Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Speaking of Smeargle, is there an easy way to have him trace moves in Gen 7?

Yeah, pretty easy.

First catch a Smeargle of your own with what ever you want it's first sketch to be.Level it till it gets another sketch. Then battle another Smeargle with the desired move you want so it sketches it. Then switch out to your Smeargle and sketch the sketched move.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, pretty easy.

First catch a Smeargle of your own with what ever you want it's first sketch to be.Level it till it gets another sketch. Then battle another Smeargle with the desired move you want so it sketches it. Then switch out to your Smeargle and sketch the sketched move.

The problem with this method is you can accidentally kill the Smeargle, especially with how low a level it is. In Gen 6 I just used double battles and would trace the moves of my own Pokemon.

The problem with this method is you can accidentally kill the Smeargle, especially with how low a level it is. In Gen 6 I just used double battles and would trace the moves of my own Pokemon.

Yeah, that was a small problem when trying to get Payday but I put a Flame Orb on my Alolan Meowth which fixed that problem right up. But it's still doable if you wait for the S.O.S. and use the desired move on the original Smeargle.

If only there was a Pokemon that could simultaneously:

-Have the Intimidate Ability

-Learn False Swipe

-Have a move that can check abilities/held items

-Is resistant to a lot of moves/can take hits/can learn evasive-type moves

-Can inflict status conditions

-Have decent kill moves with fair PP

Then SOS would be a bit less of a pain. Seriously, it gets annoying af when EV Training or Shiny Hunting that stuff like Poison, Wrap, and Confusion makes you waste 10+ heal items every time and makes everything a bore. And switch ins just take too much time to setup, especailly getting these Pokemon in the first place. My Lurantis pretty much is tried of getting Poisoned and Paralyzed and being inflicted by every other pain tiny buggers do on her.

If only there was a Pokemon that could simultaneously:

-Have the Intimidate Ability

-Learn False Swipe

-Have a move that can check abilities/held items

-Is resistant to a lot of moves/can take hits/can learn evasive-type moves

-Can inflict status conditions

-Have decent kill moves with fair PP

Then SOS would be a bit less of a pain. Seriously, it gets annoying af when EV Training or Shiny Hunting that stuff like Poison, Wrap, and Confusion makes you waste 10+ heal items every time and makes everything a bore. And switch ins just take too much time to setup, especailly getting these Pokemon in the first place. My Lurantis pretty much is tried of getting Poisoned and Paralyzed and being inflicted by every other pain tiny buggers do on her.

Does the Intimidate increase stack with the Adrenaline Orb? If it doesn't then you don't really need it.

Pangoro is the closest to matching that description though. Has Scrappy has his HA, gets Entertainment to ability check, and learns False Swipe

I got a Snow Warning Vulpix a while ago; took about 20 or so kills, but it came. Neutral nature (but can breed for a better one) and IVs weren't bad (perfects in SpDef and Spd).

At the moment, trying to SOS for a Politoed, but stupid Poliwag refuses to call anything but itself (and Poliwhirl on 2 occasions out of, what, 50+ now), even with Rain Dance up.

I got lucky with finding a Bagon on GTS a couple weeks ago, so just breeding it and now I have some relatively good ones. (If I want to try hunting for one in the wild, I could, but easier to breed). Yeah, one I got was Brave nature (probably why the guy didn't want too much for it), but didn't care since I had a Ditto with the nature that I did want.

As it stands now, only things left for me to get for dex outside Lunala and Pheromosa is the Shieldon evo line, Archeops, the item evolution 'mons, Vanillite/Vanilluxe (yeah, you need to bring your own weather on the mountain) and some pre-evolutions of stuff already found in-game among other misc things Right now, 259 'mons that actually count for the dex, so yeah (I'd make a precise list of what I still need to do, but it's late right now). Can probably wait for January when I import the item evos that aren't Milotic.

GTS continues to disappoint for its absurd requests, even with the legend and mythics filter.

Luckily I only need a few left for the Dex. Celesteela, Lunala, Politoed, Kingdra, Slowking, and Scizor.

One thing I hadn't thought about: I hope the Island Scan pokémon will automatically have their dex entries filled in come January. I'd hate to find out that I'd have to breed my Hydreigon just to fill in Deino and Zweilous entries.

GTS continues to disappoint for its absurd requests, even with the legend and mythics filter.

Luckily I only need a few left for the Dex. Celesteela, Lunala, Politoed, Kingdra, Slowking, and Scizor.

One thing I hadn't thought about: I hope the Island Scan pokémon will automatically have their dex entries filled in come January. I'd hate to find out that I'd have to breed my Hydreigon just to fill in Deino and Zweilous entries.

Only use GTS when you have to, and it's easier to put the thing up yourself (also makes it easier for other people who want a fair trade to find something). If you put up one of the Kartana you caught and ask for a Celesteela, someone might give you one. While it doesn't guarantee that you'll actually get a good nature one (I got a Relaxed nature one, which works nice for defensive stuff), it'll have to do.

But yes, the guys on GTS are idiots and want unreasonable things (probably little kids who don't know trade value); chances of them self-trading with themselves is low (and I'm not in the mood to determine precise probabilities right now).

Politoed's available at night via weather SOS in Maile City; was trying to do it this morning but Poliwag didn't like calling it even after an hour or so.

This is why I don't bother with the GTS, unreasonable idiots wanting good/rare 'mons for something fairly common.

Last time I used it myself was way back in Gen 4 when someone wanted a Floatzel for their Prinplup, which was rather reasonable in my eyes, and the Piplup-line was the only starter line I didn't have back then. (and that was like 8 years ago)

I can understand people wanting good stuff for stronger 'mons or things that are hard to get, but hell forbid they want a UB/box legendary/Tapu/Necrozma for something that has a 30-50% encounter rate all-around. (i.e. I want a Sandshrew, but idiot wants level 91+ Pokemon or the above).

I guess if I was desperate enough, could've asked Zex to catch one for me if he comes around (or that kid I know RL who got Moon). I got one already, so no big deal.

----

(Would be nice to actually put custom messages in GTS; tell people "do not make idiot trades" or "self-trading", or something along those lines; not like people ever respect the latter [least from Gen 6].)

Archived