Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

The thing I expect, in regards to the unobtainable M-Stones, is that there will either be a patch, or there already exists a means to "unlock" the stones after Bank is updated to be compatible. The Stones that are available, to my knowledge, are for Pokemon that are legally obtainable in S/M without Bank. Similarly, I hope they add Pokedex entries and such for the National Dex Pokes (and an option to view those pages), even if they're not needed for Shiny Charm and such.

It's one of those things, where I can't imagine the developers NOT considering that this would aggravate people once transferring Gen VI and older Pokemon became available. Until those Pokemon are available, it doesn't really matter, but it would make people anxious.

I also wouldn't be surprised if some of the M-Stones become available over Global Link, as opposed to somewhere in-game. That would be a nuisance, actually.

While Sun and Moon have done a lot to break or tweak the usual conventions, I think part of the reason for the "limited" content is so people will have time to familiarize themselves with the new Pokemon, abilities, mechanics, etc, before letting everything from the past generations flood in. But outright preventing half of a key mechanic from being available once the corresponding Pokemon are available, would not only be completely arbitrary, but it'd piss people off so badly. It'd be a terrible way to start off a Generation, especially one that is confirmed to allow you to transfer your Gen VI stuff over.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So like I said, I beat the E4 last night(stayed up till like 2 just to finish the main story)

This was the progress I made with my team by beating them.

Artemis(Lunala) lv 56 to 58

Traded Mimikyu(was lv 1 when I got it) lv 56 to 60

Sireilila (Primarina) lv 54 to 58

Gamma<3Alona<3(Tsareena) lv 52 to 57

Traded Incineroar(was lv 1 when I got it) lv 55 to 61

Misaka (Vikavolt) lv 54 to 57

The pokemon who was MVP by nearly soloing 2 of the E4 all on their own(Fighting & Rock) goes to Gamma<3Alona<3. She also got the most action in general out of everyone.

[spoiler=Gamma<3Alona<3]

Tsareena.full.2045903.jpg

Nature: Lax (Meh)

Move pool

Teeter Dance(Was Handy)

Trop Kick (Damn this is so good)

Captivate(need to get rid of this)

High Jump Kick (Didn't do as much as I would have liked)

Item: Grassium Z

Didn't end up using Mimikyu at all.

None of my pokemon are EV invested properly

Well, there's the optimization being chunky as hell on anything other than single battles. The clearly rigged nature of the Royales to beyond bullshit cheating levels. The fact that the Exp.Share and Affection is mandatory to keep up with the AI without needing to grind excessively. The fact that Super Training is gone and thus you need to lucksack berries from ONE spot each day in order to reduce EVs until you can grow them in bulk yourself. The fact that they used a pointless graph to show EVs when they didn't even bother to add the NUMBERS for how many EVs you have. The fact that you either need to suffer SOS chaining for max EVs, or face a 15 3/4 hour wait in Poke Pelago IF you use beans to halve the time. Going back to scaling exp like in Gen 5 without even offering a decent cash cow exp mon like the Audinos were. The fact that you have to do ALL connection stuff via Festival Plaza instead of the seamless user interface Gen 6 used. The fact that every time you want to connect to the internet you need to do a Game Sync, thereby chewing up a lot of time. The fact that Poke Miles are useless in the game itself and to make them useful you need to Game Sync. The fact that you have to UNLOCK the IV Judge first.

While most of these things have work arounds, I do agree with all of this. As I said before, the main game was done exceptionally well, and it my pick for best one in the franchise. The competitive end took a step backwards. Not a major one, but it is noticeable.

Thats kind of the point. They want to replay the game again and don't want to go buy the other version. The only thing you'd want to do is send the Pokemon you care about to someone else so you don't lose them.

That's exactly it! I realized that if i complete the Pokédex I wont have anything else to do......

Just a reason why I trade with me, unless I need the third starter..

Speaking of, I got two Gastly and am willing to trade 1 for a lv 1 Litten.

I can breed a Litten later. All I ask is you help me get my Feebas to Evolve.

So basically, I breed a Litten

I trade Feebas for what ever. Then I trade the Litten for the Evolved Feebas.

That sound okay?

EDIT: Litten is bred, if your okay with the offer just let me know what you want it to be named.

That's exactly it! I realized that if i complete the Pokédex I wont have anything else to do......

I already completed the Dex, yet I am still having a good time raising competitive Pokemon and playing with friends. You can still set other goals like defeating the Battle Tree after raising some good Pokemon. But if you're still bored you  can always just buy the other game and play it again, with new Pokemon and possibly a challenge like a Nuzlocke. It seems like a lot of effort wasted if you want to restart.

I'm thinking of buying Moon if I get the chance; partly because I want to play the Female character and see how the game works with an inverted time. (And yeah, I want my own Lunala / Pheromosa and a bunch of other stuff; plus storage for some of my 'mons from previous generations).

Still haven't finished Sun yet (dex-wise or the battle facilities). Can't really breed too many competitive 'mons until my 6 IV Ditto arrives from Gen 6. 

I still need to get a Vanillish, but I don't know when weather battles are triggered on Mt. Lanakila. (It doesn't seem to have the hail condition when I go there, despite it snowing all the time).

That, and some trade evolutions but those can wait (either I do it with self over GTS, or import them from Gen 6).

I can breed a Litten later. All I ask is you help me get my Feebas to Evolve.

So basically, I breed a Litten

I trade Feebas for what ever. Then I trade the Litten for the Evolved Feebas.

That sound okay?

EDIT: Litten is bred, if your okay with the offer just let me know what you want it to be named.

When I get a Prism scale, I'll let you know.

I'll have to pick up my FC from Plaza when I get home; don't exactly have time to do it now. 

(But yeah, I don't think a lot of people even looked; otherwise number might've been higher, but still, 100 mil is a lot. I caught 117 for this [might've went up a bit after Game Sync, but still not enough], despite being selective on what I needed [due to dex purposes and stuff])

----

@destinyexodia: Hopefully you at least sent your existing 'mons over to someone for safe-keeping, unless you reset everything too. 

----

As for the hail stuff, I guess I'll have to bring in either a Hail setter [last time I checked, Alola doesn't have one] or a Pokemon that can use it (Glaceon comes to mind though, because I have one ready). 

I will admit that I derped when I caught Salandit earlier in my playthrough, I forgot males don't evolve, so instead of releasing it, I decided to keep it, but my reason for doing so was a bit weird. So I went to look at it in the pokedex and viewed its back, it was then I thought "This looks familiar" and thus I changed the name of my Salandit; Chaos 2 (again after the robot from Robot Wars).

It didn't stop there, I even went to name a Skarmory; Razer.

Now I'm tempted to go back to gen 6 and breeding for a shiny Clauncher, so I can name it Thermidor 2.

So I built a PayDay Smeargle build and I'm using it right now to build a Smeargle S.O.S.

Name: Artemisia

Moves: Payday, Recycle, False Swipe, Roost

item: Leppa Berry

As support I have an Alolan Persian(Perty) with Switcheroo & Leppa Berry as well as Gift Munchlax.

I plan on using this to deal with Ditto's too. So I can get a Shiny 4 PIV one.

Thanks. Is it near the island with Tapu Bulu or Tapu Fini?

You can travel there by going to Poni Island and talking with the person who has the Magicarp Ship at Seafolk Village. He'll take you there.

Archived