Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Either the guys who played it have no life and otherwise beat all of the Super levels of Battle Tree / Royale, or people cheated. I don't really know at this point (but I only activated it last night). Or I suppose an error in the coding took in ALL of the BP people got before the event.

* shrugs *

I still need 5 BP to get a Heavy Ball; got 2 while challenging Battle Tree on bus ride home (yeah, not much, but I had to use whatever power 'mons I had). Hell forbid I had to deal with a Gravity/Sandstorm team. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...WHAT?! Seriously? How did they get so much BP in like no time at all? It hasn't even been 12 hours!

I'd imagine they would be taking advantage of the QR Rental Team System to make sure they can rush it with someone elses best possible team yada yada.

Probably (a lot of them are on the Global Link site; though mostly Japanese). They'd also need a lot of time to do this, or a ton of people thereof.

I don't really login to my PGL account unless I need to check something, so getting the QR things is out. (Might think about it for Royale though, as that can be a pain in the ass to deal with [considering some guys apparently carry legendaries]).

====

Don't think I'll be able to get too much BP within the deadline, considering college and all, but if the goal's already met, then we're fine. You only need 5 anyway for the Heavy Ball (when I'm going to use it; idk). 

====

I need a more specific team strategy, even though whatever I had worked, but general rule for me is cover my weaknesses / have moves to handle checks/counters. Unless I said something, all of them have perfect IVs in areas where I need it. 

[spoiler=Current team (at least from today anyway)]

• Latias (imported from Gen 6; sweep set)
  • Arcanine (well, IVs aren't perfect, but high enough [think 22+ or something; HP is perfect] for what I need to do for now; still level 70 right now; Intimidate)
  • Jolteon (hand-bred; I need coverage moves on this besides Shadow Ball; know I have Volt Switch and I have a U-Turn user below.)
  • Pheromosa (traded over from Moon; usual Smogon set [or whatever's seeing play on there])

Some of the mons you face in the Battle Tree are the funking WORST. Like this bullshit Umbreon with Confuse Ray, Moonlight, Curse, and Payback w/ Leftovers and probably a nature favouring defence. I wouldn't even be putting up with the jabroni if not for the PHENOMENAL miss rate of my moves. Focus Miss nonewithstanding, but Power Whip, of all funking things, shouldn't be as missing as much as it did. Against a Mawile it missed 3 times out of 4, on a funking 15% chance to miss.

A new event has begun around the globe. This event gives the Mega Stones for Mewtwo, the Mewtwonite X and the Mewtwonite Y. This is given with the code: M2DESCENT. Currently there is no end date known for this distribution so be sure to get it while you still can.
It is also confirmed that the gift for the Beedrillite and Mawilite for entry in the 2017 International Challenge February will begin on March 7th 2017. A shared serial code to give both of these stones will also be available from April.

Also Japan are getting a Shiny Tapu Koko event later this month to coincide with the release of the second Sun/Moon boosters in Japan (as a Shiny Tapu Koko promo exists).

Well, I just had my best run ever at the Battle Tree. I got to round 44, and managed to scout Wally, Kiawe, and Sina. I didn't know about the feature prior, so I didn't recruit Colress. And, my loss was sad, since before it, I managed to scrap a win from a team entirely of legendaries. Virizion, Raikou, and Latios. The Latios was a pain, since I was trying to stall it out with my Ferrothorn, but the jabroni kept using Recover until it burnt its PP out. Feels kinda sad that next battle I lost to a stupid Medicham with Bullet Punch.

...wait, funk! I should've scouted that chick with the legendaries.

And the Global Mission has reached over 3.7 million BP, with 10 days still to go. They set that bar REALLY low, which is hilarious, because I thought they set it too high at first.

Grabbed the Mewtwo stones, which is kind of cool, even though I don't have a Mewtwo in my S/M games.

Just gonna complain about how my HA Legendaries from Yellow turned out:

Mewtwo  
Ability: Unnerve  
Level: 70  
Hardy Nature  
IVs: 7 HP / 7 Atk / 7 SpA / 7 Spe  
- Swift  
- Psychic  
- Barrier  
- Recover

Articuno  
Ability: Snow Cloak  
Level: 53  
Hardy Nature  
IVs: 26 Def / 26 SpA / 7 Spe  
- Peck  
- Freeze-Dry  
- Ice Beam  
- Roost

Moltres  
Ability: Flame Body  
Level: 52  
Bold Nature  
IVs: 16 Atk / 16 SpA / 26 SpD  
- Peck  
- Fire Spin

Zapdos  
Ability: Static  
Hardy Nature  
IVs: 7 HP / 7 Atk / 30 Def  
- Thunder Shock  
- Drill Peck

... at least I know I should have battled with them before transferring but still... ew.

And the Global Mission has reached over 3.7 million BP, with 10 days still to go. They set that bar REALLY low, which is hilarious, because I thought they set it too high at first.

Wow! To think that we thought we wouldn't reach it seeing that the Battle Tree can be an ass sometimes, and yet here we are.

Well, there is how ridiculously rewarding streaks can be in Super Singles. The first ten rounds give 20 BP then 30, and so on. My latest streak would've earned me about 180 BP.

That is true. I mean with that in mind, if they wanted the goal to be a challenge, they could've made it considerably higher.

I finally got Pokemon Sun 3 days ago and if your wondering what starter I chose, here it is. [spoiler=.]Poke%CC%81mon-Sun-and-Moon-2-1280x1230.j

I usually choose the fire starter in Pokemon games, but I decided to go with the water starter because the water starter's final evolution looks fricking beautiful.(And also because it becomes a Water/Fairy-Type.)

I finally got Pokemon Sun 3 days ago and if your wondering what starter I chose, here it is. [spoiler=.]Poke%CC%81mon-Sun-and-Moon-2-1280x1230.j

Welcome to the club. 

====

Speaking of which, I'd better get my Mewtwonite stones for both games, and yeah, BP for the global challenge. May have to import stuff early for Moon, because you know how much the Tree/Royale cheat like all hell. 

I usually choose the fire starter in Pokemon games, but I decided to go with the water starter because the water starter's final evolution looks fricking beautiful.(And also because it becomes a Water/Fairy-Type.)

Oh, and by the way, I already beat the Elite Four.

I still wish the Elite 4 were stronger post-game (or really, all of the NPCs after the initial E4 challenge). Should've been somewhere in the 70's and full team [White 2 had the same power level in the main story for E4, and they got boosted substantially to 72/74 - 77 later]. I mean, it yields good money but...

Black Tower / Treehollow-esque facility would've been nice (and probably would've taken that over the Tree, or if it were like that). 

(And no, I'm not using the Rare Kitchen / Battle Tables I have....yet)

Really, now that I'm using my bred mons the only way the Tree cheats is with the usual manipulation of hit-chance, secondary effect abuse, and screwing you over with status effects. Really, it just plays dirty with some incredibly cheesy strats mostly.

Also King, you might wanna make reservations on what is the best line in the game.

Just gonna complain about how my HA Legendaries from Yellow turned out:

Mewtwo  
Ability: Unnerve  
Level: 70  
Hardy Nature  
IVs: 7 HP / 7 Atk / 7 SpA / 7 Spe  
- Swift  
- Psychic  
- Barrier  
- Recover

Articuno  
Ability: Snow Cloak  
Level: 53  
Hardy Nature  
IVs: 26 Def / 26 SpA / 7 Spe  
- Peck  
- Freeze-Dry  
- Ice Beam  
- Roost

Moltres  
Ability: Flame Body  
Bold Nature  
IVs: 16 Atk / 16 SpA / 26 SpD  
- Peck  
- Fire Spin

Zapdos  
Ability: Static  
Hardy Nature  
IVs: 7 HP / 7 Atk / 30 Def  
- Thunder Shock  
- Drill Peck

... at least I know I should have battled with them before transferring but still... ew.

lmao, lucky sevens not so lucky after all

Even though registration for the Kanto x Alola competition has begun, I'm gonna pass on it this time.

I just discovered that to qualify for the Mawilite/Beedrillite, you need to have done THREE battles in the competition. I overlooked that condition somehow. Darn, guess I'll be waiting until April.

They really do need to make that clearer.

EDIT: I say that, and when I checked Serebii, they mentioned the three battles thing.

EDIT 2: Despite doing the 3 battles, I'll have to wait till April for the stones as well, because for some funking reason... again, I didn't show up in the rankings. I hate entering competitions and being jipped of my participation prize. Pisses me off.

We all hate it when organizers / people in general don't get their sheet together. If you need 3 battles to get a prize, then you'd better say it (and fix the ranking system).

Maybe it's a good thing I don't enter these tournaments; if Gamefreak/Nintendo can't get their act together and this happens again, I don't want to have wasted my time fighting for nothing because "oops, we didn't say you have to be on rankings to get prize, and not our fault for telling you this until sometime later").

* insert trollface comment with Gamefreak's logo *

====

Sigh, and I still need to get 5 BP on both cartridges for my Heavy Ball from the Global mission.

Archived