Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ready to unleash my Eons and my good 'mons from Gen 6 on the Battle Tree (and Royale) once they get here (some of which have survived Super Doubles and beat up legendaries and other competitive stuff in-game [Maison/Institute]). Yeah, and the bred 'mons.

(Thematically, if I'm going to be defending my title as champion, I better have a team that's suitable for one. That, and using a team that can fight at a competitive level; current stuff isn't bad, but IVs are imperfect and abilities aren't always ideal.)

One more month until Bank works...

*Fake smile and violent eye twitch* Well... funk the Battle Royale. First match in the NORMAL funking rank, I face off against a Mega-Venasaur and a strangely convenient enemy team of 3 mons WHO WERE ALL WEAK TO IT! I sheet you not, the guy had Carracosta, Swampert, and Pallosand. All of which were easy kills for the funking thing. I've seen rigged broken sheet, but that takes the funking cake and the plate it came on.

[spoiler=Got 2 of my Pokemon Hyper Trained so far. Those're some satisfying numbers to look at.]

VdpDzAN.jpg?1

Fa1ZPN2.jpg?1

9hkbAVc.jpg?1

xG9Bgcy.jpg?1

And yeah, the Battle Royals funking suck. I only just got around to beating it through the Master Rank now that I have more competitively built Pokemon. Still had plenty of bullshit moments.

Oh wow, even more fair. They have Mega Stones you can't even OBTAIN! funking Mega-Beedrill appeared. Also, naturally when my choice of team has 2 mons with weaknesses to ice that an enemy PROTEAN Greninja should just so happen to have the Icium-Z. Heaven funking forbid it should have the Waterium-Z. Nope, Icium-Z. These matches are more funking rigged than ACTUAL WWE battle royales.

It's not even worth it, either. Beating Master Rank only unlocks a new battle style from the guy at the recycling plant, and you get a medal for the participating Pokemon, but that's it. The BP rewards across every rank are terrible, you're much better of doing Battle Tree.

If anyone wants leafstorm with contrary on a fomantis or a battle let me know. Need to get my ass to sit still.

I'm up for the former, but not on the battles; least until finals are dealt with anyway. Can't do trades now because I'm doing final coursework things.

----

Last time I did Battle Royale, some kid had a Mega Blaziken (I'm asking self "how the hell did this jabroni get a Mega Ring") and wiped out two of my team. I killed said kid afterwards, but yeah. Suppose I should do the Battle Tree at this point; least I know it'll be somewhat similar to the Maison/Showdown and the rewards are better. Just have to train stuff properly.

From what I've seen, Battle Royale are 100% rigged. There's always one character who's the designated "winner" of it, as there is always, ALWAYS an opposing team that the "winner" can pick off quickly with super-effective moves. To secure ANY kind of kill you have to OHKO or you will be kill-stealed by the other two, usually the "winner".

I am having an utter blast with my 2 shiny Eevees. I EV trained the first one I encountered:

Madoka (Sylveon)

4IV

252Sp.Atk/128HP/128Speed

Modest

Choice Specs

Dazzling Gleam

Moonblast

Shadow Ball/Psyshock

Psych Up

And the second one I found:

Captain Planet (Eevee)

0IV

252HP/252Speed/4Def

Calm

Eevelium

Last Resort

Baton Pass

Helping Hand

Protect

Even though its a shame I can't learn Hyper Voice this gen, with this setup, I am just wrecking online Battle Royal. The most KOs I have got in a single game are 7 out of 9, and there were many times where I KOed everyone of their mons at once and even killed normally resistant mons. Only problem was that whenever I got a high amount of KOs the game literally said: "This battle cannot be recorded". Guess they didn't want to record slaughter and murder. 

I haven't tested it either, but if this is like standard battle facilities, then you should get the items back after every fight. If they don't, then Gamefreak screwed up somewhere. 

Wish there were more places to level train stuff in Sun/Moon. Battle Buffet and Morimoto are once per day, and outside of re-challenging the E4, there are very few places to train with the exception of Poni Island postgame (wild Pokemon battles). That's probably one of the gripes I have with this game.

Archived