Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it funny how ya boi Guzma, in an attempt to catch an UB while he was in Ultra Space, just ran up and tried to grab it. Now that's how I imagine he got all his Pokemon, like he found a Golisopod and just tackled it to the ground and shoved it in a ball or something.

Okay, got every rare Fishing pokemon up to route 7, and I have a Female Salandit, which I named Misty after Misty Tredwell from Yugioh 5ds. I wanted to name her Mona Lisa after the TMNT character, but apparently I can't do that. I also have two Cubone, one for normal Marowak, one for Alolan Marowak. Anyone have a recommendation for a good Salazzle moveset?

I find it funny how ya boi Guzma, in an attempt to catch an UB while he was in Ultra Space, just ran up and tried to grab it. Now that's how I imagine he got all his Pokemon, like he found a Golisopod and just tackled it to the ground and shoved it in a ball or something.

That is a pretty amazing mental image.

Okay, got every rare Fishing pokemon up to route 7, and I have a Female Salandit, which I named Misty after Misty Tredwell from Yugioh 5ds. I wanted to name her Mona Lisa after the TMNT character, but apparently I can't do that. I also have two Cubone, one for normal Marowak, one for Alolan Marowak. Anyone have a recommendation for a good Salazzle moveset?

You can not get normal Marowak in the game.

dat random Hiker doe

I lost it at the Hiker. The trial was pretty simple, but it was just to funny for me to have anything but love for it.

Anyway, honest question, why are people using SOS battles for Shiny Pokemon? I don't know how good the odds become, but I honestly think if you want Shiny Pokemon breeding is 100% the better way to go about it. When you catch a wild Pokemon you have no minimal control over nature, ability, IVs, and you lose access to egg moves. Even with bottle caps getting the IVs to perfect I don't understand why you'd be willing to put in the time and effort for a shiny Pokemon only for it to end up really lacking in actual usability. Maybe, I'm just to focused on the usability aspect, but it just seems weird to me. Though, in full disclosure, I've never been super into going for shiny Pokemon to begin with.

You can at least use Synchronize for Natures, and past a certain point you're guaranteed at least 4IVs, I believe. And I don't know for sure but a quick google search has brought back odds of 1/516 through chaining, apparently.

And having bred for shinies before, at least to me SOS chaining is way more appealing and interesting.

I lost it at the Hiker. The trial was pretty simple, but it was just to funny for me to have anything but love for it.

Anyway, honest question, why are people using SOS battles for Shiny Pokemon? I don't know how good the odds become, but I honestly think if you want Shiny Pokemon breeding is 100% the better way to go about it. When you catch a wild Pokemon you have no minimal control over nature, ability, IVs, and you lose access to egg moves. Even with bottle caps getting the IVs to perfect I don't understand why you'd be willing to put in the time and effort for a shiny Pokemon only for it to end up really lacking in actual usability. Maybe, I'm just to focused on the usability aspect, but it just seems weird to me. Though, in full disclosure, I've never been super into going for shiny Pokemon to begin with.

This should answer your question.

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/sosbattle.shtml

You can at least use Synchronize for Natures, and past a certain point you're guaranteed at least 4IVs, I believe. And I don't know for sure but a quick google search has brought back odds of 1/516 through chaining, apparently.

And having bred for shinies before, at least to me SOS chaining is way more appealing and interesting.

Synchronize only give a 50/50 odds still right? And even with 4 IV, you can end up with one of them being in the dead stat. Again, breeding just gives you much better control over those things.

Assuming that isn't including the shiny charm that is twice as likely with just the Masuda method at least. Assuming it isn't and the shiny charm works with it that would give you about a 1/400 chance if my understanding of shiny odds and the shiny charm are correct.

I actually think both are pretty monotonous. At least with breeding you don't need to pay much attention to what you're doing.

This should answer your question.

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/sosbattle.shtml

I get why SOS battles are good for stuff like EVs and HAs. I don't see the value in getting shiny Pokemon through it though.

To be fair, in the case of the shiny Charjabug I caught, I didn't care about IVs, natures n' junk, I wanted it for the reference (that I was chatting 'bout at the beginning of July).

I can totally get that at least. I think your insane for spending that much time for a casual Pokemon, but who am I to judge. Especially when I'm setting up the Pokemon for my living dex to have all the fixing and what not.

[spoiler=I am now the proud owner of this beauty.]44z7N47.jpg?1

bYswDjz.jpg?1

I want it.....

It's just a shame shiny Vikavolt looks nothing like Red Tornado in terms of color. Gonna have to leave that thing as a Charjabug forever.

I actually think both are pretty monotonous. At least with breeding you don't need to pay much attention to what you're doing.

True, but SOSing hurts me left thumb less because I don't have to move around so much.

It's just a shame shiny Vikavolt looks nothing like Red Tornado in terms of color. Gonna have to leave that thing as a Charjabug forever.

True, but SOSing hurts me left thumb less because I don't have to move around so much.

I've said it before, but the number 1 thing I'm going to miss when I start breeding stuff in Gen 7 is the circle around Prism Tower. Just being able to put down my 3DS and do other stuff while the eggs hatch is so nice.

It didn't take that long, only took 'bout 25 mins, and I was watching anime at the time as well, but I can put all that behind me now.

You found a shiny faster than me finding a single Jangmo-o. How?

Y'know, I find it a touch redundant that Alolan Marowaks get Rock Head as their hidden ability when currently they only get 1 recoil move with Flare Blitz.

It really only needs one good move to take advantage of it. Electric Immunity is likely better, especially since it has double battle applications, but I can see a case being made for the ability to spam Flare Blitz.

There is a case for Flare Blitz Rock head later in the format, even take VGC where team preview and conditioning limits your options/willingness to fire off Thunderbolt

Before alolan marowak rock head was even more redundant nig had legit no abilities in singles oof

Archived