Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put an Assault Vest on it and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was. The newly buffed Leech Life is awesome on him as well. Liquidation is also really nice despite not being a priority move.

Getting the BP for an Assault Vest will be annoying but First Impression/Leech Life/Sucker Punch/Liquidation + Assault Vest seems like what I'm going to go for with mine.

my team by the end of it all:

Crabominable Lv 64

Incineroar Lv 66

Magnezone Lv 68

Mimikyu Lv 65

Golisopod Lv 66

Lycanroc (midnight) Lv 68

[spoiler=endgame stuff] working on living dex now, which is going to be a real bitch with the cosmog line and type: null. doing what I can since I currently don't have wifi

I actually forgot to go to the Desert after I cleared Acerola's trial. I didn't know I needed a Psychium Z and somehow I found it and caught Tapu Bulu after that. Likewise I got the Flyinium Z in the Ten Carat Hill.

I did too. Going to fix that soon.

So Golisopod is going to be OU right?

Base 90 +2 priority move plus Sucker Punch & Aqua Jet with THOSE attack stats and bulk?

And a free switch out to make First Impression live.

The one thing I see holding him back is actually First Impression makes him SUPER reliant on his priority moves. Otherwise he is slow as hell and if First Impression switches you out you lose your turn which can be really bad. Also makes set up moves a lot worse on him.

Emergency Exit, Flame. First Impression is his signature +2 priority move~ And honest to god I hate Emergency Exit. It just makes things so awkward when you try to land a hit, and a lucky crit bounces him out.

When I wrote that I thought I was making a mistake. Should have trusted myself. But yea, if anything is going to hold him back it's that ability. Still First Impression and Aqua Jet both help with it.

So Golisopod is going to be OU right?

Base 90 +2 priority move plus Sucker Punch & Aqua Jet with THOSE attack stats and bulk?

And a free switch out to make First Impression live.

Not in the current state of the meta with Aegislash and Phero and Toxapex running around too much. Tbh I'm seeing him as an UU mon by usage that is going to be really damn good in OU once the meta settles. Having 3 flavors of priority, each with vital/amazing typing, recovery, solid/amazing bulk, and good ATK is good enough imo.

It murders 2 of the 4 tapus afaik too.

I'm staying on Melemele till I get the Island scan pokemon.

Saturday is Litwick day. Now where do I find it?

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/qrscanner.shtml

You'll have to scan it and go over to the area it tells you to.

----

I was on Poni Island, and caught my Emboar a couple minutes ago on the Ancient Poni Path. IVs aren't great, but whatever. (Now I need to wait for Kukui to update my dex to the national one, as QR 'mons certainly aren't in there.)

I think I've been looking for Jangmo-o for over an hour. It is a 5% encounter WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND!?!?!?! Seriously, I used this as a chance to level grind a bit since my team was getting really close the levels of everything and I think they've all gained 4 or so levels. I know for sure this area has them since I saw someone encounter one where I am. It just hates me. And I need to worry about nature too.

I wanted Bulletproof but screw it. This too WAY too long for a 5% encounter. Soundproof is still a fine ability and a Lonely nature isn't bad. I'm done.

I honestly think it's incredibly bizarre that Golisopod has level-up moves BEFORE level 30, when you can't even catch them anyways. Could it NOT have learned Razor Shell after it evolved or something?

Yea, it is SUPER frustrating it doesn't get any good physical Water moves until 48. At least it has First Impression and Leech Life for powerful STAB options when you get it.

I just find having 2 of the same type of move redundant. Plus, Fire Impression was growing meh for me since after the first turn Golisopod basically has 3 moves.

You basically have to treat First Impression like Fake Out, since that's how you're going to use it.

The problem though is either surviving the damage if he's under 50%, or not going below 50% so Emergency Exit activates before he can Leech Life, considering EE is basically a free hit for the other team.

It only triggers once per battle so if you switch back in and go above 50% then back below you won't switch out again. Not to mention his move pool isn't SUPER deep so you don't lose much from having it. From the sets I've seen, this is the one I like the most.

Golisopod @ Assault Vest

Ability: Emergency Exit

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

Adamant Nature

- First Impression

- Liquidation

- Leech Life

- Poison Jab/Aqua Jet

Me earlier: "Feeling pretty bored, time to spend 2 hours Shiny Hunting a Riolu! "

*encounters one instantly*

>Activates Adrenaline Orb

>Riolu used Final Gambit

aeuz55okhuv7qyuab0iy.jpg

This made my heart ache :(

Do ghosts block them from suiciding? From what I remember it works for Final Gambit but Explosion still goes off (but does no damage).

Archived