka- our equivalent to Monarchs or Steelswarm or something:

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/362860-agm-written-wilonka/

I partially got lazy and did a portmanteau of ghosts and emoji, hence the spam theme (because certain members really do spam the hell out of them on YCM, and even on Discord [well, emotes, but w/e]). If anyone does that, Level/Rank 1 spam coupled with being annoying for the opponent to deal with. 

Part of me is probably having second thoughts about having done the YCM mod project, but it exists now so meh. I'll just move Night to the Level 10 slot (well, he and I do have the highest rep counts out of the existing mod team right now) and make Dad a Level 6 member. I feel bad for having to shaft Smear to a support role, but yeah. Get those two done, and I'll be happy about ending it then (and add postlegacy stuff later).

Issue is how he's going to do the naming, since Draco had a shogi theme in his naming convention and mine dealt with emoji / emotes. One thing I would've said is to make do half of the members using my naming convention and the others with Draco's stuff (however you can mesh the two). Naming convention you had deals with mine (since I got to it first, but Tinkerer wants to do a hybrid of the two).

Oh right, and guess Kirin Rangers will be on my design list after the other stuff.

Sounds good; hopefully the whole thing ends up being playable in the end, considering the themes (guess they can have access to 3 different summon mechanics, which is something).

Like I told Draco in PM, I'll try to add more to that group thing after my dual midterms on Wednesday (now whose bright idea was it to have both exams back to back?)

OK, names for the pieces of the Meta, in order of Numerix, not rank, are:

[iNACTIVE]

Bloom (because cherry blossom trope)

[undetermined] (Dammit Dova!)

Gate (because Tojin means "to close" in japanese)

Zero (that's me!)

[iNACTIVE]

Shade (Nyx is the Greek primordial goddess of night)

Dragon (I know it can be cooler.)

Tinker (I completely gave up at this one)

Any suggestions? I want to make them all imply our usernames somewhat, but not be too obvious.

I mean, you could probably have a bit more success coming up with a good name off of my other main username: Tythe, which is essentially a respelling of the word "tithe".

Alternatively, if you've gotta stick with Tinkerer, I wouldn't mind "Mettle". It is close to "meddle/meddling" (which is a synonym for "tinker") and is a homophone to "metal" (which also touches on a tinkerer).

Draconus basically steals the Latin term for dragon and the Greek one for a regional lord, so honestly, anything related to dragons or kings works for me. Also, 297 is 3^3 × 11, my own favorite number to the exponent of itself, times the favorite number of the only person I've ever completely trusted, my only actual friend. So . . . yeah. My username explained.

User name history (well, as far as most of you have ever known):

• Sakura: (You can figure this out for yourself)
    • .Rai: Night decided to be funny and change my name for April Fool's. (At the present time, Rai got the boot)
    • Icyblue: Random name I chose as filler for 20 minutes while waiting for my other name to return.
  • Flash Flyer - Sakura: See Flyer thread in my signature; also because current avatar is one of the members for said Archetype. (Not like anyone really uses the former part anyway)

(Not going to talk about my first username, because that one is a random mess of stuff)

So yeah, stuff to do with cherry blossoms and whatever works. You can just put Sakura directly or whatever the equivalent of it in Chinese or something. (I did the former for Sclera Guilds; diacritics and all.)

I'm actually wondering how overkill one can get with "Fiendrache Vicious Dealer" - it's a Fusion that requires 1 each of a DARK Fiend and a DARK Dragon as Materials, and it can attack a number of times per Battle Phase equal to the number of DARK monsters on the field, but you can only Summon it with "Fiendrache" Fusion Spells- of which there is a Poly clone, a Miracle Fusion, and a from-Deck Fusion Spell that locks you into Fiendrache monsters for the turn.

OK, so the Meta's disguised names are as follows, and some of them may be used as nicknames outside of disguised mode.

Draconus ~> Still Draconus, maybe Draconia, depending on whether the human disguise is female or male

Tinker ~> Ferros, Latin for steel, which is the first material you think of when you think of someone tinkering.

Sakura is a cherry blossom, so Hana, Japanese for blossom.

Nyx refers vaguely to the night so Umbra, Latin for shadow.

Tojin means to close, and the only thing cool that gets closed is a gate, so Tori, Japanese for gate

Dova refers to Dovakhiin, the Dragonborn, so let's go with Ryu.

And Number 5's replacement will end be known as Zero.

Fun fact: the female equivalent to Draconus would technically be "Dracoena", using the feminine noble title equivalent (making her the Queen/Lady of Dragons), and I typically drop the o in such situations- ergo why Spellbound Dracena and Des-Draconus Dracena are named what they are.

Gonna take Wingkeeper (p. 73)

Archetype of WIND Spellcaster and Winged Beast-Type monsters. They rely a lot on their Continuous Spell/Trap Cards. However, they are capable of adding and recovering them. A lot of them vary in Level, and their Extra Deck Monster(s) Fusion monsters. Each Fusion monster has an effect that triggers upon leaving the field; that effect can vary from activating a Wingkeeper Spell/Trap Card to Special Summoning one.

Archived