Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

They apparently also change its second type like this:

Purple: ghost, flying

Red: fire, flying

Pink: psychic, flying

Yellow: electric, flying

Basically their type matches the color.

Really? I had like, NO idea that was the case.

Anywho, I've properly EVed trained my team now, and the difference in stats is pretty phenomenal. Decidueye is pretty good at being the lead on a SOS grinding team, as he gets False Swipe, and recovery in Synthesis or Roost. Plus the ghost typing let's him ignore a lot of normal moves that most wild pokemon use, and being grass lets him ignore Powder moves.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've just reached a 30 Win streak on Super Singles, the highest I have streak I've been on in any Battle Tower-esque facility. Managed to face against Wally, Guzma, and Colress. They weren't that hard...until a Bellhop killed my team with a fricking Staraptor. Still am very determined; I used the prize BP to buy out all the Power items.

The team I used was my Docile Incineroar, my Adamant Mimikyu (4IV Leech Life, Shadow Sneak, Play Rough, Swords Dance w. Life Orb) and my Adamant Golisopod (4IV, Leech Life, First Impression, Aqua Jet, Rock Slide w. Assault Vest).

I've gotten beat by the same guy in Super Singles twice in a row, I don't remember all of his Pokemon but he starts with Avalugg that has Toxic, Protect, Avalanche, and I forget the 4th move. He was really annoying and I barely lost the first time, so when I fought him immediately in the next run I thought I'd be prepared for his shenanigans but the second time he completely changed around the ordering of his moves and he got me again even worse than the first time. XD

Well, I've just reached a 30 Win streak on Super Singles, the highest I have streak I've been on in any Battle Tower-esque facility. Managed to face against Wally, Guzma, and Colress. They weren't that hard...until a Bellhop killed my team with a fricking Staraptor. Still am very determined; I used the prize BP to buy out all the Power items.

The team I used was my Docile Incineroar, my Adamant Mimikyu (4IV Leech Life, Shadow Sneak, Play Rough, Swords Dance w. Life Orb) and my Adamant Golisopod (4IV, Leech Life, First Impression, Aqua Jet, Rock Slide w. Assault Vest).

I've also got a similar setup with Jolly Mimikyu (Hyper Trained 5 IVs, Shadow Claw/Shadow Sneak/Play Rough/Swords Dance, Life Orb) and Adamant Golisopod (not Hyper Trained yet, First Impression/Leech Life/Liquidation/Sucker Punch, Assault Vest) and I sometimes swap around my third but it's mostly been my Adamant Silvally (not Hyper Trained yet, Multi-Attack/Flame Charge/Swords Dance/Rock Slide, been trying various Memory types).

Right now I'm saving up BP to get a second Assault Vest so I can give it to my Dhelmise.

I don't know why you arent using Celesteela, Pheromosa, Xurkitree or any Tapus in the battle tree. I start with Pheromosa with U-Turn. Either OHKO whoever they have with another move or U-Turn, leaving even things that resist at OHKO range for Xurkitree to start sweeping because of Beast Boost. If Xurkitree won't work I would go for Alola Marowak since it and Xurkitree cover anything Pheromosa doesn't cuck.

I'll be honest I didn't know you could use the UBs or Tapus there. I had assumed you couldn't, since mons like Zygarde and Solgaleo weren't allowed.

Now I definitely need to start training my Celesteela, I really wanted to but didn't realize I would actually have a use for it. It'll be an awesome third.

I want to try out Buzzwole as well. His physical stats are hilariously high, and the two I caught are both Impish so their defence is even better, though I do wish I had a Jolly one. Being able to learn Roost is pretty cool, and it has Leech Life for sustain as well. Great stab options as well as lots of coverage with things like Earthquake and the elemental punches is nice.

My guzzlord's (FATARSE) ARE terrible..... except hp, but i suppose thats the counter for his 600+ hp at lv100....saw that on a video. Basically he's a bulky version of blissy.

Any advice on which stats to train him on? (Cant find smogons site........ >_<)

Not gonna lie, when I got to Aether Paradise, I thought the BGM was similar to that of Riverside Station from PMTTYD.

Also, team post-Akala (italics are final)

Shadow the Torracat lv28

Vui the Espeon lv28

Batteryman A the Charjabug lv28

Mudslinger the Mudbray lv27

Ahsha the Fomantis lv27

Boxer the Crabrawler lv27

Hau's Raichu did a number on my team. The fight went almost as bad as the fight against Totem Lurantis.

My guzzlord's (FATARSE) ARE terrible..... except hp, but i suppose thats the counter for his 600+ hp at lv100....saw that on a video. Basically he's a bulky version of blissy.

Any advice on which stats to train him on? (Cant find smogons site........ >_

Google searching him has the Smogon forum thread for him as one of the first results. Not sure why you're having so much trouble.

I'd honestly wait on training him. He is a weird Pokemon and the best direction to go isn't super clear yet. Personally I think mixed defense (252 in Def and Sp.Def) is better in a similar vain to what Chancy uses. You can also go 252 HP and 252 in on of its offensive stats. Hard to say right now which offensive stat is the better one to invest in since he has useable moves on both sides. ATM special seems to be more popular.

tank (haphazard) //

Guzzlord @ Expert Belt / Leftovers | Beast Boost

Modest | 56 Def / 252 SpA / 52 SpD / 148 Spe

• Draco Meteor

• Dark Pulse

• Fire Blast

• Sludge Bomb

Thats what it gave me. For sludge bomb's replacement, is sludge wave good for battle royals?

Somehow listening to this track really hurts. It's soft and gentle and tugs at my heart strings and stuff, dunno why.

The game has a really good OST. Though my personal Poni song of choice is

tank (haphazard) //

Guzzlord @ Expert Belt / Leftovers | Beast Boost

Modest | 56 Def / 252 SpA / 52 SpD / 148 Spe

• Draco Meteor

• Dark Pulse

• Fire Blast

• Sludge Bomb

Thats what it gave me. For sludge bomb's replacement, is sludge wave good for battle royals?

I honestly don't get why Sludge bomb and Wave are TMs. The only difference is you trade 5 power for an increase of 20% on the poison chance. However normal poison is pretty terrible and you'd rather not have your opponent have that as their status affliction. I think Wave is the better move regardless.

The game has a really good OST. Though my personal Poni song of choice is
honestly don't get why Sludge bomb and Wave are TMs. The only difference is you trade 5 power for an increase of 20% on the poison chance. However normal poison is pretty terrible and you'd rather not have your opponent have that as their status affliction. I think Wave is the better move regardless.
I agree.
But one thing I must say:
HOW DOES A LEVEL 27 DITTO TRANSFORMED INTO MY LEVEL 56 LUNALA BEAT MY LUNALA WITH A MOONGIEST!?

EDIT: I also named my bagon (who is now shelgon) CLIFF JUMPER

Oops. Thought I was editing post... Just merge this with the above.

Gonna shout to Shradow for that Minior you bestowed to me. Been sweeping all day with it in Battle Spot.

By the way does anyone have a HA Vulpix? Doesn't matter what nature, moves, or stats it has. I need one to breed for a Timid one w. Egg moves.

I do have a vulpix alolan..... Do you mind if i evolve it into ninetails? Then you could breed it. Into a second one.

Do you have a turtonater?

Currently in the process of chain GTSing my spare Buzzwole for other Buzzwole to try and get one with a Jolly nature. TIL it's German name is Masskito, pretty funny.

Gonna shout to Shradow for that Minior you bestowed to me. Been sweeping all day with it in Battle Spot.

Glad to hear it. What setup do you have on it?

Currently in the process of chain GTSing my spare Buzzwole for other Buzzwole to try and get one with a Jolly nature. TIL it's German name is Masskito, pretty funny.

Glad to hear it. What setup do you have on it?

Minior

252Atk/128Sp.Atk/128Sp

4IV

Naughty

White Herb

Power Gem

Earthquake/Explosion

Acrobatics

Shell Smash

Fits more for being a lategame sweeper but I still put it at the front and quick sweep Acrobatics.

Snow cloak. Does that work? Or is snow Warning its evolution's ability?

Nope. I'm only looking for Snow Warning, which can only be found if you SOS chain Vulpix in the wild. Curse me for having Moon...

Minior

252Atk/128Sp.Atk/128Sp

4IV

Naughty

White Herb

Power Gem

Earthquake/Explosion

Acrobatics

Shell Smash

Fits more for being a lategame sweeper but I still put it at the front and quick sweep Acrobatics.

Nope. I'm only looking for Snow Warning, which can only be found if you SOS chain Vulpix in the wild. Curse me for having Moon...

I think breeding can give a different ability. Right?

If so try breeding (you were going to anyway right?) My vulpix. It might happen.

I agree.

But one thing I must say:

HOW DOES A LEVEL 27 DITTO TRANSFORMED INTO MY LEVEL 56 LUNALA BEAT MY LUNALA WITH A MOONGIEST!?

EDIT: I also named my bagon (who is now shelgon) CLIFF JUMPER

Oops. Thought I was editing post... Just merge this with the above.

When Ditto transforms it copies the stats and stat changes of the other Pokemon. So a level 1 Ditto can beat any level 100 Pokemon since it will have the stats of the level 100 Pokemon. Moongeist Beam is a Ghost move and Lunala is is x4 weak to it. So after STAB and weakness modifiers it is a 600 power move.

I think breeding can give a different ability. Right?

If so try breeding (you were going to anyway right?) My vulpix. It might happen.

Breeding changes it to one of its two main abilities. Since Snow Warning is a Hidden Ability it can only be breed if the mother (or non-Ditto) has it.

Archived