Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Leech Life buff works really good on my Evoboosted Araquanid. Despite Liquidation being his go-to "hit's like a concrete brick dropped from orbit" move during Rain, Leech Life is an ensured 20% or more heal on a neutral hit., and with his natural bulk and Evoboosted defenses, it turns him into this absurd killing machine.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDIT: I've got over 178 hours in Sun so far. I don't think I've even come close to that amount of playtime in any main series Pokemon game before.

I'm closing in on 1000 hours for Y. Not sure I'm going to have nearly as much time in Moon even only because I'll already have most of the living dex finished and already have a ton of competitively trained mon.

I'm at 64 hours and haven't beaten the story yet. O.o That's definitely a record for me. For a Pokemon game anyways.

EDIT: Did Lillie just make a sex joke about Exeggutor? O.o

I feel like a lot of people are going slower through this games main story than has been the case in the past. Might just be me though.

What was the joke?

Aqua Jet is really the only egg move he cares about, and that's if you want consistent priority once First Impression is done. Personally I find Sucker Punch to be enough, and it gives me more coverage since I run Liquidation for my water move.

Problem with Sucker Punch is it has a real chance to be read if they know you have it. Though against the AI this isn't as likely, even if Battle Tree AI is better than most trainer AI.

Golisopod needs priority less than I originally thought, most of the time he can tank hits for days and just smash faces in with non-priority moves, at least in my experience. Either he's the last in my party so Emergency Exit is irrelevant, or Leech Life is enough to keep him up topped up.

Golisopod needs priority less than I originally thought, most of the time he can tank hits for days and just smash faces in with non-priority moves, at least in my experience. Either he's the last in my party so Emergency Exit is irrelevant, or Leech Life is enough to keep him up topped up.

I suppose. I honestly feel the power difference between Aqua Jet and Sucker Punch if pretty small, and the extra type coverage isn't super worth it. I can see the argument for Punch over Jet, but I'd prefer the more reliable option. Honestly, thats how I am with a lot of moves and what not.

Yeah, I generally prefer to have reliable moves that can cover bases when needed; Sucker Punch is cool though, but will miss if set-up. Aqua Jet's slower and 20 BP weaker (factoring in STAB), but you know it'll hit (outside of Protect users and the accuracy-reduction stuff, but you get it). I checked the one I have; it does have Aqua Jet, so should be okay. (Only issue is Attack is imperfect, but can't do much about it).

Just have to use it and see.

To be fair, I took 3 days to finish up the main story last generation; Gen 7 took about two weeks (which is a bit longer than what I spent in White 2 on average; granted, I do get access to stronger 'mons in comparison there [well, Swords of Justice]). Have a little more than 136 hours logged on Sun right now; 240 'mons registered for dex (well, 239 that'll get me the Shiny Charm; minus Magearna).

Yeah, I generally prefer to have reliable moves that can cover bases when needed; Sucker Punch is cool though, but will miss if set-up. Aqua Jet's slower and 20 BP weaker (factoring in STAB), but you know it'll hit (outside of Protect users and the accuracy-reduction stuff, but you get it). I checked the one I have; it does have Aqua Jet, so should be okay. (Only issue is Attack is imperfect, but can't do much about it).

Just have to use it and see.

To be fair, I took 3 days to finish up the main story last generation; Gen 7 took about two weeks (which is a bit longer than what I spent in White 2 on average; granted, I do get access to stronger 'mons in comparison there [well, Swords of Justice]). Have a little more than 136 hours logged on Sun right now; 240 'mons registered for dex (well, 239 that'll get me the Shiny Charm; minus Magearna).

Sucker Punch was nerfed so the power difference is only 10 now.

I know it also took my a fair bit longer to beat the game IRL. Part of that was from me doing more than just jamming as much Pokemon as possible, but I'm also pretty sure it took +10 hours for me to beat the game vs. Y too.

If I didn't care about EVs and just said "screw proper training", probably would've been done earlier but team would be seriously messed up in the end. Then again, lack of viable Sp. Atk areas outside the Abandoned Megamart doesn't really help considering half my team is special attackers (starter, Espeon and Jolteon). Physical attack has a ton of spots, including Poni Grove.

(Ideally, find places where the 'mons give 2 EVs for the stat I want and said Pokemon are abundant [they'll come out frequently].)

Oh right, and replacing Horde battles with SOS; still would've liked Horde battles because SOS ones can be a legitimate pain in the ass to work with, even if they do yield special 'mons if lucky.

I feel like a lot of people are going slower through this games main story than has been the case in the past. Might just be me though

I've clocked in 43 hours so far, and I've only just got onto Poni Island

I've said it before, but yeah, it is astonishing that the trainers have actually caught up with me in levels (my team is at level 44 after beating Lusamine)

Fighting Oricorios would be a lot easier though; don't need to carry low Level 'mons or intentionally use noneffective moves to keep things from killing themselves. Oricorio did show up rather often when I encountered them, despite them being a 20% pull; least the 'Ula'ula ones.)

----

On another note, would be nice if we could put custom messages on GTS as opposed to using the default ones; would be nice to tell certain players "do not interrupt self-trade or something". I suppose they took that feature out b/c some players might use it to write obscene things; don't think I saw people do this last generation, but could be wrong.

I don't want to have to use GTS because idiot players (harsh, but it's true [think some of us said stuff about them a couple pages back]), but some things do require trade evolving (and/or version exclusive) and that's the only way I can get them (unless I can wait until next month to drag everything over). If I end up getting Moon, going to be doing a lot of evolving between games b/c of this.

Well, time for me to go Island scanning. I have access to all of Akala island now. For this I'll need help from my Snorlax lv. 18 with Hold Back.

Today is Sunday

[spoiler Akala Island Scan pokemon]

• Sunday - Gothita. Route 6.
  • Monday - Spheal, Route 7 Surfing
  • Tuesday - Luxio, Route 8
  • Wednesday - Honedge, Akala Outskirts
  • Thursday - Venipede, Route 4
  • Friday - Bellsprout
  • Saturday - Marill

Though I have to ask, why Luxio instead of Shinx?

I feel like a lot of people are going slower through this games main story than has been the case in the past. Might just be me though.

What was the joke?

Just after you are done with the compulsory Exeggutor fight Lillie says:

"I think that the good weather in Alola has let it grow a bit more vigorously than I'd prefer."

(I just finished there myself, and I picked up on it)

^This but I wouldn't have thought to much of it had the cinematic not moved to just her mouth after saying it and laughing.

HP: Grimer at the Trainers School/Malie City Outskirts(+1)

Atk: Yungoos/Spinarak at Route 1/Gumshoos at Malie City Outskirts (+1-2)

Def: Alolan Geodude at Route 12 (+1)

Sp.Atk: Magmemite at Trainers School/Malie City Outskirts (+1)

Sp.Def: Drowzee at Route 2 (+1)

Spd: Meowth at Trainers School/Hau'oli City (+1)

Here are my EV Training methods, since almost all close together. I might need better alternatives to Def, HP, and Sp.Atk since those pokemon get annoying to face against. The proximity is that I'm close to the mall so I can start grinding for XP after.

^This but I wouldn't have thought to much of it had the cinematic not moved to just her mouth after saying it and laughing.

Yeah, I thought the same thing regarding that.

EDIT: Just beat Gladion on Mount Lanakila

Team:

- Shadow the Incineroar lv52

- Vui the Espeon lv52

- Batteryman A the Vikavolt lv52

- Mudslinger the Mudsdale lv52

- Ahsha the Lurantis lv51

- Boxer the Crabominable lv52

I think I might be underlevelled at this point.

Archived