Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, it's occurred to me that it's not Mudsdale's 2028.25 lbs weight that's ridiculous, that's actually completely accurate to the weight of a Clydesdale horse. It's everything else that's underweight. Why the heck is Groudon, a giant earth god Pokemon, only a ton? Metagross, a giant being of steel, not much more than 1000 lbs? It's like Game Freak being accurate this time around has only pointed out previous errors.

Also, I finally remembered my single biggest gripe with this game that I've been meaning to mention. Mount Lanakila is funking lame. This gen doesn't have a harsh trek through an extensive Victory Road filled with tons of powerful trainers. It was hyped up early on as the biggest mountain in the region, a place people can be close to the Legendary pokemon, all that jazz, but you just bypass most of it with a couple of elevators.

You know, it's occurred to me that it's not Mudsdale's 2028.25 lbs weight that's ridiculous, that's actually completely accurate to the weight of a Clydesdale horse. It's everything else that's underweight. Why the heck is Groudon, a giant earth god Pokemon, only a ton? Metagross, a giant being of steel, not much more than 1000 lbs? It's like Game Freak being accurate this time around has only pointed out previous errors.

Also, I finally remembered my single biggest gripe with this game that I've been meaning to mention. Mount Lanakila is f***ing lame. This gen doesn't have a harsh trek through an extensive Victory Road filled with tons of powerful trainers. It was hyped up early on as the biggest mountain in the region, a place people can be close to the Legendary pokemon, all that jazz, but you just bypass most of it with a couple of elevators.

I feel like the Vast Poni Canyon was kinda the substitute for Victory Road. It felt like that to me when I was initially going through it, and it would make sense to have it before what used to be the last part of the Island Challenge. Plus it makes sense that Kukui didn't have time to get a new one set up.

Other games have had post-game areas like that beyond Victory Road, though. I'd be annoyed if they meant for that to be a substitute.

And were most Victory Roads not natural cave systems? I don't think they'd have to be "set up" necessarily, aside from maybe a couple bridges here and there like some have had.

What would be a good item for my lurantis, who was the contrary fomantis with leafstorm, so it can be great in battle tree?

Its speed isnt good: 55

Its HP: 153

Its special attack/special defense: 106/115

Its attack/defense: 136/106

Quirky nature

Its moves:

1: solar blade

2: leaf storm

3: sunny day

4: synthesis

Any changes?

A lot of changes should be made.

1) The nature is really bad. You want natures that increase stats, Quirky doesn't.

2) Using Solar Blade when Leaf Storm is giving +2 Sp.Atk is strange. If you want to use Sunny Day, use Solar Beam.

3) All that said, I think you should breed a new one. The best build for it imo is

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

Modest Nature

Item: Grassium Z

Leaf Storm, Defog, Synthesis, Aromatherapy

If you wanted to go physical (I strongly advise against this), I think this is the best you can do

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

Adamant Nature

Item: Life Orb

Leech Life, Leaf Blade, Poison Jab, Brick Break

EDIT: My past 3 captures have been critical captures, pretty lucky.

One of the things I've come to love in Y is that since I have 600 Pokemon I get critical captures a fair bit.

Also, I finally remembered my single biggest gripe with this game that I've been meaning to mention. Mount Lanakila is funking lame. This gen doesn't have a harsh trek through an extensive Victory Road filled with tons of powerful trainers. It was hyped up early on as the biggest mountain in the region, a place people can be close to the Legendary pokemon, all that jazz, but you just bypass most of it with a couple of elevators.

I remember thinking that too. No trainers, no puzzles. Just a straight shot up. It was a fair bit like Gen 2 actually.

I feel like the Vast Poni Canyon was kinda the substitute for Victory Road. It felt like that to me when I was initially going through it, and it would make sense to have it before what used to be the last part of the Island Challenge. Plus it makes sense that Kukui didn't have time to get a new one set up.

I do think this is what they were going for.

How in the world am i STILL losing in the battle tree?! My lurantis gets Fucking raped by GROUND types?! Does its speed need to raise?! The strategy im using worked WONDERS in the battle maison supers....... So what am i missing!?!? Why is the battle tree rigged?! Not to mention most of the battles ALWAYS has a pokemon effective against my types!!!!

End rant.

EDIT: ninja'd

How in the world am i STILL losing in the battle tree?! My lurantis gets funking raped by GROUND types?! Does its speed need to raise?! The strategy im using worked WONDERS in the battle maison supers....... So what am i missing!?!? Why is the battle tree rigged?! Not to mention most of the battles ALWAYS has a pokemon effective against my types!!!!

End rant.

Raising its speed is likely to do little. Lurantis is just REALLY slow. Even at max it doesn't break 200. As I said, your build is pretty bad. Though Lurantis is honestly pretty lacking as a Pokemon.

Lurantis is just kind of a missed opportunity Pokemon. It's HA is Contrary but it's mostly a physical attacker yet can only make use of it via Leaf Storm, which you have to breed for. It could've at least learned Superpower. It's stats aren't anything to write home about, either.

EDIT: To anyone who's actually trying to catch a lot for the global mission, there's a big post about it on the subreddit with some members offering really good rewards to anyone who reaches 500, and beyond. https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5gnd7a/guide_to_the_global_festival_plaza_mission/

So, I have found the perfect GTS pokemon.

Friendship Ball Snivy.

I put one of these babies up, and everything I ask for, instantly mine. It's great. Got UBs out of this.

Between apricorn balls being super exclusive for stuff and starters almost always being in basic pokeballs I'm not surprised by this. Sadly, you can't get it with its HA that way so it has no competitive use. Luckily most people don't care about that sort of thing.

Between apricorn balls being super exclusive for stuff and starters almost always being in basic pokeballs I'm not surprised by this. Sadly, you can't get it with its HA that way so it has no competitive use. Luckily most people don't care about that sort of thing.

However, when the bank opens, I believe you could breed an HA male with a Friendship Ball female, thus having a 60% chance of getting an HA in a Friendship Ball.

*Chuckles* So I'm giving the Battle Tree a try, and my Kartana is hilarious. Kakurine just keeps sweeping hard after a Swords Dance or two.

EDIT: And of course I'm not allowed to have a good run as naturally I face a team that hard-counters mine before I even have my 10th match. Way to go game. And no, I'm not bitter about you asspulling that bullshit funking 10% burn chance off Flamethrower so your Talonflame got to avoid getting KOed in 2 hits because it was somehow taking little damage from a funking Golisopod's Sucker Punch.

Archived