Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I spent a total of 5-ish hours trying to use the Masuda Method, with the first time for me testing 2 Japanese Pokemon in the thought my odds would increase. Little did I know, if they're from the same country, there is no effect. So basically I'm stuck with 332/11 boxes full of 4-5 IV Rowlets all infesting my boxes and Pelago.

Anyone care for adopting Jolly ones?

I finally caught a level 10 Salamence. Thought it would've taken longer tbph, as it was the 6th 'mon called from the initial Bagon.

Didn't bother damaging it and took 1 Ultra Ball to catch. (Last time I caught a full health Salamence with 1 Ultra Ball was in XD, and that was an accident as I meant to go for Maectric that turn)

Now I can go grinding.

Already made it to ulaula. I chose popplio. The electric trial is not going to be fun.... :( Unless anyone knows of any accessable ground types at the time.....

You just reminded me that Totem Vikavolt will most likely be a problem for me in my Moon run. Gonna need a temp team member for that.

Anyone care for adopting Jolly ones?

Maybe, it'd save me from having to start again on one of my games.

You just reminded me that Totem Vikavolt will most likely be a problem for me in my Moon run. Gonna need a temp team member for that.

Maybe, it'd save me from having to start again on one of my games.

If you have a strong Fire-type or rock type it should be no problem. Recomendations are Torracat, Quilava, Nosepass, and Lycanroc.

If you have a strong Fire-type or rock type it should be no problem. Recomendations are Torracat, Quilava, Nosepass, and Lycanroc.

Already used the Litten-line in Sun, ns that's a no

Can't be funked to trade over Quilava tbph, so it's redundant Island-scanning on Moon for one

Nosepass isn't really my cup of tea

In all seriousness, I'll end up making the decision as and when, and the 'mon I end up using may end up being something else.

To be fair, you can beat the Totem Pokemon without needing a Fire or Rock 'mon, but you'll just have to use raw power to do it. Kind of forgot how I beat it, but think I did have a Midday Lycanroc by then. (Or just get ahold of a super effective move as coverage).

As for the Jolly Rowlets, partly interested. I may want to breed one of my own and/or send it to Moon when I get a copy. Haven't been breeding too much, except for stuff I want. Come January, probably will be doing more breeding for competition.

To be fair, you can beat the Totem Pokemon without needing a Fire or Rock 'mon, but you'll just have to use raw power to do it. Kind of forgot how I beat it, but think I did have a Midday Lycanroc by then. (Or just get ahold of a super effective move as coverage).

I can't remember how I beat it in Sun either but I know it wasn't too much of a problem as I had the likes of Mudsdale on my team. Ofc my team on Moon will be different so I'll have a different experience.

The only Totem that was ever an issue was Wishiwashi. Mudsdale trashed Salazzle and Vikavolt, and my Salazzle trashed Lurantis.

*Thinks*

Fucking wishiwashi! Damn he was trouble for my first play through moon...... Especially when i had no electric or gas types.

Already used the Litten-line in Sun, ns that's a no

Can't be funked to trade over Quilava tbph, so it's redundant Island-scanning on Moon for one

Nosepass isn't really my cup of tea

In all seriousness, I'll end up making the decision as and when, and the 'mon I end up using may end up being something else.

Just remember, Vikavolt's part bug. It's why I suggested Fire or Rock types.

*Thinks*

funking wishiwashi! Damn he was trouble for my first play through moon...... Especially when i had no electric or gas types.

How could you not have any Electric or Grass types? Did you not Island scan for Chikorita, or get a Pichu or Magnemite, or Petilil, or even the Bounsweet you can get from a trade, or a Formantis? Did you even pick Rowlet as a starter?

Just remember, Vikavolt's part bug. It's why I suggested Fire or Rock types.

How could you not have any Electric or Grass types? Did you not Island scan for Chikorita, or get a Pichu or Magnemite, or Petilil, or even the Bounsweet you can get from a trade, or a Formantis? Did you even pick Rowlet as a starter?

Funny story. I didn't even know about Island scan until you made a bunch of posts about it recently. But then again, I avoided this topic during my first playthrough.

Nah, it's just that the rain buffs its already horrific sp.atk Water Gun, and Pikachu takes hits as well as wet cake. My Dartrix was basically the only one who could take the damn thing on. Of course his only grass move was Razor Leaf, which killed the ally Wishiwashi too. And then the Alomomola came along, and instantly it's ability healed the paralysis my Pikachu inflicted. And Totem Wishiwashi spammed Growl the entire battle.

Nah, it's just that the rain buffs its already horrific sp.atk Water Gun, and Pikachu takes hits as well as wet cake. My Dartrix was basically the only one who could take the damn thing on. Of course his only grass move was Razor Leaf, which killed the ally Wishiwashi too. And then the Alomomola came along, and instantly it's ability healed the paralysis my Pikachu inflicted. And Totem Wishiwashi spammed Growl the entire battle.

Huh it's interesting how different our experiences were.

I literally just used Charge Beam a bunch with Misdrevous and healed up twice during the fight.

Granted a crit at a couple moments and I'd have lost Gwen but barring that....

Granted without Soak I feel like it would have been so much harder.

Well, to be fair Charge Beam DOES buff Sp.Atk with each use, and my Dartrix was dealing with what was eventually -4 Atk due to all the Growls, because Totem Wishiwashi rarely actually attacked him, no, the Alomomola did that when Wishi was nerfing him. Totem Wishiwashi is, in my opinion, the Wake-up Call Boss due to the fact that literally everything in the fight is stacked in its favour. Constant rain to buff its Water Gun, and an Alomomola that heals both its status conditions and its HP. Also its Totem Power boosts its Def too.

Yeah, the first Totem is laughably easy, usually because of Brick Break being given inside the Trial area. The Wishiwashi, however, is unexpectedly powerful. It's a reminder that Totem battles are GOING to be tough going in, unless you're either well-prepared or lucky. And then the other Totems follow suit.

Salazzle is fast and hits hard. Lurantis is evil. Vikavolt ironically is nerfed by using physical attacks, despite its 145 base SpATK. Mimikyu is rough if you're not sure how to deal with it.

Wishiwashi was the only issue for me. My Trumbeak wiped Totem Gumshoos wih Brick Break (it's so dumb they give it to you in that Trial). My Mudbray (not Mudsdale) used High Horsepower for a OHKO on Salazzle before she could even call for help. Likewise, my Salandit wiped Lurantis stupidly fast. I actually stalled in that fight in order to get Castform to Sunny Day before I used the Firium-Z move on Lurantis. Vikavolt could only Bug Bite Mudsdale, since it couldn't Spark him, and each bite just powered him up thanks to Stamina. I wasted Decidueye's Special Z-Power on Mimikyu's Disguise, but a Spirit Shackle and it went down quickly. Kommo-o went down fast in a grudge match with my Salamence.

In all, Wishiwashi is the only truly hard one (to me), since you're under-powered and under-prepared for that fight.

Archived