Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

I really wish Wimpod could SOS, Golisopod's shiny is pretty darn cool. I spent time using the Masuda Method for Minior since it also can't SOS, but I decided I didn't want to do that again and I've got my Cocytus EV trained already anyways.

EDIT: So 3 rainbow beans seems like it's enough to get a Pokemon to full Affection. Gave 1 to my Silvally and it was at 3, the second one took it to 4, and to be safe I used a third which got it to 5. So max Affection in 10 seconds, that's preeeetty good.

EDIT EDIT: Ok so it only takes 2 rainbow beans and 1 patterned bean for full Affection. Got my Wimpod to it that way.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emergency Exist can make you run from the cover legendary. Dear lord that is terrible.

Anyway, caught Lunala. LILLIE 3 Was not expecting to feel these feels. Man the characters in this game are amazing.

Also, figured out why Lillie's new hair bugs me, its the bangs. It isn't as noticeable at the start, but they look a little weird with her hair back.

Anyway, off to the league. Team

Domoka, the Lonely Kommo-o: 50

Polari, the Jolly Minior: 50

Cocytus, the Jolly Golisopod: 51

Agro, the Lax Mudsdale: 51

Gila, the Rash Salazzle: 51

Hanzo, the Lonely Decidueye: 54

[spoiler=I've realized that...] Kukui has the evolution of the starter that neither you nor Hau get, the one that's strong against your starter. At first I thought he had Incineroar because of the whole Masked Royal thing (you know, obviously because he's a really big fan, but I do wonder who it is under the mask).

EDIT: I almost can't stand how much I love Team Skull. They're so damn amazing for a bad guy team that's not even evil! sheet like "Let's get figy with it! Watch while I nanab me some berries!" or "Were you flew here or were you grew here?" is funking incredible. Hand motions are on point. Music is amazing. Grunts A and B are super endearing. OMG I love them so much. 

Oh darn, the only reason I didn't like Fomantis/Lurantis was the color, but now I've seen their shiny palette. Now I need to get one of those, thankfully I can actually SOS for this one.

Also, Fomantis is just so darn cute.

QBoTRm.png

It's like he's trying to be badass but he's so darn adorable about it.

EDIT: So I'm working on my Pokedex, and I get Talonflame.

"Its favorite foods are Wingfull and Pikipek."

D:

Thing is I'm almost certain they're not. I could be wrong, but I'm sure they've always been like that.

I at least remember some Ghost-types being creepy. Like Yamask (Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.) and Shedinja (Shedinja's hard body doesn't move - not even a twitch. In fact, its body appears to be merely a hollow shell. It is believed that this Pokémon will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back.).

EDIT: I do adore Slowpoke's, though.

Sun: Its long tail often breaks off. It doesn’t really feel any pain, though, and the tail grows back, so Slowpoke isn’t particularly bothered.

Moon: Alolan home cooking involves drying Slowpoke tails and then simmering them into a salty stew.

Thing is I'm almost certain they're not. I could be wrong, but I'm sure they've always been like that.

Gengar (Sun): Should you feel yourself attacked by a sudden chill, it is evidence of an approaching Gengar. There is no escaping it. Give up.

Frosslass (Sun): When it finds humans or Pokémon it likes, it freezes them and takes them to its chilly den, where they become decorations.

Primeape (Sun): It has been known to become so angry that it dies as a result. Its face looks peaceful in death, however.

Cubone (Sun): When it thinks of its deceased mother, it weeps loudly. Mandibuzz that hear its cries will attack it from the air.

Mega Lucario (Moon): It readies itself to face its enemies by focusing its mental energies. Its fighting style can be summed up in a single word: heartless.

Mega Gyrados (Moon): Mega Evolution also affects its brain, leaving no other function except its destructive instinct to burn everything to cinders.

The Primeape thing is new but Cubone's always been about the dead mother thing and Gengar and Froslass's are pretty similar to their previous dex entries, just worded differently. Dex entries have always been somewhat dark, I think now they're just better written than in the past.

All Dex entries that are meant to make the Pokemon look dark are consistent throughout the series, thing to point out is that they seem to be written more savage and threatening as stated earlier. Rotom gives you these entries anyway; no matter these short descriptions have some kind of personality written.

I would love it if the entry for Rotom when we get the national dex is all about how great he is or something like that. Like how it seems that Patches wrote the descriptions for the Black Leather set in Dark Souls 3.

Bagon got a pretty interesting one in Sun, too. Pretty much every other dex entry since Gen III has said the same thing about it headbutting things out of stress because it can't fly and how it jumps off cliffs and bashes its head on rocks and stuff, even Moon repeats it. But in Sun: Its belief that it will be able to fly one day is apparently the influence of information carried in its genes.

Oh, am I annoyed at myself right now. Finished EV training my Dhelmise at the Pelago so I was leveling it up, and it learned Gyro Ball. And then I realized I probably should've used my Brave Dhelmise instead of my Adamant one, so now I've started my EV training all over again with my Brave Dhelmise and the Adamant one I put all this time into is now in the PC never to be seen again.

Oops.

If I especially cared I'd get the right Ditto for it and make sure it had 0 speed IVs, but I'm just a bit too lazy to go that far.

Oh darn, the only reason I didn't like Fomantis/Lurantis was the color, but now I've seen their shiny palette. Now I need to get one of those, thankfully I can actually SOS for this one.

Also, Fomantis is just so darn cute.

QBoTRm.png

It's like he's trying to be badass but he's so darn adorable about it.

Yeah, that's the main reason I'm going for shiny Fomantis.

For the record, I did manage to get a hidden ability Fomantis finally. Not sure why after 100+ allies three times, I couldn't get one, but after 60+ I got one, but such is my luck I guess. I only noticed it had Contrary when it used Growth and its stats went down instead of up.

Now to find myself a Pokemon with Magma Armor or Flame Body. I was stupid and Wonder Traded away a Fletchinder with Flame Body a couple days ago, and am solely regretting that. Now I am currently Wonder Trading like mad, and hating every single Yungoos, Pikipek, and Abra that exists to be Wonder Traded. Seems like a lot of people are Wonderlocking, or just giving out crap Pokemon in the hope to get a good one.

After that will be the Masuda Method, which I have never actually used, so hopefully that will go well. :/

Getting Fletchinder is easier (at least for Flame Body stuff); can attribute that to having a box full of hatched egg 'mons (well, mostly Riolu and some other stuff I wanted earlier on, but had to wait on). Not really perfect IVs, but at least I can look at all the 'mons I have in box without having to individually ask what their IVs are. 

Now I just have to EV train them for the Battle Tree / Royale (I don't have my bred 'mons from Gen 6, so having to make do with the UBs and some other high IV stuff I got from wherever). 

Apparently there's something weird with ally chains, allies that are summoned will have their nature affected by Synchronize if the mon you have out has it, except it will go off the nature of whatever mon you have in the front. So I've got a KOd Adamant Bounsweet in my first slot going into this, and my Alakazam's Synchronize is making all the allies show up with Adamant nature instead of its nature. Apparently.

Also, if you ever need to waste a turn because an ally didn't get summoned, you can just use another Adrenaline Orb, and it'll say that it failed and not actually use it up, but it will take up your turn.

I'm not actually at that point yet. Still at Route 5 and probably will stay there for quite a bit until I get my shiny.

I figure I can just be patient and eventually get a Fletchinder or something on Wonder Trade. They were fairly common there last generation, anyway.

You can also just use items like Antidote or Revive to waste a turn if you need to. Figured that out after the first 100+ allies when I ended up accidentally using a Revive on a healthy Pokemon and it used up a turn but not the Revive.

Archived