Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, you can catch Horsea but you have to do Island Scan on Melemele Island (Wednesdays). I can't say where the location is, but that's where you're going.

Oh right, Poke Plaza's up at rank 14 now (yeah, those battle tests really do rack up the FC; even if I end up jumping in late). Need to check how much more until I get the facilities that give Bottle Caps and stuff.

-----

So a friend of mine fought a sightseer in the Seafolk Village pokemon centre and the Exeggcute he sent out was shiny. When I saw it myself (during the fight), I was like "That'll do it."

You get 6 Nuggets out of it though, but yeah, one of the few instances in-game (from what I know) that an NPC uses a shiny.

I've been thinking of buying this but have been on the fence because;

1. creepy pokedex entries

2. expecting those entries to be forced onto the screen when i catch or evolve one, since that was what happened in ORAS

so what's a guy to do?

Some of the entries are fine, but otherwise the descriptions are technically darker than they have been in the past. But yes, they will show up on another screen after confirmation ("[Pokemon]'s data will be added").

If you want to buy it so you can keep up with the discussion in this thread, fine. (Or look at the dex descriptions for Serebii and decide out of Sun/Moon, which of the two has the least dark entries for your liking).

Well, you need to catch everything in the Alola dex if you want that Shiny charm. So yes, you technically do need to catch some Ghosts, or somehow get ahold of them for dex completion.

Well I've never been about the dex completion anyways

As for the dex;

And about the non ghosts? (Raeg posted one about Salamence's Moon entry)

If you get Moon, you WILL have to catch Lunala (or Nebby; what do you want to refer it to it by, considering the circumstances?) if you want to move on in the game. That one is partly Ghost.

(Its entry is pretty tame)

As for Salamence's:

Mega Evolution fuels its brutality, and it may even turn on the Trainer who raised it. It’s been dubbed “the blood-soaked crescent.”

Yeah, this one is pretty dark as it implies it'll kill its own Trainer once it Megas. This is something that would probably fit Hydreigon more to be honest.

To be fair, most of the creepy dex entries are about the Ghost-type Pokemon.

Yea, more than the ghosts have creepy entries.

Huh, didn't know it was an intended shiny.

The joke is a shiny Exeggcute is round gold things so you get 6 nuggets for beating him because they look like that.

Anyway, the Pokedex has over 800 entries now (even more since alternate forms now get their own entries) and most of them aren't dark. We've just been sharing the dark ones because its funny how twisted they've been getting. If you don't want to read the dex, just don't read it. You can click through it and be fine.

Sakura already mentioned the nuggets thing so I understood this before your post was made.

Yea, I saw that. My bad.

Creepy dex entries huh? Well gengar's is the creepiest. The one in moon. BTW is it me or is moons dex entries darker than suns?

I've actually found the Sun entries to be creepier. But thats just me.

Well if eiter of giratina's dex entries line up or even suggest the conspiracy theories around it to be canon I just won't buy the game altogether. Gonna say that here so that someone can verify if it's in the game(s) or not.

We won't know the Dex entry till poke bank opens up. Which wont be for another month. I may be wrong though.

Actually, you can catch Horsea but you have to do Island Scan on Melemele Island (Wednesdays). I can't say where the location is, but that's where you're going.

Oh right, Poke Plaza's up at rank 14 now (yeah, those battle tests really do rack up the FC; even if I end up jumping in late). Need to check how much more until I get the facilities that give Bottle Caps and stuff.

-----

[spoiler Horsea]

I know, it's at Kala'e Bay. But you catch pokemon in water by Fishing or Surfing. So which is it? Fortunately, I'll find out tomorrow.

Archived