Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Alolan Marowak is amazing in both VGC format and 6v6 singles

like wew, they only changed his typing and give him better movepool

Most of the Alolan Mon are really good. The only one that got the short end was Dugtrio. Though his existence was important so I imagine it caused them to give Dugtrio the +20 to its ATK stat.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bothered enough to catch Tapu Fini, even though Aqua Ring was a pain to deal with, even after being paralyzed and all. (Though, looking at comments elsewhere, not the only one who had a long battle with it). But yeah, Bold nature, so using a support set that Smogon recommended. 

As for the Battle Buffet, yeah it'll reset if you don't finish all 10 turns so provided you leave before then, you can go back in and fight them. It's tedious and costs 1200 Pokedollars, yes, but you'll get about several times that amount in battles, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. 

(Just going to be long though, but suppose it'll do for now)

Alolan Marowak is pretty much the anti-Tapu and has great matchups against the Ultra Beasts. He basically middle fingers Tapu Koko, scares away Lele with Shadow Bone, and does a considerable amount of damage to Bulu, Celesteela, Kartana, Pheromosa, and Buzzwhole. Add on top a decent movepool with fair enough stats that work with Trick Room and you got a VGC staple.

Which is why if anyone has any spare Adamant Cubones, I'm willing to trade again.

Alolan Marowak is pretty much the anti-Tapu and has great matchups against the Ultra Beasts. He basically middle fingers Tapu Koko, scares away Lele with Shadow Bone, and does a considerable amount of damage to Bulu, Celesteela, Kartana, Pheromosa, and Buzzwhole. Add on top a decent movepool with fair enough stats that work with Trick Room and you got a VGC staple.

Which is why if anyone has any spare Adamant Cubones, I'm willing to trade again.

Any gender preferences? (Currently hatching some right now)

I cannot guarantee they'll have good IVs though (even with Bottle Caps correcting them to be perfect later on). 

Male would be fine. I can breed for IVs so don't worry. When are you gonna be available?

I'll be around for the next couple hours.

Probably just going to be training some other stuff in the meantime. 

----

Side note: Figure out what would be an ideal set for Necrozma, because eventually I'll need to catch it. 

I'll be around for the next couple hours.

Probably just going to be training some other stuff in the meantime. 

----

Side note: Figure out what would be an ideal set for Necrozma, because eventually I'll need to catch it.

Smogon has Timid for a Rock Polish set and Bold for defensive sets. Personally, I'd go Modest on the Rock Polish set. The defensive set seems solid with Rocks, T-Wave, a Recovery Move, and Psychic.

Nanu down, onto Aether Paradise

Team:

Shadow the Incineroar, lv40

Vui the Espeon, lv40

Batteryman A the Charjabug, lv40

Mudslinger the Mudsdale, lv40

Ahsha the Lurantis, lv39

Boxer the Crabrawler, lv39

(Yeah, the levels are a bit low. I turned off the Exp Share for a bit)

Its amazing how without the Exp Share you become under leveled really fast, but with it you're super over leveled. Wish we had a happier middle ground.

What about Marshadow?

That was the one I was talking about. Magearna is around too, but that was distributed more or less at launch.

Ah, I see. And yeah, I did notice that exp.share deal. I was basically equal level and actually having some troubles during the Aether Assault after I had turned off the exp.share, and I then had to turn it back on halfway through.

I also plan to breed my own Snow Warning Ninetales with Freese-Dry and Moonblast. Seems easy enough, since I have a male Primarina that's 10 levels before getting Moonblast, and I can island scan for a Freeze-Dry Swinub on monday. Then I just need to wait for my 6 IV Timid Ditto to breed up.

It's amazing how without the Exp Share you become under leveled really fast, but with it you're super over leveled. Wish we had a happier middle ground.

I was trying to find the middle ground (because I was like 4/5 levels above the AI) by turning the EXP Share off for a bit, but I turned it back on again during the Po Town thing, 'cause I realised how quickly they catch up in levels once I got to Aether.

@British: Yeah, you may want to keep the Exp. Share on. (Granted, I have turned it off on several occasions, but mostly because of EV training purposes [due to not having the stat reduction berries on hand]; that, and stuff was more/less high enough level due to taking time off to EV properly when I could).

At this point though, highest level 'mons I have now are a level 88 Espeon, level 87 Jolteon, level 83 Solgaleo and level 80 Lycanroc-Midday (first two were hatched from eggs). Refresh partially helps because of the boosted experience, but I guess figuring out how to "cheat" the Battle Buffet's one battle per day thing did something too [latter also buffed my in-game money a bit].

(Eventually need to do Battle Tree, so before I go in there, my team needs to be competitive level and be able to deal with the crap that the AI apparently likes to do.)

----

Still have some 'mons on my to-do list for training (EV-wise) and dex completion (whatever doesn't require me to trade evolve anything). Just hope I can keep that Trevenant in Isle Abeens; will be one less thing I have to worry about if it stays. Still need Lunala and Pheromosa for legendaries and UBs; will get Necrozma later on (I wish it had a more defined playstyle or stats better oriented; right now, it's all over the place).

I do use the GTS for some things, but as usual, some people can be rather irrational with their wants (i.e. I want a Petilil*, which shouldn't be difficult to catch, but they want one of the Tapus or some other high level 'mon in exchange). There are the reasonable ones too, so not all of them are bad.

* already got one, so that's dealt with. Probably could've waited until Bank opened and I'd just import whatever I need that isn't an Alola 'mon, but don't know how it'll work out in the end.

Archived